Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Giffy Galore - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Luxwiz

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Designed2522 wrote:

agreed, really hate that giffs are so popular on this website now.... if ya want animation go elsewhere!!!

don't like 'em don't vote for them... but just maybe there are other people who do.This site is called PHOTOSHOPcontest.com.It so happens that you can make gifs with photoshop so they are as valid as anything else you can make or do with photoshop,like using style layers,play with bevels,overdo the filter palette,or the 3D in PS5.This site is oriented around the photomanipulation of a source photo,which to me means that the source should be changed to a certain degree but still discernable in the final image.I've seen some work here that goes so far as to virtually make the source photo all but irrecognizable due to it's artistic inclinations.Should that invalidate the entry because there are people that don't like artsy work.How far should you go with blood and gore (check out todays contest).There are people that don't like that but there you go.Don't like it, don't vote for it but don't start censoring what you personally don't like (or can't do).The only thing that is censored here it seems are sexually explicit works,which to me is far less offensive than the blood and violence...but there you go.Don't like gifs,don't vote for them or if you see the word GIF in a title quickly click on the next entry,but don't negate those people that do make them or enjoy seeing them.Try making one sometime,you just might learn to appreciate the work involved and learn to re-evaluate your opinion of them.Cheers Smile

pakimo

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Gifs are cheap and very easy to make. Basketball

Luxwiz

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:16 pm   Reply with quote         

pakimo wrote:

So is buttered popcorn but who doesn't like at the cinema while watching a good movie.Pakimo I didn't think you were the violent type or were into baseball.I'll say it again don't like them,don't vote for them..but who are you to negate someone else that enjoys them.I got a better idea,start your own website,call it photoshopnogifcontest .com and toot your horn there all you like. Vuvuzela

supak0ma

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:16 pm   Reply with quote         

pakimo wrote:

and what would you know about it?

pakimo

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
pakimo wrote:

So is buttered popcorn but who doesn't like at the cinema while watching a good movie.Pakimo I didn't think you were the violent type or were into baseball.I'll say it again don't like them,don't vote for them..but who are you to negate someone else that enjoys them.I got a better idea,start your own website,call it photoshopnogifcontest .com and toot your horn there all you like. Vuvuzela
I reserve the right to express my opinion. blackeye It is no secret what I think of them. Oh, by the way; I like my popcorn with salt only. Ty ;P

Napalm32

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Designed2522 wrote:
pakimo wrote:

agreed, really hate that giffs are so popular on this website now.... if ya want animation go elsewhere!!!

Disagreeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gifs were made in Photoshop?
What's the name of this site?
"Photoshopcontest.com".
So.............................. No need other words.
And in a H2H should be permitted to post gifs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pakimo

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:33 pm   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
pakimo wrote:

and what would you know about it?
enought to say they are cheap and easy to make. Wink

Napalm32

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:36 pm   Reply with quote         

pakimo wrote:

Try to do this:

Hehehehe

pakimo

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Napalm32 wrote:

"Photoshopcontest.com".
Photoshop? You can make 2 hour movies, 3D, and more in photoshop. Just because something has been in the program doesn't mean it is suited for image manipulations ;P

Luxwiz

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:38 pm   Reply with quote         

pakimo wrote:
Luxwiz wrote:
pakimo wrote:

I reserve the right to express my opinion. blackeye It is no secret what I think of them. Oh, by the way; I like my popcorn with salt only. Ty ;P

Don't misunderstand me...I'm not negating your opinion,I'm negating you negating this site to allow gifs.And popcorn with salt is also cheap and easy to make btw. Mr. Green
Also what D said up above is that he hates it that giffs are so popular here...if they are popular it must be for a reason.

pakimo

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Napalm32 wrote:
I prefer not to pick apart an image or a chopper during this discussion Smile

Napalm32

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:43 pm   Reply with quote         

pakimo wrote:
Napalm32 wrote:

"Photoshopcontest.com".
Photoshop? You can make 2 hour movies, 3D, and more in photoshop. Just because something has been in the program doesn't mean it is suited for image manipulations ;P

To make a cool gif, it is supposed to manipulate the source and so, make a chop. In second time animate it. So it is a double work. In my opinion.
But everyone is frre to explain his opinion. Don't you agree?

pakimo

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Napalm32 wrote:

To make a cool gif, it is supposed to manipulate the source and so, make a chop. In second time animate it. So it is a double work. In my opinion.
Yep, I see on animated gifs as a way to hide a bad chop.

Luxwiz

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:04 pm   Reply with quote         

pakimo wrote:
Napalm32 wrote:

Yep, I see on animated gifs as a way to hide a bad chop.

That's like saying movie producers make movies cause they are bad photographers.Man are you barking up the wrong tree. Doh!

pakimo

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:

That's like saying movie producers make movies cause they are bad photographers.Man are you barking up the wrong tree. Doh!
Doh!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Giffy Galore - Reply to topic