Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - SCAV HUNT STARTING TODAY!!! - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

YerPalAl

Post Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:11 am   Reply with quote         

SO, TODAY IS IT.

Greetings Mr. Phelps, your assignment, should you choose to accept it, will be to complete the twelve tasks shown below. You will have a period of two weeks to complete these assignments, the game period will come to an end 8:00 am, Monday, October 3. After that, we judges will gather our data, retire to Al's sailing yacht, then delay, goof off, procrastinate, waste time, prevaricate, put off, be dilatory, chill, dally, dawdle, defer, drag our feet, give you the run around, goldbrick, hang fire, hesitate, hold off, lag*, let slide, linger, loiter, pause, play for time, postpone, prolong, protract, retard, shilly-shally, stall, stay, suspend, tarry, temporize, wait and generally annoy the devil out of the rest of you until we can figure out who, exactly, has won this dopey contest.

As your team finishes your tasks, e-mail them to me @ reverierealm@gmail.com and I will post them. Once a task has been completed and send in, it is frozen, there will be no replacement files accepted so make sure your entry is finished otherwise tough noogies.

Have a good time folks . . . . . we sure will. Laughing Laughing Laughing

1. Chop an "early work" from an old master, one that is NOT celebrated by art critics

2. NASA has announced a manned probe has just returned from Alpha Centauri, and one of the astronauts brought back a pet. No pictures have been released yet, can you show it to us?

3. The appliances in your house are conspiring against you. Create a chop that shows this is true.

4. Think you are good? Pick a winning chop from the "Most Votes" gallery and do you own damned version of it. Provide details on who's chop it was and a link to the original you are copying. You MAY be asked to provide the original PS file so be prepared for that.

5. Create a group photo of what all of you will look like in your old age.

6. How will the world look in 100 years time. Take a picture of a large city and shows dramatic changes that may take place.

7. Shoot an advertisement or a television commercial for PSC. Write your own script, use your own voice and music. Place it on youtube.

8 Re-create a piece of artwork from PSC with common household / office items

9. Create a poster for PSC: The Movie.

10. Let's Go Disco!! Create a 70s Disco album cover with members of your team as the band.

11. Dangerous Olympic event. Make up a really dangerous Olympic event and chop it.

12. You've created a Time Machine and went back in time to see some of the worlds greatest historical events. Create 3 chops of your team members at 3 of the historical events you visited.

The official site for the game is here:
http://pscscavengerhunt.weebly.com/

I will have the official team pages done and up in a few days, once we start receiving submissions.

annajon

Post Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:11 am   Reply with quote         

so............................ we can start now, yes? You are absolutely sure about that??????

anfa

Post Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:42 pm   Reply with quote         

OK, I can stand it no more! I can't get in touch with Al but his post was supposed to look something like this below.(I try sometimes but I'm begining to wonder why I bother! Laughing)

SO, TODAY IS IT.

Greetings Mr. Phelps, your assignment, should you choose to accept it, will be to complete the twelve tasks shown below. You will have a period of two weeks to complete these assignments, the game period will come to an end 8:00 am, Monday, October 3. After that, we judges will gather our data, retire to Al's sailing yacht, then delay, goof off, procrastinate, waste time, prevaricate, put off, be dilatory, chill, dally, dawdle, defer, drag our feet, give you the run around, goldbrick, hang fire, hesitate, hold off, lag*, let slide, linger, loiter, pause, play for time, postpone, prolong, protract, retard, shilly-shally, stall, stay, suspend, tarry, temporize, wait and generally annoy the devil out of the rest of you until we can figure out who, exactly, has won this dopey contest.

As your team finishes your tasks, e-mail them to me @ reverierealm@gmail.com and I will post them. Once a task has been completed and send in, it is frozen, there will be no replacement files accepted so make sure your entry is finished otherwise tough noogies.

Have a good time folks . . . . . we sure will.

1. Chop an "early work" from an old master, one that is NOT celebrated by art critics

2. NASA has announced a manned probe has just returned from Alpha Centauri, and one of the astronauts brought back a pet. No pictures have been released yet, can you show it to us?

3. The appliances in your house are conspiring against you. Create a chop that shows this is true.

4. Think you are good? Pick a winning chop from the "Most Votes" gallery and do you own damned version of it. Provide details on who's chop it was and a link to the original you are copying. You MAY be asked to provide the original PS file so be prepared for that.

5. Create a group photo of what all of you will look like in your old age.

6. How will the world look in 100 years time. Take a picture of a large city and shows dramatic changes that may take place.

7. Shoot an advertisement or a television commercial for PSC. Write your own script, use your own voice and music. Place it on youtube.

8 Re-create a piece of artwork from PSC with common household / office items

9. Create a poster for PSC: The Movie.

10. Let's Go Disco!! Create a 70s Disco album cover with members of your team as the band.

11. Dangerous Olympic event. Make up a really dangerous Olympic event and chop it.

12. You've created a Time Machine and went back in time to see some of the worlds greatest historical events. Create 3 chops of your team members at 3 of the historical events you visited.

The official site for the game is here:
http://pscscavengerhunt.weebly.com/

I will have the official team pages done and up in a few days, once we start receiving submissions.

annajon

Post Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:52 pm   Reply with quote         

thanks Anfa

Trann

Post Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:36 pm   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:

Sooo... plans for 14, then? Cool

Oh, and are you still accepting teams? There doesn't appear to be a deadline for that and I expect no reason to have one...

izzy999

Post Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Not sure if this was previously posted or discussed but do same rules apply as far as height width and res? Any limitations or can we do whatever?

anfa

Post Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:16 pm   Reply with quote         

izzy999 wrote:
Not sure if this was previously posted or discussed but do same rules apply as far as height width and res? Any limitations or can we do whatever?

No limitations. Feel free to do whatever you like! Smile

arcaico

Post Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:28 pm   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:

feel free to use my portfolio....

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

anfa

Post Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:31 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
YerPalAl wrote:

Well, you got the bit about not being celebrated by art critics right! Laughing

annajon

Post Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:00 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
arcaico wrote:
YerPalAl wrote:

Well, you got the bit about not being celebrated by art critics right! Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Shocked

sorry Arc.

Tesore

Post Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:23 pm   Reply with quote         

Chop an “early work” from an old master, one that is NOT celebrated by art critics. Question: do you mean make a look-a-like or use that old master as a source and make something different of it?

YerPalAl

Post Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:34 pm   Reply with quote         

The idea is a "bad" Rembrandt or a "poor" Dali.

Tesore

Post Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks Wink

annajon

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:22 am   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
The idea is a "bad" Rembrandt or a "poor" Dali.

tisk tisk tisk - first of all, there are no bad Rembrandt's or poor Dali's - simply because all the paintings we know have been noticed and had their critiques.

Therefor... it will not be that easy to find something.

YerPalAl

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:39 am   Reply with quote         

If it were going to be easy then ANYBODY (even arcaico) could do it. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - SCAV HUNT STARTING TODAY!!! - Reply to topic