Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - The Bad News - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

MikeDascola

Post Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:19 pm   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
OK, we are one day away from a major hurricane's arrival. I have my boat in the water in New Bern, and trying to take care of friend's house in Durham 2 hours away, so I am going to sign off now. I won't be back for a while as god knows what the internet/electrical grid/YerPalAl's situation is going to be for the next coupe of days.

So, wish us luck and say a little prayer, please.

I'll be back when I can.

Good luck! I'm right down the street from you in Raleigh.

NButler

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:35 pm   Reply with quote         

I hope you fared well, as for my part in NYC "Queens", My house lost the tree on the front lawn. Thank goodness no fatalities.

YerPalAl

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks, all, for your good wishes. Irene has come and gone and no problems down here in Morehead City save a lack of power. My boat came through with no damage save one snapped dock line, (how fortunate I listened to more experienced captains and used double lines for this) and a spilled jug of vinegar inside. Many were far less lucky. Things should be back to normal in a few days.

cafn8d

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:41 pm   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
Thanks, all, for your good wishes. Irene has come and gone and no problems down here in Morehead City save a lack of power. My boat came through with no damage save one snapped dock line, (how fortunate I listened to more experienced captains and used double lines for this) and a spilled jug of vinegar inside. Many were far less lucky. Things should be back to normal in a few days.

[like][+1][thumright]

TJ

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:24 am   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:

Damn good news! Good to have ya back. Very Happy

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:37 am   Reply with quote         

Good to hear!
I can sleep now Wink

Mel how are your son and granddaughter?
And all the others in that area?

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:37 pm   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:
Good to hear!
I can sleep now Wink

Mel how are your son and granddaughter?
And all the others in that area?

They're fine, thankyou
The only problem was water leaking through the windows and my son lost work as all businesses closed down but things are getting back to normal now Very Happy

I know moneys not everything but I do feel for all those especially the small businesses, but then I guess others up the coast had it worse with the damage caused to their properties etc but then again what is that compared to the lives lost or injured Crying or Very sad
I just so thankful that mine are ok

delia

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:06 pm   Reply with quote         

On Facebook, you can like WTEN, our local news station to see lots of photos.

We are dealing w. two major rivers flooding right now. They have closed nearly all bridges in the area. Latest is that a 40 foot long barge with a 30 foot high crane on top has broken loose of its moorings and may be crashing into bridges in the very near future.

=( Stupid Irene!

My house is fine (other than an inch of water in the basement) so we made out very luckily. Our roads and bridges are in a bad way, and many many homes are flooded out... people still evacuating to shelters due to flooding.

http://www.track4va.com
YerPalAl

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:23 pm   Reply with quote         

Its appalling how wrong the weather predictors can be. This was supposed to be a major wind event, a category 3 (it wasn't, it was a category 1 when it came ashore) and a relatively "dry" hurricane, (as opposed to others that caused major flooding) but most of the damage seems to have been water related.

Tesore

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Better safe than sorry.
To many losts already. Confused

YerPalAl

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:48 pm   Reply with quote         

No, the point is, each channel tries to outdo the others in sensationalism to keep viewers watching them. Of course, eventually it will be the old "The Boy Who Cries Wolf" situation and people will ignore a warning that they should be paying attention to.

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:32 pm   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
No, the point is, each channel tries to outdo the others in sensationalism to keep viewers watching them. Of course, eventually it will be the old "The Boy Who Cries Wolf" situation and people will ignore a warning that they should be paying attention to.

thats the worrying part Exclamation

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - The Bad News - Reply to topic