Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

 


Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Voting Idea - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

TheShaman

Location: Peaksville, Southeast of Disorder

Post Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:03 pm   Reply with quote         


Werdnaibor wrote:
The-Masked-Layer wrote:
TheShaman wrote:
The-Masked-Layer wrote:
kittie wrote:
Yes? I'm calling about the super fun friends? Do you have any specials?


With your membership you receive a Super Fun Friends Hug Mug.


that one comes with a curse...

or you can try our happy super fun friends meal


But the happy super fun friends meal contains Potassium Benzoate.

...that's bad.


The-Masked-Layer wrote:

Order up!


Shocked

can I go now?

Laughing




_________________
T-shirt Designs: http://www.cafepress.com/TheShaman
Help fight breast cancer by becoming an enabler: http://www.cafepress.com/Pinkaholics
Sh!Za

Location: Right here

Post Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:50 pm   Reply with quote         


cringer8 wrote:
People are saying "if winning is important, then just leave." How retarded. Maybe we should change the site name to PhotoshopHangout.com and get rid of voting altogether.

This is a COMPETITION site. Forgive me and others for being competitive here. Maybe the downfall of this site came about because the majority of people left here aren't taking it seriously.

Maybe those people are the ones who need to leave. Go chop your own shit and post it on Facebook for your friends. The nonchalant attitude around here is ruining contests. Some people are content to hang out with their small group of friends here and fart around. Those people don't realize that it isn't helping to grow the site. If the site isn't growing, it's dying and their precious hangout will be gone forever.

I agree, Sean, that the best image wins 9 out of 10 times. But the winner isn't the problem. It's new people coming, trying, and then leaving because their work is being ignored in favor of shittier work (both idea and execution), simply because we have too many people here throwing their "buddies" a bone in hopes of a return vote or God knows what. I've seen your voting patterns, and you are certainly not the problem here.

I also realize that the ownership is absent and nothing will change, but it doesn't hurt to talk about it and maybe come up with a better system. Who knows, the site might be sold tomorrow and the new owner might want to change things up. Wouldn't it be nice to have a well thought out and thoroughly discussed system ready to go?

And Anfa, your worries would only come true if you were the ONLY person with a high PScore to vote in the contest. Hardly anyone has a score of 100, so no vote would be worth even two votes. Just around 1.5. That won't kill your chances.

This site could be so much better if people stopped treating it like the Special Olympics and started getting serious. This whole nonsense of "winning isn't important" was clearly started by people who can't win. Those people would like to make you and me feel bad for wanting to win, but that's bullshit. It's loser talk and it needs to go, along with those people.

If we can't change the system, maybe we need to change our attitudes and take the voting more seriously.


Damn! thats the right attitude! "who want to interest, must provoke." -salvadore dali
...and so i dont think you can call this agressive or offensive!

the problem is, we've discussed this topic 132842times and nothing has changed. arc tried it, starman tried, shaman tried, I tried ...and so on! this site will never be a seriously competition site. the only seriously competition here is called: H2H! (anonymous vote-system --> no friendly votes, nice sources, great structured, constructive critizsm)

But wheres the problem?... people searching other contest-sites for real competitons and come back to this place for having fun and to upload just for fun some crapy entries (nobody cares).

Im also agree with that, what shaman said! (love the way you explain things!!!) this page is perfectly for photoshopbeginners.

I've learned so much here about this fuckin programm! use masks, shading, reflections, create textures.... but there is just one thing you cant learn, and thats the point: AMBITION Wink




_________________
When I walk across the water, then my critics say, he can't even swim!
kinetic_be

Location: Belgium

Post Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:17 pm   Reply with quote         


cringer8 wrote:
People are saying "if winning is important, then just leave." How retarded. Maybe we should change the site name to PhotoshopHangout.com and get rid of voting altogether.

This is a COMPETITION site. Forgive me and others for being competitive here. Maybe the downfall of this site came about because the majority of people left here aren't taking it seriously.

Maybe those people are the ones who need to leave. Go chop your own shit and post it on Facebook for your friends. The nonchalant attitude around here is ruining contests. Some people are content to hang out with their small group of friends here and fart around. Those people don't realize that it isn't helping to grow the site. If the site isn't growing, it's dying and their precious hangout will be gone forever.

I agree, Sean, that the best image wins 9 out of 10 times. But the winner isn't the problem. It's new people coming, trying, and then leaving because their work is being ignored in favor of shittier work (both idea and execution), simply because we have too many people here throwing their "buddies" a bone in hopes of a return vote or God knows what. I've seen your voting patterns, and you are certainly not the problem here.

