Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - How to increase participation - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

TheShaman

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Zoeon wrote:
blue_lurker wrote:
See now this thread is getting interesting...all hail llama's...even better...all hail midget llama's

what about my ideas??????????

your ideas have nothing to do with either llamas or midgets.

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Zoeon wrote:
maybe this is an idea?
no more anonymus comps
no more speed comps
no more 50 dollar comp
10 votes a person, better would be that you can give 5,4,3,2,1, star voting

everyday 10 dollar for the winner. Very Happy non advantage members would invest easier 9 bucks to participate i think.

I'll bite. I think it's great we chat about these things, no matter how many dead horses have to be beaten.

Anon comps- This weeds out the butthurt people who complain about people getting "friend votes".

Speed comps- Satisfies the people who are butthurt about thinking they lose only because they don't buy advantage. (It sucks when you can't afford it, I know that position. You CAN win without it though!)

50 dollar comps- In my trivial personal opinion, I think people may do other artistic things with their time because it serves a greater purpose, or is more profitable. By including some of these paid comps, I think we hold on to a few more members by giving them a way to see the site as profitable.

10 votes- TOTALLY AGREE.
I'm not sure how the star voting would work out, but it's an interesting concept. It could be a way to anonymously state your opinion of a poor chop without saying "dude your chop is shit" and still give you the option to comment if you wish.

TheShaman

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:29 pm   Reply with quote         

They used to have a rating system for a time...

Then certain people were going out of their way to give poor ratings to good artists just out of spite.

Rolling Eyes

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:31 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:

Then certain people were going out of their way to give poor ratings to good artists just out of spite.

Rolling Eyes

Shut up, I'm giving you 1 star for that.

TheShaman

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:43 pm   Reply with quote         

kittie wrote:
TheShaman wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Shut up, I'm giving you 1 star for that.

as long as its a pink fluffy one...

I'm ok with that

Yes that is one of my t-shirt designs btw
http://www.cafepress.com/sk/theshaman

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:49 pm   Reply with quote         

kittie wrote:
Zoeon wrote:
maybe this is an idea?
no more anonymus comps
no more speed comps
no more 50 dollar comp

everyday 10 dollar for the winner. Very Happy non advantage members would invest easier 9 bucks to participate i think.

I'll bite. I think it's great we chat about these things, no matter how many dead horses have to be beaten.

Anon comps- This weeds out the butthurt people who complain about people getting "friend votes".

Speed comps- Satisfies the people who are butthurt about thinking they lose only because they don't buy advantage. (It sucks when you can't afford it, I know that position. You CAN win without it though!)

50 dollar comps- In my trivial personal opinion, I think people may do other artistic things with their time because it serves a greater purpose, or is more profitable. By including some of these paid comps, I think we hold on to a few more members by giving them a way to see the site as profitable.

10 votes- TOTALLY AGREE.
I'm not sure how the star voting would work out, but it's an interesting concept. It could be a way to anonymously state your opinion of a poor chop without saying "dude your chop is shit" and still give you the option to comment if you wish.

i am happy such a pretty woman responce positive on my ideas Very Happy

anfa

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:53 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:

Are you calling Football/Soccer gay?

TheShaman

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:12 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
TheShaman wrote:

Hardly...

Tony, I don't know if you know... but I coach Youth Soccer.
Both a boys 6-8 yr old team and a girls 9-11 yr old team.

AND I played about 10 years myself.

Pink Fluffy Star was something that the British Soccer Coaches (Challenger) brought over as a coaching method during Soccer summer camp.

My daughter loved it so much she asked me to make the saying into a t-shirt for her.

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Shut up, I'm giving you 1 star for that.[/quote]

speedcomp 5 (minutes Smile

kittie

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Zoeon wrote:
kittie wrote:
Zoeon wrote:
maybe this is an idea?
no more anonymus comps
no more speed comps
no more 50 dollar comp

10 votes- TOTALLY AGREE.

Laughing Men, hearing only what they want to hear.... Wink
I only agreed with one point, but thanks for the compliment...

Zoeon

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:22 pm   Reply with quote         

kittie wrote:
Zoeon wrote:
kittie wrote:
Zoeon wrote:
maybe this is an idea?
no more anonymus comps
no more speed comps
no more 50 dollar comp

10 votes- TOTALLY AGREE.

Laughing Men, hearing only what they want to hear.... Wink
I only agreed with one point, but thanks for the compliment...

the last part is always the best Very Happy

anfa

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:55 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
anfa wrote:
TheShaman wrote:

Hardly...

Tony, I don't know if you know... but I coach Youth Soccer.
Both a boys 6-8 yr old team and a girls 9-11 yr old team.

AND I played about 10 years myself.

Pink Fluffy Star was something that the British Soccer Coaches (Challenger) brought over as a coaching method during Soccer summer camp.

My daughter loved it so much she asked me to make the saying into a t-shirt for her.

Aahh! So it's a girls football thing.
I'll let you off this time mate. I didn't want to have to send in The Gremlins (Newcastle football hooligans) Laughing

P.S. I don't condone football hooliganism by the way (well maybe against Sunderland).

Zoeon

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:58 pm   Reply with quote         

P.S. I don't condone football hooliganism by the way (well maybe against Sunderland).[/quote] and south korea Very Happy

TheShaman

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:04 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:

Aahh! So it's a girls football thing.
I'll let you off this time mate. I didn't want to have to send in The Gremlins (Newcastle football hooligans) Laughing

P.S. I don't condone football hooliganism by the way (well maybe against Sunderland).

yep totally a girl football design
http://www.cafepress.com/mf/58772884/pink-fluffy-star_tshirt

During camp, every time they said 'thats mine' (as in their ball)
or if they didn't run fast enough or anything else the coach decided...
they had to chant "i'm a pink fluffy star" while doing jumping jacks.

It got to the point where the girls were trying to get the coaches to say 'mine' by asking
what did the seagulls in Nemo keep saying?
or those things in the ground, where you step on them and they blow up... what were those called again?
Laughing it was cool.

I actually use that on the boys. I tell them the first practice... there is no 'mine' on our team. When you bring a ball to practice, its the team ball, when you leave... you get it back. If anyone says thats my ball, or thats mine! they have to do 5 pink fluffy stars. Keeps em from fighting, and they learn how to share as a team. I don't hear it even once with the boys. Its great.

PS hooliganism can be condoned when its against certain teams Wink

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Guys, stay on-topic please, or Pothead will be back Twisted Evil

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - How to increase participation - Reply to topic