Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

 


Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H H2H H2H H2H H2H - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

mikey

Location: Somerville MA

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:20 pm   Reply with quote         


I'm in, what's the next step!




Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:52 pm   Reply with quote         


mikey wrote:
I'm in, what's the next step!


Lose in round 1!

Twisted Evil




TofuTheGreat

Location: Back where I belong.

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:58 pm   Reply with quote         


Azionite wrote:
mikey wrote:
I'm in, what's the next step!


Lose in round 1!

Twisted Evil
Laughing




_________________
Why I do believe it's pants-less o'clock! - Lar deSouza
”The mind is like a parachute, it doesn’t work if it isn’t open.” - Frank Zappa
Created using photoshop and absolutely no talent. - reyrey

Cartoon Contractor

Location: I was here. Now I'm not!

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:27 pm   Reply with quote         


mikey wrote:
I'm in, what's the next step!


Ummmmmmmmmm, learn how to use photoshop? Smile

Ummmmmmmmmm, buy large bag of weed for inspiration! Smile

Ummmmmmmmmm, buy large bags of chips, cookies, candy to satisfy cravings after smoking large bag of weed! Laughing

Crash and burn after round ONE!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing




JORDAN792

Location: Michi-gan

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:36 pm   Reply with quote         


Cartoon Contractor wrote:
mikey wrote:
I'm in, what's the next step!


Ummmmmmmmmm, learn how to use photoshop? Smile

Ummmmmmmmmm, buy large bag of weed for inspiration! Smile

Ummmmmmmmmm, buy large bags of chips, cookies, candy to satisfy cravings after smoking large bag of weed! Laughing

Crash and burn after round ONE!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing




you forgot water, lots and lots of water Laughing Laughing Laughing




_________________

the burning couch

Location: I don't know, but it sure is dark in here

Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:18 am   Reply with quote         


JORDAN792 wrote:
Cartoon Contractor wrote:
mikey wrote:
I'm in, what's the next step!


Ummmmmmmmmm, learn how to use photoshop? Smile

Ummmmmmmmmm, buy large bag of weed for inspiration! Smile

Ummmmmmmmmm, buy large bags of chips, cookies, candy to satisfy cravings after smoking large bag of weed! Laughing

Crash and burn after round ONE!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing




you forgot water, lots and lots of water Laughing Laughing Laughing


naaa...forget the water......nice guy that I am, I'm gonna tell the bartender at the Loser's Lounge that your come'n...so your drinks will be all ready for you when ya get there.

See..now wasn't that nice of me? Mr. Green

*!*




_________________
Half of writing history is hiding the truth.~ Mal
mikey

Location: Somerville MA

Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:36 am   Reply with quote         


Azionite wrote:
mikey wrote:
I'm in, what's the next step!


Lose in round 1!

Twisted Evil


Laughing I asked for that didn't I




buglover

Location: Hamburg/Germany/Europe/Right hand sight of the USA

Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:52 am   Reply with quote         


mikey wrote:
I'm in, what's the next step!
first fo all I want my brackets!

..and does anybody knows how many have signed up yet?

BL




_________________
Once he was addicted to psc - Now he's dead and free.
nat_g31

Location: Permanent vacation from Nor Cal

Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:05 am   Reply with quote         


buglover wrote:
mikey wrote:
I'm in, what's the next step!
first fo all I want my brackets!

..and does anybody knows how many have signed up yet?

BL


Yeah, is there going to be a play in round? I can't wait for that!




_________________

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West
the burning couch

Location: I don't know, but it sure is dark in here

Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:44 am   Reply with quote         


nat_g31 wrote:


Yeah, is there going to be a play in round? I can't wait for that!


