Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Just a little miffed - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

charliesou

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:30 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
zorda wrote:
This really wasn't about the votes Charlie; it was more to do with the rudeness of the public comment about how much work had gone into the post. If I was gonna bitch about voting; I'd be posting in this forum everyday Laughing

I did do a lot of work on that tractor post, but still find mistakes in it, even now.

TJ gave me the suggestion a few days ago about making a link to exterior sources; makes sense...I still have to set up an outside account.

Oh for god sake toughen up Princess its just a web site, we have all put in lots of work and got shit comments move on, and whos this Charlie you speak off does he like midgets and lime jelly as well.

I am the Charlie in question.
Speak to me directly,I am a grown up, I can take my licks head on.
Rolling Eyes

charliesou

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:32 am   Reply with quote         

Midgets and lime jelly ?
Whit the fucks that mean ?

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:48 pm   Reply with quote         

I could see why you wouldn't like that comment but it wasn't rude enough to warrant its own thread.
The comment section isn't reserved for positive comments alone.
Personally, I can understand why he was compelled to write what he did.

The fact is, a good number of people who voted for your entry believed that you skillfully manipulated the original truck into a new angle.
Example: "This one should win just due to the excellent transformation of the tractor. "

Sure you did some minor clean-up work on the background but do you really think that's what people were voting for?

I've seen this kind of entry many times in the past and,
every time, voters get fooled into thinking the original image was actually manipulated. In my opinion, if you're going to submit this kind of work then at least post your externals along with it.

The fact that this guy wanted to inform people that you had pasted in a different tractor is not a bad thing.
It's good for this site when people get a little upset. It shows they care and are paying attention, instead of reflexively hitting the vote button.

Synthvet

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:11 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Synthvet wrote:

He's not dead. He's simply RESTING.

Gort

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:07 pm   Reply with quote         

badcop wrote:
I could see why you wouldn't like that comment but it wasn't rude enough to warrant its own thread.

The fact is, a good number of people who voted for your entry believed that you skillfully manipulated the original truck into a new angle.
Example: "This one should win just due to the excellent transformation of the tractor. "

Sure you did some minor clean-up work on the background but do you really think that's what people were voting for?

every time, voters get fooled into thinking the original image was actually manipulated. In my opinion, if you're going to submit this kind of work then at least post your externals along with it.

The fact that this guy wanted to inform people that you had pasted in a different tractor is not a bad thing.
It's good for this site when people get a little upset. It shows they care and are paying attention, instead of reflexively hitting the vote button.

My thoughts exactly.
When I first joined this site, it was the norm for comments to be harsh if the work was below certain standards. Stuff like "didn't you ever hear of the pen tool?" was ok. We had Sword of Truth and other members leaving brutal comments for poor work...which I sometimes agreed with, sometimes not....but it made me wanna chop better. I kinda miss those days.

bigbuck

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:15 pm   Reply with quote         

While this guy wasn't particularly tactful in his comment, I can sort of see his point. By the time you bring the new tractor in (with it's own concrete slab attached), there isn't that much overlap to clean up.

I think the car mirror shadow is a moot point, when on the other side of the road, shadows from the power poles are still falling to the left.
Anyway, it's a nice chop. I don't think it's worth getting upset over such a petty comment. I've had way worse comments posted on my stuff.
Cheers.

charliesou

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:13 pm   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:
While this guy wasn'y particularly tactful in his comment, I can sort of see his point. By the time you bring the new tractor in (with it's own concrete slab attached), there isn't that much overlap to clean up.

I think the car mirror shadow is a moot point, when on the other side of the road, shadows from the power poles are still falling to the left.
Anyway, it's a nice chop. I don't think it's worth getting upset over such a petty comment. I've had way worse comments posted on my stuff.
Cheers.

Anyone who describes himself as an .."amber fluid testing engineer" , is a man to be wreck-oned with !
Bow

blue_lurker

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:50 pm   Reply with quote         

charliesou wrote:
blue_lurker wrote:
zorda wrote:
This really wasn't about the votes Charlie; it was more to do with the rudeness of the public comment about how much work had gone into the post. If I was gonna bitch about voting; I'd be posting in this forum everyday Laughing

I did do a lot of work on that tractor post, but still find mistakes in it, even now.

TJ gave me the suggestion a few days ago about making a link to exterior sources; makes sense...I still have to set up an outside account.

Oh for god sake toughen up Princess its just a web site, we have all put in lots of work and got shit comments move on, and whos this Charlie you speak off does he like midgets and lime jelly as well.

I am the Charlie in question.
Speak to me directly,I am a grown up, I can take my licks head on.
Rolling Eyes

Code:
Post 27 Nov 2010 10:32 am

Midgets and lime jelly ?
Whit the fucks that mean ?

I keep forgetting you guys have only been around a short time and never had to contend with criticism. (God I hate saying this) but Back in the day a comment of, "This is crap" or "There is more to PS than cut and paste" and my all time fav that I got a lot to start with "Shadows are wrong". Made me take better attention to light sources and shadow castings to my betterment. You new guys need to lighten up and not take this place so seriously most of us "elder statesman" are still here because we found some thing we liked. Most of us dont chop much at all but yet we still come here t look and pass on some of what we have learnt.

This place has become very protective of its comments, I still like to leave some constructive criticism if I can to encourage members. More people should do the same. I could not paint the Monalizzy but I know if I like it or not, so take the chance and step out of happy happy joy vile and say what you think. A bad comment is not a bad thing if used constructively. So as I said toughen up be honest and listen and learn, because you guys are the next "elder statesman".

Ok as you are relatively new here, I like "midget wrestlin in lime jelly" its my thing, long running joke check a few threads you will find it mentioned a lot when Im around. Your Scottish and have a liking for the wee little people so I just ask K.
(BTW my wife is Scott's from the island of Mull)

Shit did I type all that, sorry Splodge Smile

ReinMan

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:07 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:

Shit did I type all that, sorry Splodge Smile

I forgive you. Angel

Now... cut your hair and get a job you git!

Tesore

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
"Shadows are wrong"

Story of my life! Confused

Laughing

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Gort wrote:
badcop wrote:

My thoughts exactly.
When I first joined this site, it was the norm for comments to be harsh if the work was below certain standards. Stuff like "didn't you ever hear of the pen tool?" was ok. We had Sword of Truth and other members leaving brutal comments for poor work...which I sometimes agreed with, sometimes not....but it made me wanna chop better. I kinda miss those days.

Yup... agree with this.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Just a little miffed - Reply to topic