Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - How to increase participation - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

TheShaman

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Employed Droid wrote:
I personally have had to calm down a little on chopping, over past weeks. It's been due to my girlfriend implying that I'd started spending more time with Photoshop than with her.

Laughing

I hear that one all the time too!

Just the other day your girlfriend said... geez! you spend just as much time photoshopping as ED does!
Poor girl. Laughing Twisted Evil

(really though, my wife tells me I spend too much time with my other love PS)

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:18 pm   Reply with quote         

PotHed wrote:
You're a joke. Maybe if you actually took the time to respond to something I say instead of dismissing it out of hand, I could take you more seriously.

I'm a joke?
hmmm... as a matter of fact, you are right (for once)

Laughing

Employed Droid

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:18 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:

I hear that one all the time too!

Just the other day your girlfriend said... geez! you spend just as much time photoshopping as ED does!
Poor girl. Laughing Twisted Evil

Shocked ......... Laughing

PotHed

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:19 pm   Reply with quote         

kittie wrote:
I'm pretty sure mods don't get paid. I could be wrong.
As for the owners of the site? Expertrating

Have fun.

The issue isn't about who's getting paid. The issue is that the images for the contests used to be stock images, which sometimes you have to pay for. They are high-quality and diverse. It seems PSC has used user-voted images as a way to cut costs while still charging users for Advantage.

PotHed

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:22 pm   Reply with quote         

kinetic_be wrote:
PotHed wrote:
You're a joke. Maybe if you actually took the time to respond to something I say instead of dismissing it out of hand, I could take you more seriously.

I'm a joke?
hmmm... as a matter of fact, you are right (for once)

Laughing

Clearly, you've spent too much time in Photoshop and not enough time in the real world. If you think I've been wrong, tell me why. If you're too stupid to think of a reason why, then shut you mouth.

You're a great chopper, but a brat if I've ever met one.

Employed Droid

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:24 pm   Reply with quote         

PotHed wrote:

The admins should be doing their jobs and using the Advantage money to buy stock photography.

I think a combination of submitted images and purchased stock images could possibly work well and therefore give a visual range to daily/weekly contests.

shane.e.randall

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
How to increase participation

I say introduce Gambling and Prostitution to the site.... It did wonders for Nevada? Smile anyone?

Werdnaibor

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:26 pm   Reply with quote         

shane.e.randall wrote:
Quote:

I say introduce Gambling and Prostitution to the site.... It did wonders for Nevada? Smile anyone?

Yes! Shane has the answer!

PotHed

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:27 pm   Reply with quote         

shane.e.randall wrote:
Quote:

*looking for the like button*

kittie

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Werdnaibor wrote:

What?!!! I thought I had the answer!! Evil or Very Mad Oh wait, prostitutes and gambling? What about lifting the restriction on booze? I concede.

PotHed

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Employed Droid wrote:
PotHed wrote:

The admins should be doing their jobs and using the Advantage money to buy stock photography.

I think a combination of submitted images and purchased stock images could possibly work well and therefore give a visual range to daily/weekly contests.

Including submitted images would be fine, but they simply can't be voted in. That's where the problem arises.

kittie

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:31 pm   Reply with quote         

PotHed wrote:

Including submitted images would be fine, but they simply can't be voted in. That's where the problem arises.

So, instead of what a group of people like, we have the sources that just one person deems appropriate? What happens when we don't like his or her taste in sources?

Werdnaibor

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:31 pm   Reply with quote         

kittie wrote:
Werdnaibor wrote:

What?!!! I thought I had the answer!! Evil or Very Mad Oh wait, prostitutes and gambling? What about lifting the restriction on booze? I concede.

Both answers work together in perfect harmony. Google image search used for finding old cars, flowers, valves, and statues, and then we all gamble sexual services to guess which image will randomly be selected.

Werdnaibor

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:33 pm   Reply with quote         

kittie wrote:
PotHed wrote:

So, instead of what a group of people like, we have the sources that just one person deems appropriate? What happens when we don't like his or her taste in sources?

I dealt with that a bit at a weekly contest at a video game site. Terrible system. The one guy picks the winners too.

Employed Droid

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:34 pm   Reply with quote         

PotHed wrote:

Either way... some high concept stock imagery would be most appreciated. Especially for Tuesday/Thursday comps.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - How to increase participation - Reply to topic