Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Please stop this Cringer8 - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Is this?

annoying

33%

33%

[ 12 ]

not annoying

66%

66%

[ 24 ]

Total Votes: 36

blue_lurker

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:28 pm   Reply with quote         

WOW
For real
Damn it Anfa if you cant remember what freakin chance do I have...huh...what...who...where the hell am I...and get the hell offa ma Lawn.
(God damn whipper shappers) Rolling Eyes

GuidedByPandas

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:33 pm   Reply with quote         

My biggest concern is for cringer8 - it's the law in Seattle to be nice. Seattle-ites are the nicest people in the US. Nice to a fault - it takes 45 minutes to get though a 4-way stop-sign intersection. At least they believe they are nice and they bank on that reputation. I fear he will be arrested. But he's probably not from Seattle - few are. So they will likely release him to probation and constructive positive criticism.

Look, as TheShaman says, 'Art is subjective.' cringer8 is offering his subjective opinion on art. I see nothing wrong with that even if the Seattle police see differently. I'm here for fun and escape, and when I have energy - to challenge my creativity. I haven't had much energy - lol. I'd prefer comments over votes. And constructive criticism is just fine - I might even have time one day to try the suggestions. Smile I can see how it would be very helpful to those wanting or needing to advance their craft.

Besides, as a founding member of the underground Seattle Nasty Alliance - yeah, I'm the one who honks his horn at slowpoke drivers - I've taken an oath not to squeal on you bro. Smile

cringer8

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:54 pm   Reply with quote         

GuidedByPandas wrote:
My biggest concern is for cringer8 - it's the law in Seattle to be nice. Seattle-ites are the nicest people in the US. Nice to a fault - it takes 45 minutes to get though a 4-way stop-sign intersection. At least they believe they are nice and they bank on that reputation. I fear he will be arrested. But he's probably not from Seattle - few are. So they will likely release him to probation and constructive positive criticism.

Look, as TheShaman says, 'Art is subjective.' cringer8 is offering his subjective opinion on art. I see nothing wrong with that even if the Seattle police see differently. I'm here for fun and escape, and when I have energy - to challenge my creativity. I haven't had much energy - lol. I'd prefer comments over votes. And constructive criticism is just fine - I might even have time one day to try the suggestions. Smile I can see how it would be very helpful to those wanting or needing to advance their craft.

Besides, as a founding member of the underground Seattle Nasty Alliance - yeah, I'm the one who honks his horn at slowpoke drivers - I've taken an oath not to squeal on you bro. Smile

Hahaha, yeah, Seattle drivers and their "politeness." It also takes 45 minutes for someone to merge lanes on the highway when you're giving them 3 car lengths with which to work Smile

And you're right, I'm not originally from here and I've been evading the Nice Police for some time Wink

Martrex

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Probably placed there by the witness protection plan from the last site he was involve in! Laughing Laughing Laughing

kinetic_be

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Cringer is doing what the better choppers should be doing, pointing out mistakes. Every wrong shadow, wrong hihlight, just anything. How do you think they got that good at Photoshop?
Personally, I would love a 'this entry wants ctitique' button, which the author can enable or disable.

Im sure some dont want critique, you can tell by their skills usually, they just don't get better or at such a slow rate that you only notice it after monts.

So, Cringer, keep on doing what you are doing and hopefully some other experts will follow your example

irgum

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
Irgum, I understand that people in general don't like to be criticised

I said I don't have any problem with critique
sometimes I updated 5 times my entry because critiques
just I don't like your style
I come here for fun and you kill my fun with your comments

nevermind looks like I'm alone with my opinion
so keep going
perhaps I don't come here

kittie

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:42 pm   Reply with quote         

I understand how annoyed you feel.
Sometimes I work for hours and hours on something, not just here, but in traditional artwork when I was in school, and someone would say something that completely made me feel like my work was worthless. Or they'd rip it apart with just teeny tiny little things.
It's not fun, you're right.
I'm happy about it now though, because now I take pride the "teeny tiny little things" that I see in my own work now. The tiniest details are what make a work great.

Also, the better you get, the more you can take this criticism with a grain of salt. Just because someone has a sour opinion about your work, doesn't mean that it's the "only right way" to do something. As "Art is Subjective", you are totally free to ignore their idea and do what you want.

For example, Cringer mentioned for my gumball entry that it was incorrect that the gumballs should be empty near the front. He was totally 100% right, but because the source was tilted I took an "artistic liberty" and made the gumballs tilt toward the back.

Don't leave man. You are free to ignore the comments if you don't agree or feel it's important. If you love doing your work, just do it.
Hug

anabe

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:00 pm   Reply with quote         

irgum wrote:
Quote:
Irgum, I understand that people in general don't like to be criticised

I said I don't have any problem with critique
sometimes I updated 5 times my entry because critiques
just I don't like your style
I come here for fun and you kill my fun with your comments

nevermind looks like I'm alone with my opinion
so keep going
perhaps I don't come here

You're not alone in your opinion. The tone matters. Stating a personal preference for a certain style of art, which is a totally subjective perception, is not a valid critique.IMO. Cringer seems to notice the tiniest flaws in some pieces, while overlooking glaring mistakes in others.Biased? Maybe.
Do your chops the way you like them and are satisfied with, and keep the fun in your heart.
Hope to see more from you!

shane.e.randall

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Give poor Cringer a break, I hear He Man has been riding him really hard lately.

Werdnaibor

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:46 pm   Reply with quote         

shane.e.randall wrote:

Give poor Cringer a break, I hear He Man has been riding him really hard lately.

Excellent image. You can really see the pain in his face.

Werdnaibor

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:55 pm   Reply with quote         

anabe wrote:

You're not alone in your opinion. The tone matters. Stating a personal preference for a certain style of art, which is a totally subjective perception, is not a valid critique.IMO. Cringer seems to notice the tiniest flaws in some pieces, while overlooking glaring mistakes in others.Biased? Maybe.
Do your chops the way you like them and are satisfied with, and keep the fun in your heart.

Of course some of it will be subjective. This all started with the intention of letting people know why he isn't voting on their entries. Speaking of bias, what reason do you have to not vote on his raccoon entry?

shane.e.randall

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:14 pm   Reply with quote         

anabe

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Werdnaibor wrote:
anabe wrote:

Of course some of it will be subjective. This all started with the intention of letting people know why he isn't voting on their entries. Speaking of bias, what reason do you have to not vote on his raccoon entry?

Easy. There's no face.

Werdnaibor

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:02 pm   Reply with quote         

anabe wrote:

Easy. There's no face.

You've lost me with that reason.

anabe

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Werdnaibor wrote:
anabe wrote:

Easy. There's no face.

You've lost me with that reason.

How? you don't think it's a valid reason that there's no discernible face?
OK. Confused

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Please stop this Cringer8 - Reply to topic