Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - hello and random Reinman thoughts... - Reply to topic

is it cold where you are?

A. Reinman makes me hot.... but the liquor helps!

9%

9%

[ 1 ]

B. I'm wearing a Snuggie

45%

45%

[ 5 ]

C. Reinman who?

45%

45%

[ 5 ]

Total Votes: 11

WhimSea

Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:50 am   Reply with quote         

hello! just stopped by for some randomness (is that a word)

random thought #1
my sister, who has asked me for years "how do I attach a photo to an email?", wants to know some good software to - get this - edit photos and movies.

I told her, first you need skill and know-how (considering she still can't attach photos to email, this is a needed thing for whatever she decides on figuring out how to do!)
Second, I tell her, you'll need a lot of time, patience and an extra external hard drive with lots of room especially for the video.

I tell her what I use (on Mac) but they are on PC Argh so what do you say? what is a super easy photo editing for dummies software she could try? and I don't know what to tell her for movie software. I think that is just beyond her skill level unless she goes for a new mac.

any ideas?

random thought #2
who has a kitty? want a $5 coupon for cat litter. I got this and when you use the coupon they donate to multiple myeloma research... sounds good.
http://www.themmrf.org/donate-now-take-action/ways-to-donate/precious-cat.html

random thought #3
so my firefox crashed at work and tried to update but it's saying something about SQLite. what is that. why do I need it? I downloaded Opera, works, not perfectly but I noticed that the bing home page doesn't have the little info boxes like it did from Firefox... is that an Opera thing or a SQLite thing?

random thought #4
Reinman.... I wanted to have someone listen to your awesome Anfa Pants song and the link didn't work anymore. How can I listen to your awesomeness?

random thought #5
I'm stuck on #4. Reinman is awesome... don't you all agree! I wish PSC had sound!

WhimSea

Post Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:50 pm   Reply with quote         

thanks so much for your ideas regarding easy to use photo/movie software...

(sarcasm!) Wink

i use photoshop and imovie on a mac... what other software is out there mainly for beginner skill on a PC??

anyone
anyone
bueller
bueller

YerPalAl

Post Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:46 pm   Reply with quote         

If I knew I would share with you, but I guess the best bet is Picassa, you can do some basic stuff with it.

Patre

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:32 am   Reply with quote         

Hi WhimSea,
Most PC's come with an already installed and free program called Moviemaker. From my point of view, it is a video movie editor that is fairly easy to use and which will accomplish most basic video editing tasks (i.e splitting scenes,special effects etc).

For more sophisticated work, I use Serif MoviePlus X5 and Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 11. These programs are not free,but relatively cheap. ($60-$100)

If your friend was interested in previewing the Serif or Vegas movie editors, free trial versions can be downloaded from these sites:

http://www.serif.com/FreeDownloads/

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/trials/moviestudiope

Information on windows Moviemaker can be found here:
http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials-movie-maker-get-started

All the best,
Patre

ReinMan

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:48 pm   Reply with quote         

WhimSea wrote:

random thought #4
Reinman.... I wanted to have someone listen to your awesome Anfa Pants song and the link didn't work anymore. How can I listen to your awesomeness?

CLICK HERE FOR YOUR PANTS!!

reindeer

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - hello and random Reinman thoughts... - Reply to topic