Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Dear Proc, - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Sounds Reasonable?

Yes

73%

73%

[ 14 ]

No

26%

26%

[ 5 ]

Total Votes: 19

rockyjob

Post Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Where are you? Why do we never see you? Why do you disappear at the most inconvenient times? We as a community NEED you. We need improvements, renovations, management! The site is somewhat dying, I know you know that. No one wants to chop at a site that's plummeting downhill! We want something fresh, we want a solution, we want to see this site alive. So maybe I'm hoping for too much, but just listen:
A. Appear once in a while, say some hellos, tell us your plans
B. Hire someone that's PAID that can do site adjustments, fixes and edits!!
C. Sell the site if you can't do any of the above.

I know you won't respond (prove me wrong) but I just hate to my first online community, and one of the friendliest and most diverse die. So please, just stop by, your absence is leaving the community with a sense of insecurity.
We can't fix this ourselves. It's a cycle, if we do fix it, PSC will rise back up for a month maybe, just like when we have H2H's and then fall down again. We need a permanent solution.

Martrex

Post Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Sorry you've made a wrong turn, Management Cares Blvd was 2 streets back. Now you are on Keep the Money Coming Ave. The street after Living the good life leave me alone St.
Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

blue_lurker

Post Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:23 am   Reply with quote         

Wow thats a lot of blame there if you ask me...I see Proc here all the time and chat with him in chat and know he does a lot of behind the stage stuff as do all the mods...who by the way volunteer.

For a free to use site in most cases this place runs ok, yeah it may need some sprucing up and a little TLC repair work, but for the most part it still runs ok...the lack of participation cant be blamed on the owner or the staff.

The lack of participation in my opinion is our fault, we make this place what it is and at the moment yep it is slowly spiralling downward. What we do abut it, I don't have the answers, I'm one of the people that stopped being active here a long time ago. Why I guess a lot of reasons less time to do stuff here, ran outa ideas to keep things fun but most of all, just fed up with the new attitude of the members, nothing wrong with that its a free site, nut the win win win and im an artist thing just got old for me.

I still visit every day look in on chat look at contests but don't vote any more and spasmodically type in the forums. I don't do face-book so I do miss a lot of good friends here at PSC. I guess I don't have the juice to do the stuff we use to do.

I guess its up to you new guys to take the bull by the horns and get this place breathing once again. Thats what we did way back when. Stop blaming and bitching and start doing, get people interested start fun forum competitions that keep people interested, get outa face book and get into chat. Make it more fun to be here, have your own fun contest with in the PSC structure.

This place had a lot of heart back when and now its lost its way, so why don't you guys make a new path for PSC, instead of bitching and griping and complaining start doing, I know for a fact you don't need the owner to kick start this off you need a community. JMH was more active here way back when but he did not do a great deal of out the front participation he did keep things going behind the scenes with a lot of help from the mods. Our Mods are here a lot as well we just don't see them, but there there and doing all the time, as should our community be doing all the time, think about it and ten do some thing if ya fail then do some thing else.

Protesting and complaining wont do a god damn thing but make people feel less and less like coming here.

Now before ya start going all but we cant do this and we cant do that, why not work out what you can do and start from there.

Just my 2cents from the old Lurker ACME 2000 soap box.

annajon

Post Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:32 am   Reply with quote         

I hope that everybody will enter todays Tribute Day for our friends, by the looks of it only 6 people sofar did that. And the advantage members can't say they did not know it was happening.

@ Blue_lurker - I agree with most of what you said, exept for the you not entering and voting anymore. That is your choice. And it seems that is a choice a lot of others have made as well. But it is that point that all the questions are raised about, is it not? The fact that the older members don't enter anymore, or give comments on entries - or show they care by voting when they drop in.

blue_lurker

Post Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:44 am   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:
I hope that everybody will enter todays Tribute Day for our friends, by the looks of it only 6 people sofar did that. And the advantage members can't say they did not know it was happening.

@ Blue_lurker - I agree with most of what you said, exept for the you not entering and voting anymore. That is your choice. And it seems that is a choice a lot of others have made as well. But it is that point that all the questions are raised about, is it not? The fact that the older members don't enter anymore, or give comments on entries - or show they care by voting when they drop in.

Well anna I guess you can add the shit pms you get when you do comment, the abuse you get when you make a comment on a popular persons entry and lets not forget the accusations when you vote for a friend. Si I guess your right it is my choice but it had some out side influence.

