Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Update on Reyrey's court battle - Reply to topic

ReyRey

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Today was the final day of my civil case against the child molester. The judge awarded me 6.9 million dollars of which I will never see a penny. The scumbag doesn't own anything and what he did have his family sold as fast as they could. It was never about money anyways. It was just a way to keep my story in the paper and reach more of his victims to let them know they can come forward and not be afraid anymore. For those of you that don't know what I'm talking about. http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=282147
His sentencing for the criminal case is March 11th. I will be speaking to the judge. I will also be speaking at UCONN college and I have a radio interview. Anything to reach other victims and show them you can get some kind of justice and your closure is in the fact that you are helping others and future victims.
Peace

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Not that i am defending that bastard, but I thought there was some sort of limit on the amount of time you have before you can't bring charges against someone for stuff like this anymore. I don't know much about the details, but that's what I've always heard. Good to see that it doesn't seem to apply in this case.

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Congrats Rey! I hope this gives you some closure and know that some justice was served. And what the heck. You can tell people your a millionaire in principal!

ReyRey

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:25 am   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:
Not that i am defending that bastard, but I thought there was some sort of limit on the amount of time you have before you can't bring charges against someone for stuff like this anymore. I don't know much about the details, but that's what I've always heard. Good to see that it doesn't seem to apply in this case.

mason4300 wrote:

There was a five year limit to bring criminal charges.
But civil cases are a different matter.
On the other hand, the civil statute of limitation is the current period of limitations. It gives victims is 30 years after they reach age 18 to file a personal injury action based on the crime. There is no limitation on bringing a personal injury action to recover damages caused by sexual assault when the party legally at fault for the injury is convicted of first-degree sexual assault or first-degree aggravated sexual assault for such action. Likewise, there is no limitation on enforcing or instituting an action to collect money damages awarded in such an action.

And the law for criminal charges has changed in CT.
In 2002, the Connecticut General Assembly extended the time period for prosecuting child sexual assault cases. The law, which took effect on October 1, 2002, applies to crimes committed on and after that date.

Generally, the statute of limitations for prosecuting sexual abuse, sexual exploitation, or sexual assault of a minor is 30 years after the victim reaches age 18, or up to five years from the date he notifies the police or a prosecutor of the crime, whichever is earlier. In cases of second-degree sexual assault where the victim is between ages 13 and 16 and the offender is more than two years older, the five-year notification period applies only if the notice is given within five years after the crime was committed. First-degree sexual assault and first-degree aggravated sexual assault, both class A felonies, may be prosecuted at any time (PA 02-138, codified at CGS § 54-193a).

It is first-degree sexual assault to have sexual intercourse with a child (1) under age 16 by force or (2) under age 13 where the actor is at least two years older (CGS § 53a-70). It is first-degree aggravated sexual assault to commit first-degree sexual assault against a minor under age 16 while armed, with intent to disfigure the victim, with an extreme indifference to human life, or while aided by two or more people (CGS § 53a-70a).

ReyRey

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:28 am   Reply with quote         

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:44 am   Reply with quote         

This is one of those stories where your not even sure if you want to comments on. What that guy did to you was horrible to say the least. No words I can ever think of could describe what you must have went thru.

I have a lot of respect for you. That took some serious curage to be able to come foreward with that. I don't know if I would have had the strength to do it. Most will probably never come foreward because of fear or embarrasment.

I hope after he is sentenced this will bring you some peace in knowing he can't do it to anyone else.

I really hope he get raped 3 times a day in prison for the rest of his life. That might give him a little insight on the fear and suffering he spread around the community.

ReinMan

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:27 am   Reply with quote         

High props for staying on this thing, Rey. thumright salut

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:28 pm   Reply with quote         

That is really excellent then, Rey. I am glad that you've been able to accomplish what you have.

ground_zero298 wrote:

I really hope he get raped 3 times a day in prison for the rest of his life. That might give him a little insight on the fear and suffering he spread around the community.

Based on news reports I've seen in the past, I think it's safe to say that if you're going to prison, the absolute worst thing to be is a rapist or child molester. Guys have been killed for that.

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:42 pm   Reply with quote         

can't say enough how admirable this is. i have been following your posts since you started posting here. I saw your tattoo and it says it all. You are a hero to a lot of people. I'm so glad that scum is going away and it's good to know there are people like you out there still. Good Job Rey.

annajon

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Big hugs ReyRey. It is good to see you can get some paper justice after all this time. If only to show others that it can be done. That must give people courage some day, to come forward with their own cases against other creeps.

blue_lurker

Post Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:45 am   Reply with quote         

You go 2Rey

bigbuck

Post Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:32 am   Reply with quote         

I'd settle for 6.9 minutes in a locked room with the bastard!

mikey

Post Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:27 pm   Reply with quote         

You kicked his ass Rey!!! Congrats! Very Happy

TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:52 pm   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:
I'd settle for 6.9 minutes in a locked room with the bastard!
Where's the line form?

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Update on Reyrey's court battle - Reply to topic