Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - This will change everything. - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Paul Von Stetina

Post Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:35 am   Reply with quote         

Lighting? Shadows? No problem! Shocked

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmzPWK6FVLo[/youtube]

Tesore

Post Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:31 am   Reply with quote         

A dream comes true Shocked

anfa

Post Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:41 am   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:
Lighting? Shadows? No problem! Shocked

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmzPWK6FVLo[/youtube]

We're doomed I tells ya!

YerPalAl

Post Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:23 am   Reply with quote         

Well, so much for skill and talent.

I feel like a horse who has seen his first model T.

Tesore

Post Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:43 am   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:

Laughing

Post Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:32 am   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:

Laughing

Post Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:08 pm   Reply with quote         

amazing SHADOWS like it very much
and yes u r right this will change any thing

bigbuck

Post Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:14 pm   Reply with quote         

I wonder how long until Adobe pulls out the wallet and 'acquires' this young guy's work?

Paul Von Stetina

Post Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:06 pm   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:
I wonder how long until Adobe pulls out the wallet and 'acquires' this young guy's work?

I was wondering the same thing, and Al, that's a great analogy Laughing

Designed2522

Post Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Its Fraud!!!! FAKE!!!!

YerPalAl

Post Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Designed2522 wrote:
Its Fraud!!!! FAKE!!!!

Well, I hope you are right, otherwise a lot of us are going to lose our livelihood.

Paul Von Stetina

Post Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:01 pm   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
Designed2522 wrote:
Its Fraud!!!! FAKE!!!!

Well, I hope you are right, otherwise a lot of us are going to lose our livelihood.

That's not true, think of how this will effect art, it's like having another tool in your arsenal, I've been waiting/expecting something like this for years, or at least for PS to add something like it, this will make us better at what we do. Wink It will only cost you $5000 Laughing

YerPalAl

Post Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:20 pm   Reply with quote         

I disagree, Paul. We have value because we can do things with PS the normal people can't. If this is as easy to use as the guy says, people will just expect their administrative assistant to drop an item into this picture in between answering the telephone.

Think I'm kidding?

I saved this job posting because I could not believe it, check the date and then look at what they expected this person to do:

Administrative Assistant/ Graphic Designer
Reply to: position@xxxxx.com
Date: 2007-11-08, 4:10PM EST

We need a savvy administrative assistant/ graphic designer that can bring new life to the Xxxxx Law Firm’s messaging. Jump ahead to one year from now: you will have redesigned the Xxxxx Law Firm’s business cards, pitched fresh new ideas for our marketing campaigns, assisted in the composition of compelling copy for the materials you create, designed quality marketing materials that resonate with our target audience, and gained a multitude of invaluable experience in the field.

In addition to being our graphic design expert, you will gain insight into the inner workings of running a successful business by assisting the CEO. When not impressing us with your edgy marketing ideas, you will schedule meetings, coordinate team meeting agendas, make calls on behalf of our CEO, and assist in the preparation of reports and graphs for our sales and marketing meetings.

Our CEO is a technology enthusiast. As such, we maintain several blogs, regularly record podcasts for distribution, and even occasionally shoot video for client stories and in-house use. We’d find it extremely helpful if you also have experience in creative audio and video editing.

We’re very focused on maintaining a teamwork-driven environment and our firm proudly bases its mission on five core values:

• We exercise initiative and take responsibility for our whole organization.
• We employ a positive, big-picture, long-term perspective.
• We foster strong, supportive, trusting relationships with one another, our families, our clients, and our clients’ families.
• We innovate.
• We invest in personal and professional growth for ourselves and our clients.

Requirements:
• 4 year college degree
• Previous graphic design experience
• Previous experience in design of marketing materials
• Pleasant phone manner
• Word, Advanced Excel skills
• Quickbooks experience helpful
• Ability to multi-task and remain focused despite frequent interruptions by a variety of sources
• Excellent time-management skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills

The position will be full-time, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., additional hours as needed. We offer an excellent benefits package in addition to some paid holidays and paid vacation.

If this position and our firm are of interest to you, please send an original cover letter highlighting your strengths, salary requirements, resume, and portfolio samples to positions@xxxxx.com. For more information on Xxxxx Law Firm, please visit us on the web at www.xxxxx.com.

We’re keen on folks who can follow directions; if you don’t submit everything requested above, we will be unable to consider you for the position.

No phone calls please. 

Paul Von Stetina

Post Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:43 pm   Reply with quote         

I know what you are saying, and true, we have to adapt to an ever changing world that makes all things easier, soon the automatic flying car will put airline pilots out of work, the main thing is to stay ahead of it, one day you can tell your grandkids, that we used to... shoot... I forgot what I was talking about... did I have my warm milk yet?

Post Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:06 am   Reply with quote         

The more thing change...
Shadows and lighting...that is not all it takes to make good chop. Maybe there will be some "talent and idea plug in" too.
Usually the small mistakes in work (if they are not obvious) gives that work special appearance that is unique in some way.
I prefer handmade work. Maybe is not perfect but it have soul. I don't like photography on the wall, but nice painting instead.
(I am so conservative and I hate changes Cool )
Just a matter of opinion.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - This will change everything. - Reply to topic