With the Tribute thing I love that you tried to get some thing going but in my mind a tribute is more like the Doc Wu tributes doing a cartoon style thing just did not feel right for me...my choice again but is that not why PSC worked, you have a choice.

rockyjob

Post Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:33 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
Wow thats a lot of blame there if you ask me...I see Proc here all the time and chat with him in chat and know he does a lot of behind the stage stuff as do all the mods...who by the way volunteer.

For a free to use site in most cases this place runs ok, yeah it may need some sprucing up and a little TLC repair work, but for the most part it still runs ok...the lack of participation cant be blamed on the owner or the staff.

The lack of participation in my opinion is our fault, we make this place what it is and at the moment yep it is slowly spiralling downward. What we do abut it, I don't have the answers, I'm one of the people that stopped being active here a long time ago. Why I guess a lot of reasons less time to do stuff here, ran outa ideas to keep things fun but most of all, just fed up with the new attitude of the members, nothing wrong with that its a free site, nut the win win win and im an artist thing just got old for me.

I still visit every day look in on chat look at contests but don't vote any more and spasmodically type in the forums. I don't do face-book so I do miss a lot of good friends here at PSC. I guess I don't have the juice to do the stuff we use to do.

I guess its up to you new guys to take the bull by the horns and get this place breathing once again. Thats what we did way back when. Stop blaming and bitching and start doing, get people interested start fun forum competitions that keep people interested, get outa face book and get into chat. Make it more fun to be here, have your own fun contest with in the PSC structure.

This place had a lot of heart back when and now its lost its way, so why don't you guys make a new path for PSC, instead of bitching and griping and complaining start doing, I know for a fact you don't need the owner to kick start this off you need a community. JMH was more active here way back when but he did not do a great deal of out the front participation he did keep things going behind the scenes with a lot of help from the mods. Our Mods are here a lot as well we just don't see them, but there there and doing all the time, as should our community be doing all the time, think about it and ten do some thing if ya fail then do some thing else.

Protesting and complaining wont do a god damn thing but make people feel less and less like coming here.

Now before ya start going all but we cant do this and we cant do that, why not work out what you can do and start from there.

Just my 2cents from the old Lurker ACME 2000 soap box.

Blue, what I'm saying isn't bitching or complaining, and what I'm asking isn't too hard, just pop by, write some news on what you're gonna do, post something in the forums, your blowing what I said out of proportion. And it is somewhat his fault, we barely get any fixes and edits to the site. One of the reasons I left was homework and school sure, but mostly the feeling that this site wasn't going places while the other ones were.

Post Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:11 am   Reply with quote         

I think there should be more interesting "events", like the H2H contests and the team challenge.. Events capture the attention of new comers. These should be organized more frequently IMO.

blue_lurker

Post Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:02 am   Reply with quote         

Then get of ya butts and organise em...these events like scavhunts team chops, H2H were never started by the owners or admin they were started by the community.

Stop ya bitching and your whining and do some thing...like a lot of people here I have been there and done that many times over...if YOU want this site to survive then YOU do some thing about instead of complaining.

Post Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:44 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
Then get of ya butts and organise em...these events like scavhunts team chops, H2H were never started by the owners or admin they were started by the community.

Stop ya bitching and your whining and do some thing...like a lot of people here I have been there and done that many times over...if YOU want this site to survive then YOU do some thing about instead of complaining.

I'd love to when I have time.. and I'm not complaining, I'm just talking. Rolling Eyes

rockyjob

Post Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:50 am   Reply with quote         

Jesus blue no one is complaining!! Everything is complaining to you. I'm just asking the owner to pop in and say some hellos, to show us he cares, etc! I would do some fixes to this site, but I know nothing about web design, I'm just a user that wants to see the owner once in a while! And I'm not "complaining" about the layout, I'm just offering some suggestions he should hear.
I respect you, you are the heart of the community, you're an awesome dude, but man, I have the right to express my opinions.

blue_lurker

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:40 am   Reply with quote         

rockyjob wrote:
Jesus blue no one is complaining!! Everything is complaining to you. I'm just asking the owner to pop in and say some hellos, to show us he cares, etc! I would do some fixes to this site, but I know nothing about web design, I'm just a user that wants to see the owner once in a while! And I'm not "complaining" about the layout, I'm just offering some suggestions he should hear.
I respect you, you are the heart of the community, you're an awesome dude, but man, I have the right to express my opinions.

