Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Mossy Sea Rocks Contest - TIE ???! - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post Tue May 29, 2012 8:09 am   Reply with quote         

Hey , I'm new to PSC community and my recent contest finished with equal votes for first place , but I'm placed in second place...Why that?

TheShaman

Post Tue May 29, 2012 8:14 am   Reply with quote         

Ties go to the one who first submitted.

Post Tue May 29, 2012 8:16 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
Ties go to the one who first submitted.

AND didn't update during the contest! (If you update an entry it goes to the back of the line!)

Post Tue May 29, 2012 8:22 am   Reply with quote         

Ok, thanks for the info. I think it's a bit silly cuz we both submitted before contest opening and I think it's irrelevant who submited it first. Anyway , I'll keep that in mind for future contests....

TheShaman

Post Tue May 29, 2012 9:18 am   Reply with quote         

It is relevant who submitted first. That is the tie breaker. (*as long as you don't update)

Yes.. you both submitted before the contest opened. Welcome to advantage. You get 30 days to chop an entry. You can pick one from 30 days out, and chop it that day and be first in line...

They chopped their entry and submitted hours or days ahead of yours. It was good enough to win BUT they used less time. Therefore the tie breaker goes to the one who chops faster and better.

Post Tue May 29, 2012 9:42 am   Reply with quote         

I understand that part but I don't agree with it... I don't stay every day in PSC and watching the source images for the month ahead...

I just get one evening , see the image , after 3 hours I was done and submit it....

For me it's not normal to be the tie breaker cuz noone here spends a whole month thinking and making something for one contest and there is no way to understand how many hours someone put in chopping and thinking the idea.

The better image ranking is based on the votes and it's fair , the faster submitted part before contest opening is not.

That's my opinion.

annajon

Post Tue May 29, 2012 9:55 am   Reply with quote         

So.... if I am reading this right... you think that:

A person who drives to an airport to go on a trip - who takes 29 days to get to the airport and is standing at the gate to get on board should, when the door opens, make way for the person who only took a few hours to get to the airport and is also standing in line, but a few persons behind that 29 day person in line.

When you are first in line, you get to the gate first too. When you happen to be first in line and WIN, you happen to be number ONE on the win, and not make way to somebody who came later in line.

If you can understand that, you can understand how the tie situations works too. Weather you like it or not makes no difference.

TheShaman

Post Tue May 29, 2012 10:05 am   Reply with quote         

ivojovchev wrote:
The better image ranking is based on the votes and it's fair , the faster submitted part before contest opening is not.

That's my opinion.

I get what you're saying. But it goes back to the early days of PSC, where you chopped fast and furious. This rule goes for everyone, so it is fair. When votes are tied, the tie goes to the one who submitted first. This is the same rule in H2H. If you have two good entries, this breaks the tie so you don't have 2 first, second, third or last places...

Anyway... Just because you get there first, doesn't mean you're going to win. You still have to make a good entry. So again... its fair. Chopping fast doesn't always mean chopping good.

Quite frankly... I didn't vote for either of you. I liked the 3rd place entry best.
Thats just my opinion.

Post Tue May 29, 2012 10:10 am   Reply with quote         

Funny point of view.... to compare contest to line on a airport...

So if a two football teams have a match and they finish tie , you think the win should go to the team who arrived first at the stadium??....

Or maybe to be awarded to the team which spend more time to practice???

There are a lot of sports and contests where people/team get 2 first places cuz of tie...

Whether you get that or not , I wont stop saying my opinion!

Post Tue May 29, 2012 10:18 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:

Quite frankly... I didn't vote for either of you. I liked the 3rd place entry best.
Thats just my opinion.

It's your right to vote for which one you want...thats how it should be...

The tie breaker is the same for every one but I think it's not fair...That's all.

anfa

Post Tue May 29, 2012 10:26 am   Reply with quote         

ivojovchev wrote:
Funny point of view.... to compare contest to line on a airport...

So if a two football teams have a match and they finish tie , you think the win should go to the team who arrived first at the stadium??....

Or maybe to be awarded to the team which spend more time to practice???

There are a lot of sports and contests where people/team get 2 first places cuz of tie...

Whether you get that or not , I wont stop saying my opinion!

Now that's just being bloody stupid.

The rules have always been like this and I don't think they should change just because someone gets all pissy because they got beat. Get over it and move on.

Post Tue May 29, 2012 10:33 am   Reply with quote         

Obviously , no point....
ok, sorry for loosing your time...

seamusoisin

Post Tue May 29, 2012 10:47 am   Reply with quote         

Reading this a few things came to mind.

1) Moral: Chop early and chop fast!

2) If you are tied with somebody offer a suggestion that will improve their chop (The shadows are all wrong usually works) and probably if they do make the change won't get them anymore votes anyway, but and here's the important part, if they do update they go to the back of the line and you win. .

3) Insofar as the airport thing, I'm still trying to get this around in my head. How far is the airport from your house if it takes 29 days to get there? And your on vacation. You need 65 five days of holidays for one week away. Laughing Laughing

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
TJ

Post Tue May 29, 2012 10:55 am   Reply with quote         

seamusoisin wrote:

3) Insofar as the airport thing, I'm still trying to get this around in my head. How far is the airport from your house if it takes 29 days to get there? And your on vacation. You need 65 five days of holidays for one week away. Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

irgum

Post Tue May 29, 2012 11:10 am   Reply with quote         

anyway you have a 2nd place of 3 entries not bad stats
congrats

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Mossy Sea Rocks Contest - TIE ???! - Reply to topic