Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

 


Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Tutorials - How to make smooth "Massage" stones - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

ReyRey

Location: In a world of $#!t

Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:09 pm   Reply with quote         


Start by making a round selection on a new layer.

Then with the background and foreground colors being black and white, choose filter/Render/Clouds

Next: Filter/Render/Difference clouds.

Then invert it. Image/adjust/invert.

Do a little levels adjustment

Next, image/ distort/ spherize 100%

Now warp transform.

Adjust like so

With a soft brush brush on a white hilight.

Airbrush a shadow on the bottom of the rock with black and a large soft airbrush and on the top, airbrush reflective light with white and a soft airbrush.

Next apply a nice color gradient like this. Image/ adjust/ gradient map

Create a drop shadow.
YOU CAN ALSO WARP THE SHAPE AGAIN IF YOU WANT.





_________________
I try to think, but nothing happens.
Splodge..you rock!! Wherever you are.
I keep checking the obituaries to see if my name is there. If it's not, then I figure I'm ok.

Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:13 pm   Reply with quote         


very cool and easy thanks for share . Cool




roger1

Location: Seattle, WA (US)

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:33 am   Reply with quote         


cyclops Awesome!! cyclops




Tesore

Location: On the way to Utopia!

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:00 am   Reply with quote         


Cool! Thanks Rey. >>> Tutorial section!!!




anfa

Location: Geordieland, UK

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:43 am   Reply with quote         


Massage stones? Is that a fancy name for pebbles? Wink




_________________

Tesore

Location: On the way to Utopia!

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:04 am   Reply with quote         


anfa wrote:
Massage stones? Is that a fancy name for pebbles? Wink




Laughing




the burning couch

Location: I don't know, but it sure is dark in here

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:15 am   Reply with quote         


I'm try'n it.


*!*




_________________
Half of writing history is hiding the truth.~ Mal
Watch them Drift

Location: Connecticut

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:25 am   Reply with quote         


the burning couch wrote:
I'm take'n it that you stroked the path for the highlight. I just cant figure the settings, to get your result. I dont use the pen tool much, so.....

*!*

-First choose a brush size you want to stroke path with by select the brush tool and adjusting the size and shape. (The settings carry over).

-Change the Pen tools setting to "Path" in that setting area below File/Edit/Image/...etc.

-Draw the path

-Make sure your on a new layer (this causes the stroke path option to be unclickable if it isn't done)

-Right click the path you drew and there should be an option to "Stroke Path"

-Now your done.




_________________
Drifter.
ReyRey

Location: In a world of $#!t

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:33 am   Reply with quote         


Watch them Drift wrote:
the burning couch wrote:
I'm take'n it that you stroked the path for the highlight. I just cant figure the settings, to get your result. I dont use the pen tool much, so.....

*!*

-First choose a brush size you want to stroke path with by select the brush tool and adjusting the size and shape. (The settings carry over).

-Change the Pen tools setting to "Path" in that setting area below File/Edit/Image/...etc.

-Draw the path

-Make sure your on a new layer (this causes the stroke path option to be unclickable if it isn't done)

-Right click the path you drew and there should be an option to "Stroke Path"

-Now your done.

Thanks WTD. I got lazy. Didn't feel like explaining everything. Laughing




_________________
I try to think, but nothing happens.
Splodge..you rock!! Wherever you are.
I keep checking the obituaries to see if my name is there. If it's not, then I figure I'm ok.
ReyRey

Location: In a world of $#!t

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:35 am   Reply with quote         


The last image is something I was actually working on for a friend. She has a massage business and I came up with this idea and instead of downloading pictures of the stones I decided to create some. After I did, I figured I'd share. Very Happy




_________________
I try to think, but nothing happens.
Splodge..you rock!! Wherever you are.
I keep checking the obituaries to see if my name is there. If it's not, then I figure I'm ok.
the burning couch

Location: I don't know, but it sure is dark in here

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:37 am   Reply with quote         


Thanks
Yeah, I know how to do all that.....I just cant seem to get the fade at both ends of the brush when I stroke the path.