New this year - A play-in round will be held to ensure all people who sign up by the cutoff date will be given the opportunity to participate in the H2H. The purpose of this round is to narrow the number of participants down to an even number for standard balanced brackets (i.e. 64, 128, 256) What this means is the highest seeded participants will receive a bye through this play-in round, while the lower seeded participants will battle it out for the right to continue on in the tourney

*!*




_________________
Half of writing history is hiding the truth.~ Mal
nat_g31

Location: Permanent vacation from Nor Cal

Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:48 am   Reply with quote         


the burning couch wrote:
nat_g31 wrote:


Yeah, is there going to be a play in round? I can't wait for that!


New this year - A play-in round will be held to ensure all people who sign up by the cutoff date will be given the opportunity to participate in the H2H. The purpose of this round is to narrow the number of participants down to an even number for standard balanced brackets (i.e. 64, 128, 256) What this means is the highest seeded participants will receive a bye through this play-in round, while the lower seeded participants will battle it out for the right to continue on in the tourney

*!*


Does anyone know when this is going to go down?




_________________

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West
billtvshow
Site Moderator

Location: North Carolina

Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:50 pm   Reply with quote         


The play-in round will, in essence, be the first round and will start on May 7th.

I'll explain how this works. These numbers are hypothetical.
Let's say we end up with 160 registrants by the cutoff date of May 2nd. That number needs to be narrowed down to 128 to get even brackets.
160 - 128 = 32 * 2 = 64
64 people would have to participate in the play-in round.
These would be the 64 entrants with the lowest pscore.
160 - 64 = 96
The other 96 entrants (the 96 with the highest pscores) would receive byes into the round of 128.
The 32 winners from the play-in round would be plugged into the brackets in the appropriate spots against the 96 people who had byes, resulting in a total of 128 people. The round of 128 would then start on May 14th and everything would be even from there on out.

The brackets will likely be up sometime prior to the start of the play-in round on May 7th, so be on the lookout for those. At the least, you should definitely come by on May 7th and see if you are in the play-in round or not. If you get a bye, you won't start competing until May 14th.

It may sound confusing, but the brackets should help you make sense of it all once they are released.

Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:01 pm   Reply with quote         




Wink




Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:10 pm   Reply with quote         


billtvshow wrote:
The play-in round will, in essence, be the first round and will start on May 7th.

I'll explain how this works. These numbers are hypothetical.
Let's say we end up with 160 registrants by the cutoff date of May 2nd. That number needs to be narrowed down to 128 to get even brackets.
160 - 128 = 32 * 2 = 64
64 people would have to participate in the play-in round.
These would be the 64 entrants with the lowest pscore.
160 - 64 = 96
The other 96 entrants (the 96 with the highest pscores) would receive byes into the round of 128.
The 32 winners from the play-in round would be plugged into the brackets in the appropriate spots against the 96 people who had byes, resulting in a total of 128 people. The round of 128 would then start on May 14th and everything would be even from there on out.

The brackets will likely be up sometime prior to the start of the play-in round on May 7th, so be on the lookout for those. At the least, you should definitely come by on May 7th and see if you are in the play-in round or not. If you get a bye, you won't start competing until May 14th.

It may sound confusing, but the brackets should help you make sense of it all once they are released.


Very cool! Great way to handle the extra entrants and hopefully cut down on the 1st round no-shows as well!

thumleft




glennhanna

Location: Eugene, Oregon

Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:30 pm   Reply with quote         


I say forget the byes. People will still no-show round 2. Lets weed out those no shows by having everyone play round 1. I'm going to take a guess that participation might be light this year. Lets get the people signed up as many rounds as possible.




Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H H2H H2H H2H H2H - Reply to topic

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Navigate PSC
Contests open  completed  winners  prizes  events  rules  rss 
Galleries votes  authentic  skillful  funny  creative  theme  winners 
Interact register  log in/out  forum  chat  user lookup  contact 
Stats monthly leaders  hall of fame  record holders 
PSC advantage  news (rss)  faq  about  links  contact  home 
Help faq  search  new users  tutorials  contact  password 

Adobe, the Adobe logo, Adobe Photoshop, Creative Suite and Illustrator are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Text and images copyright © 2000-2006 Photoshop Contest. All rights reserved.
A venture of ExpertRating.com