Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - PIMP my PSC - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Do PSC members think its time to change the looks and features of PSC???

Yes, definitely

41%

41%

[ 12 ]

No, I like as it is

27%

27%

[ 8 ]

I don't care

31%

31%

[ 9 ]

Total Votes: 29

glennhanna

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:52 am   Reply with quote         

1. Increase the price of Advantage to $25 a month. To help pay for all the changes you want to make.

2. For nonadvantage members, when you submit in today's contest, you automatically get to see tomorrow's source today.

3. Artist of the month. Mods pick a member to feature for a month on the front page with a link to a short article, interview, portfolio, whatever.

4. Battle anyone one-on-one in any daily contest. Pick a day, send an invitation to the person you want to challenge, when they accept, a separate stat will be tracked on your profile. The person with the most votes between challengers wins the battle. Click on your profile to see how many battles won and battles lost you've achieved. This might make it fun for members of similar skill levels to challenge one another.

5. Add member avatars to chat, because names just don't do the job sometimes. We are visual people.

acemanoj

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:22 am   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
1. Increase the price of Advantage to $25 a month. To help pay for all the changes you want to make.

2. For nonadvantage members, when you submit in today's contest, you automatically get to see tomorrow's source today.

3. Artist of the month. Mods pick a member to feature for a month on the front page with a link to a short article, interview, portfolio, whatever.

4. Battle anyone one-on-one in any daily contest. Pick a day, send an invitation to the person you want to challenge, when they accept, a separate stat will be tracked on your profile. The person with the most votes between challengers wins the battle. Click on your profile to see how many battles won and battles lost you've achieved. This might make it fun for members of similar skill levels to challenge one another.

5. Add member avatars to chat, because names just don't do the job sometimes. We are visual people.

Good suggestions here. I like the second one very much. Third one will boost choppers dedication toward contest. Others are nice too. Fifth one is fun Very Happy
Money raising should be done from Advertise and donation.

frazile

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:57 am   Reply with quote         

It would be nice to be able to choose more alternatives to why you give the vote. For ex. idea, execution and authenticy. I've sometimes had a hard time to pick just one and would love to have given more alternatives. I don't mean that the vote amount itself would rise, just that you could pick more alternatives Smile

Sh!Za

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:36 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
100% anon contests have been tried/failed and talked about forever. You have Anon Prize & Thursday Contests right now. Many people dislike them because it takes away from seeing the tips and comments during said contests... Taking away from the 'learning' portion of this site.

Maybe try a best of both worlds? You could keep the author anonymous but still allow everyone to see votes/comments?

I also like the idea of allowing for Portrait orientation for sources and entries. I've had decent sources to submit, and have either had to crop them to make them landscape, or not submit them at all.

I'd also be interested in an ignore/block member feature for the forums.

YEAH! Im absolutly agree with shaman! 100% anon contests is not a good idea, because in this contests there are not many voters! for example I won an anon contest with 14 votes?! with fewer votes there will be fewer and fewer members, i think! to try a best of both worlds is in my opinion a great idea...

An ignore or block system could end in chaos!!! so i would make a rating system, in wich u can rate comments with max. 5 stars or 5 PCS's Very Happy (or like in youtube thumbs up, thumbs down)

just an idea.....

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:03 am   Reply with quote         

With block/ignore I mean only in the forums & chat room
I would not want the block feature to affect contests.

never gonna happen though.

also... a rating system was in place not so long ago... and was BADLY misused by certain members that are no longer here.

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:13 am   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:

Lost me right there (didn't even read the rest). I had a tough time justifying to myself for spending the $40 for a 2 YEAR advantage. Especially after life decided to get in my way and not allow me the time to chop that I used to have.

There's absolutely zero chance that I would spend $300 a year on a diversionary activity like PSC. I gotta believe I'm not the only one that would balk at that price point either. Confused

TheShaman

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:26 am   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
There's absolutely zero chance that I would spend $300 a year on a diversionary activity like PSC. I gotta believe I'm not the only one that would balk at that price point either. Confused

I'll second that.
Especially since I barely have time to use my advantage now.

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:27 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
glennhanna wrote:

Lost me right there (didn't even read the rest). I had a tough time justifying to myself for spending the $40 for a 2 YEAR advantage. Especially after life decided to get in my way and not allow me the time to chop that I used to have.

yep

acemanoj

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:19 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
Quote:
There's absolutely zero chance that I would spend $300 a year on a diversionary activity like PSC. I gotta believe I'm not the only one that would balk at that price point either.

Agree with that. As I said in earlier post
Quote:
Money raising should be done from Advertise and donation.

Dechene

Post Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:24 am   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:

This is one thing that PSC really needs. I'm sure I read a thread last year that mentioned that most of the code to set this up was already written... I'm guessing either Grefix or Supak said that, but I could be lying through my teeth.

Sure would be a great feature though...

blue_lurker

Post Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:18 am   Reply with quote         

Dechene wrote:
glennhanna wrote:

This is one thing that PSC really needs. I'm sure I read a thread last year that mentioned that most of the code to set this up was already written... I'm guessing either Grefix or Supak said that, but I could be lying through my teeth.

Sure would be a great feature though...

we use to have H2h option a long time ago was good but difficult to control...at one point only a few people were being challenged by every one else...so it got dropped.

Good idea but would need to have strict guide lines and well this place hates strict guide lines...lmao

Tommeken

Post Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:46 am   Reply with quote         

and what about a weekly chopperdome?
or two teams competing....randomly..you sign up not knowing who ur partner will be....against other two choppers...
i used to like the chopperdome but it never returned Sad

blue_lurker

Post Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:03 am   Reply with quote         

Tommeken wrote:
and what about a weekly chopperdome?
or two teams competing....randomly..you sign up not knowing who ur partner will be....against other two choppers...
i used to like the chopperdome but it never returned Sad

Well you could always take it over I just dont have the time any more

glennhanna

Post Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:16 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
glennhanna wrote:

Lost me right there (didn't even read the rest).

I forgot the smiley face laugh Laughing
The first one was just a joke to point out that some of the previously suggested ideas would take a lot of time and effort, and money. I was going to put $100 a month, perhaps then the sarcasm would have been better received.

acemanoj

Post Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:40 am   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
TofuTheGreat wrote:
glennhanna wrote:

Lost me right there (didn't even read the rest).

I forgot the smiley face laugh Laughing
The first one was just a joke to point out that some of the previously suggested ideas would take a lot of time and effort, and money. I was going to put $100 a month, perhaps then the sarcasm would have been better received.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
But seriously, there are sites out there with many features suggested in this thread...and are completely free.
Now before any sarcasm; about go join those sites. we are just trying to improve some aspects of this site....that's it Smile

Well the poll results are weird(Just 23 members voted: max votes are 25 Razz)...but still PSC members if saw through just "Yes" and "NO"....wants the change....Very Happy And Some people doesn't care at all....Rolling Eyes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - PIMP my PSC - Reply to topic