Oh come of it mate, your opening statement is nothing but a complaint.
Quote:
Where are you? Why do we never see you? Why do you disappear at the most inconvenient times? We as a community NEED you. We need improvements, renovations, management! The site is somewhat dying, I know you know that

I see Proc here all the time I chat with him in chat...I even get responses from my PMs...just because you don't see him does not mean he is not around.

We need improvements, renovations, management if thats not complaining I dont know what is. If you are that dis-satisfied then leave...its simple.

Quote:
We want something fresh, we want a solution, we want to see this site alive. So maybe I'm hoping for too much, but just listen:

Wow that sounds like a demand to me...if you are that unhappy here then create your own site to your liking. I never understand this we want bullshit here, its a free site for the most part you dont have to pay to play. Take the good and run with it.

Quote:
A. Appear once in a while, say some hellos, tell us your plans

He does you just don't look hard enough or your in a different time zone.
Quote:
B. Hire someone that's PAID that can do site adjustments, fixes and edits!!

Wow Im sure he would if he could...hey here is an idea why don't you get some people together and offer to pay some one to fix the things you beleive need fixing
Quote:
C. Sell the site if you can't do any of the above.

Are you for real, I beleive its his site to do as he wishes, just as it is your right to come here or not. Its all about choice mate.

Quote:
I know you won't respond (prove me wrong) but I just hate to my first online community, and one of the friendliest and most diverse die. So please, just stop by, your absence is leaving the community with a sense of insecurity.

I feel very secure as do most people I have chatted with at PSC...just because the boss aint around means squat. I think its the community that is letting the site down YOU, ME EVERYBODY

What made this site way back when was the people, not the owner or the mods it was the people, yet a lot of them have left for Oh so many reasons, some of us hang around because we stll find some thing to look at or to do.

I will say it once more its up to YOU to make PSC what you want it to be. You just need to get off ya butts and start doing instead of talking, (Typing in this case).

Holy shit did I just type all that, man Splodge would hate to read all that.

Look Rocky you can talk, type, point out all you want and thats fine its your choice. If you want change then step forward and make it happen, make PSC more fun get more people here. I have found that actions speak louder tan words.

Ok thats it for me on this subject, Im so over all the negative here like a lot of people it has been a fun ride but I need to to step away for a while.

Have fun
Play Nice
See ya when I see ya

annajon

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:54 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
annajon wrote:

Well anna I guess you can add the shit pms you get when you do comment, the abuse you get when you make a comment on a popular persons entry and lets not forget the accusations when you vote for a friend. Si I guess your right it is my choice but it had some out side influence.

With the Tribute thing I love that you tried to get some thing going but in my mind a tribute is more like the Doc Wu tributes doing a cartoon style thing just did not feel right for me...my choice again but is that not why PSC worked, you have a choice.

The thing is, BLue, when I think I can comment on a chop, I write a pm, never comment in the contest itself. Because I know I can be wrong, and then hurt somebody's feelings.

And the Tribute Day misunderstanding could have been solved long ago, if I had known that anybody can enter a NEWS article. Because then I would have written to explain that at the time I got the all clear on that.

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:17 am   Reply with quote         

not responded here the Procyon has though

Wiz

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:38 am   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:
blue_lurker wrote:
annajon wrote:

The thing is, BLue, when I think I can comment on a chop, I write a pm, never comment in the contest itself. Because I know I can be wrong, and then hurt somebody's feelings.

And the Tribute Day misunderstanding could have been solved long ago, if I had known that anybody can enter a NEWS article. Because then I would have written to explain that at the time I got the all clear on that.

"Blue's right, and you are wrong Anna, a cartoon is no way to remember anyone, especially people like Splodge. And I'm sure as hell not partaking in your crap idea!
No wonder Proc is out of whack with most choppers here, it's because he condones ideas like yours!" That's my 2 cents worth Evil or Very Mad

sonic3

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:52 am   Reply with quote         

Ok here is my penny worth Smile

With reference to Tribute day, if it was right or wrong doesn't matter as the thought was there and all for the right reasons.

As for PSC, Yeh its is going down hill lately which is one thing we all agree no.
But the only way it is ever going to improve is if we all put our opinions asside, bang our heads together and everyone (that means everyone) sits down and try to work out how it is going to improve here.
All this bitchin is not going to help one bit and will only increase the chances of PSC folding up completely Sad

So lets take all this energy and turn it into constructivity Smile

If not we might as well leave now Sad

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Dear Proc, - Reply to topic