*!*


Watch them Drift wrote:
the burning couch wrote:
I'm take'n it that you stroked the path for the highlight. I just cant figure the settings, to get your result. I dont use the pen tool much, so.....

*!*

-First choose a brush size you want to stroke path with by select the brush tool and adjusting the size and shape. (The settings carry over).

-Change the Pen tools setting to "Path" in that setting area below File/Edit/Image/...etc.

-Draw the path

-Make sure your on a new layer (this causes the stroke path option to be unclickable if it isn't done)

-Right click the path you drew and there should be an option to "Stroke Path"

-Now your done.




_________________
Half of writing history is hiding the truth.~ Mal
Watch them Drift

Location: Connecticut

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:50 am   Reply with quote         


the burning couch wrote:
Thanks
Yeah, I know how to do all that.....I just cant seem to get the fade at both ends of the brush when I stroke the path.

*!*


Watch them Drift wrote:
the burning couch wrote:
I'm take'n it that you stroked the path for the highlight. I just cant figure the settings, to get your result. I dont use the pen tool much, so.....

*!*

-First choose a brush size you want to stroke path with by select the brush tool and adjusting the size and shape. (The settings carry over).

-Change the Pen tools setting to "Path" in that setting area below File/Edit/Image/...etc.

-Draw the path

-Make sure your on a new layer (this causes the stroke path option to be unclickable if it isn't done)

-Right click the path you drew and there should be an option to "Stroke Path"

-Now your done.


That's the "Simulate Pressure" Option available in the stroke path box that pops up...(or just erase the ends with a blurry brush.)




_________________
Drifter.
the burning couch

Location: I don't know, but it sure is dark in here

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:55 am   Reply with quote         


Watch them Drift wrote:
the burning couch wrote:
Thanks
Yeah, I know how to do all that.....I just cant seem to get the fade at both ends of the brush when I stroke the path.

*!*


Watch them Drift wrote:
the burning couch wrote:
I'm take'n it that you stroked the path for the highlight. I just cant figure the settings, to get your result. I dont use the pen tool much, so.....

*!*

-First choose a brush size you want to stroke path with by select the brush tool and adjusting the size and shape. (The settings carry over).

-Change the Pen tools setting to "Path" in that setting area below File/Edit/Image/...etc.

-Draw the path

-Make sure your on a new layer (this causes the stroke path option to be unclickable if it isn't done)

-Right click the path you drew and there should be an option to "Stroke Path"

-Now your done.


That's the "Simulate Pressure" Option available in the stroke path box that pops up...(or just erase the ends with a blurry brush.)


With simulate pressure you still only get fade at one end (at least I am). I could do it manually ( like I always do) but just thought I was missing something for the path method.

*!*




_________________
Half of writing history is hiding the truth.~ Mal
the burning couch

Location: I don't know, but it sure is dark in here

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:06 am   Reply with quote         


How do I get the stroke path to do it


*!*




_________________
Half of writing history is hiding the truth.~ Mal
vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:15 pm   Reply with quote         


the burning couch wrote:
How do I get the stroke path to do it


*!*
You get this brush shape preview with a pen tablet. In Rey's screenshot it appears he has Transfer Opacity and/or Flow set to be controlled by Pen Pressure

Even without a tablet you can get a similar result





Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Tutorials - How to make smooth "Massage" stones - Reply to topic

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Navigate PSC
Contests open  completed  winners  prizes  events  rules  rss 
Galleries votes  authentic  skillful  funny  creative  theme  winners 
Interact register  log in/out  forum  chat  user lookup  contact 
Stats monthly leaders  hall of fame  record holders 
PSC advantage  news (rss)  faq  about  links  contact  home 
Help faq  search  new users  tutorials  contact  password 

Adobe, the Adobe logo, Adobe Photoshop, Creative Suite and Illustrator are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Text and images copyright 2000-2006 Photoshop Contest. All rights reserved.