Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - "All source" - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

charliesou

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:21 pm   Reply with quote         

anabe wrote:
Cartoon Contractor wrote:
anabe wrote:
roger1 wrote:

Lesson learned: It doesn't matter HOW much source is used. It's how EFFECTIVE you are at making it RELEVANT to your entry. Wink

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/169382/crash-landing-gif.html

Agreed. Very Happy

WOW! Shocked Anna Speaks! Shocked
I'm shocked! Shocked

I think this is the first time I've seen a post from you! Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm deeply disappointed...you never noticed me... Surprised .
Anyway, just wanted to get my quota in for the year Very Happy and work on another "all source"! Very Happy

Anna's subtle strokes hath charmed this savage beastie !

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/175105/sculpture.html

Trann

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:51 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Most "all source" are not really " all source"" anyway's.
It's ok to use " all source" to describe what you did but it should not be used to push for more votes.

I have always appreciated an "all source" and try to learn from others when they accomplish something creative.

I don't think advertising it as such sells anyone: most of us are savvy enough to notice when something looks to be external, I would think. My last true "all source" was one that most kept "all source" anyway...

Ref. http://photoshopcontest.com/photoshop-contest/2663/tarnished-829.html?l=&o=votes

...but one guy throws a hair into the paint and cheats out a win... I mean, c'mon!

Wink

abraham

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:12 am   Reply with quote         

Okay, let me share something for the topic. First, about putting "all source" in the description under the entry, I do that Laughing . For me, it's just a basic info, a short one. Anybody actually is allowed to put anything to describe their entries, the longer the more "possible votes" you can get compared to just "all source" note, I guess. An "all source" note is not meant to get more votes and more likely, It's not there to irritate anyone Laughing. Again, It's just a short description that may say all, period. It's up to the voters.

Sometimes I put simple basic tutorials. Does it mean I am whoring for votes or just want to share and help? http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/134279/flowers-for-you.html

I also do images with externals, sometimes I put links to show what I use, sometimes I don't. For me, it's much more difficult to do an entry with externals. I am talking about the good ones. You have to look for good externals then you have to integrate them to come up with a story, it's an skill that not all can do very well, I do poorly on this style that's why i usually do all source, a minus point in fact.

Lastly, about the "go big", I am guilty with this also, Laughing . I am now about 4 years here in the site. I still remember when I was accused of posting small size images, citing that I was trying to hide details. From then on, I see to it that I post my entries in the larger size possible and put the "go big" sign, not everytime though. I am using a laptop doing my chops and I have a poor eyesight, so one reason for putting the "go big" sign is for others to see what i did not notice. I'm sure some members here know me as the one who always do updates Laughing . Okay, I guess this is my longest post ever in the forum. Peace.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - "All source" - Reply to topic