Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - Is this AnimatedGif.com or Photoshopcontest.com - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Heinlein

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:52 am   Reply with quote         

I hope nobody takes this the wrong way, but lately there has been so many Gifs being entered.

I do like a good Animated Gif now and then, but I was under the impression that this was a Photoshop contest site.

For example, I will bet you that you will see at least 4 or 5 gifs for tomorrow's contest. (The clapping Monkey.)

I understand that creating gifs takes time and takes talent, but personally I would like to see more Photoshop skills when manipulating the source image.

How do other feel about this?

Thanks,
Jim

taker

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:14 am   Reply with quote         

i think you are right but i don't put a GIF any way but there are people like roger and meta version do like to make gif cuz that's their's style and THEY REALLY MAKE AMAZING THINGS I HOPE I CAN LEARN IT IN SOME DAY
AFTER ALL they make it with Photoshop and It's Photoshop contest right .

So it Photoshop after all

Napalm32

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:54 am   Reply with quote         

SO.......IN THIS ONE, THE SOURCE WAS STRONGLY MANIPULATED:
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/150496/too-fast-for-me-gif.html

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:57 am   Reply with quote         

Napalm32 wrote:
SO.......IN THIS ONE, THE SOURCE WAS STRONGLY MANIPULATED:
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/150496/too-fast-for-me-gif.html

Damn allot of GIF

ReyRey

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:24 pm   Reply with quote         

I don't gif a shit.

roger1

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Heinlein wrote:
I would like to see more Photoshop skills when manipulating the source image.

... Please

ReyRey

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:47 pm   Reply with quote         

I like animated gifs:

jaw2785

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Heinlein wrote:
I hope nobody takes this the wrong way, but lately there has been so many Gifs being entered.

I do like a good Animated Gif now and then, but I was under the impression that this was a Photoshop contest site.

For example, I will bet you that you will see at least 4 or 5 gifs for tomorrow's contest. (The clapping Monkey.)

I understand that creating gifs takes time and takes talent, but personally I would like to see more Photoshop skills when manipulating the source image.

Thanks,
Jim

A GIF is simply a series of photoshoped images. A good one is fun to watch. A crappy one... well not so fun. Although I won with a GIF this week doesn't mean I'll be going GIF crazy thinking, "well just do a GIF and it's in the bag." Because it's not. An image has to lend itself to even being animated in the first place. Without the perfect external(which took me about three hours to find) it never would have seen the light of day.
And I do believe that most voters would prefer to vote for a really awesome still chop. I would. So don't worry. GIFs may win once in a while, but the quality basic chop is here to stay and will reign supreme for the foreseeable future.

Heinlein

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:08 pm   Reply with quote         

roger1 wrote:
Heinlein wrote:

... Please

I was afraid of this. You do have Photoshop Skills. Please do not think other wise.

Maybe I should have never started this post. Maybe it is because I am no good in creating Gifs. Confused

anfa

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Heinlein wrote:
Is this AnimatedGif.com or Photoshopcontest.com

Don't be silly. It's ComplainContest.com. Wink

roger1

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
I was afraid of this. You do have Photoshop Skills. Please do not think other wise.

Maybe I should have never started this post. Maybe it is because I am no good in creating Gifs. Confused

No offense taken at all, Heinlein Smile Your have the right to voice your opinion and I totally respect it. I suspect that your viewpoint is shared by many on this site. (In fact, I felt the same way before I learned to animate in photoshop Embarassed - lol!).

If there is any way I can help you out in understanding how to make GIF's or to give you any tips or tricks, please feel free to send me a message and I'll do my best to help.

Meta Version

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Heinlein wrote:

Thanks,
Jim

Heinlein, you have the right to type whatever you wish. I have no probs with that. Really. Don't worry Smile

Just for the record - I enjoy creating GIFs simply because I adore moving images. And don't do so with regards to any wins, prizes, etc. Whatever I submit to PSC is a representation of what I love doing or what I'm into. Any votes or comments on top of that are a bonus. Really. And I appreciate them/that... greatly.

If anyone would like me to stop uploading GIFS, then please just say. I may cut down. A little bit. But not too much.

Laughing

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Heinlein wrote:
roger1 wrote:
Heinlein wrote:

... Please

not alone dude . me 2 . i'am suck in GIF .

Meta Version

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:05 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
I like animated gifs:

Like I said... I adore moving images Laughing Laughing Laughing

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:09 am   Reply with quote         

oh, lookie here, I found a "1980 Tour Rod Stewart Backstage Pass" key ring WITH a key attached. Shocked

any takers?

oh, and I agree with Rey, I don't gif a shit too. Laughing

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - Is this AnimatedGif.com or Photoshopcontest.com - Reply to topic