I also realize that the ownership is absent and nothing will change, but it doesn't hurt to talk about it and maybe come up with a better system. Who knows, the site might be sold tomorrow and the new owner might want to change things up. Wouldn't it be nice to have a well thought out and thoroughly discussed system ready to go?

And Anfa, your worries would only come true if you were the ONLY person with a high PScore to vote in the contest. Hardly anyone has a score of 100, so no vote would be worth even two votes. Just around 1.5. That won't kill your chances.

This site could be so much better if people stopped treating it like the Special Olympics and started getting serious. This whole nonsense of "winning isn't important" was clearly started by people who can't win. Those people would like to make you and me feel bad for wanting to win, but that's bullshit. It's loser talk and it needs to go, along with those people.

If we can't change the system, maybe we need to change our attitudes and take the voting more seriously.


Hallelujah!!




anfa

Location: Geordieland, UK

Post Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:50 pm   Reply with quote         


TheShaman wrote:

Maybe we as artists need to put in our authors notes:
Quote:
If you don't vote, please suck my balls.

Cheers brother! I will do! Wink




_________________

TheShaman

Location: Peaksville, Southeast of Disorder

Post Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:57 pm   Reply with quote         


anfa wrote:
TheShaman wrote:

Maybe we as artists need to put in our authors notes:
Quote:
If you don't vote, please suck my balls.

Cheers brother! I will do! Wink


Awesome! and I didn't even have to buy you dinner!
Laughing




_________________
T-shirt Designs: http://www.cafepress.com/TheShaman
Help fight breast cancer by becoming an enabler: http://www.cafepress.com/Pinkaholics
anfa

Location: Geordieland, UK

Post Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:03 pm   Reply with quote         


TheShaman wrote:
anfa wrote:
TheShaman wrote:

Maybe we as artists need to put in our authors notes:
Quote:
If you don't vote, please suck my balls.

Cheers brother! I will do! Wink


Awesome! and I didn't even have to buy you dinner!
Laughing

Hey! You know I meant I'd put your quote in my authors notes you git!
I DO NOT SUCK BALLS.... much. Laughing




_________________

TheShaman

Location: Peaksville, Southeast of Disorder

Post Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:44 pm   Reply with quote         


anfa wrote:
TheShaman wrote:
anfa wrote:
TheShaman wrote:

Maybe we as artists need to put in our authors notes:
Quote:
If you don't vote, please suck my balls.

Cheers brother! I will do! Wink


Awesome! and I didn't even have to buy you dinner!
Laughing

Hey! You know I meant I'd put your quote in my authors notes you git!
I DO NOT SUCK BALLS.... much. Laughing



Laughing




_________________
T-shirt Designs: http://www.cafepress.com/TheShaman
Help fight breast cancer by becoming an enabler: http://www.cafepress.com/Pinkaholics
anfa

Location: Geordieland, UK

Post Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:58 pm   Reply with quote         


TheShaman wrote:
anfa wrote:
TheShaman wrote:
anfa wrote:
TheShaman wrote:

Maybe we as artists need to put in our authors notes:
Quote:
If you don't vote, please suck my balls.

Cheers brother! I will do! Wink


Awesome! and I didn't even have to buy you dinner!
Laughing

Hey! You know I meant I'd put your quote in my authors notes you git!
I DO NOT SUCK BALLS.... much. Laughing



Laughing

Nice edit! Laughing Laughing Laughing




_________________

anfa

Location: Geordieland, UK

Post Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:50 pm   Reply with quote         






_________________

Eve
Site Moderator

Location: Planet Earth

Post Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:34 pm   Reply with quote         


Why does that image remind me of Mightybeet?




_________________
If your going to walk on thin ice, you may as well dance!
TheShaman

Location: Peaksville, Southeast of Disorder

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:00 am   Reply with quote         


Eve wrote:
Why does that image remind me of Mightybeet?


oh... I dunno


Laughing




_________________
T-shirt Designs: http://www.cafepress.com/TheShaman
Help fight breast cancer by becoming an enabler: http://www.cafepress.com/Pinkaholics

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Voting Idea - Reply to topic

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Navigate PSC
Contests open  completed  winners  prizes  events  rules  rss 
Galleries votes  authentic  skillful  funny  creative  theme  winners 
Interact register  log in/out  forum  chat  user lookup  contact 
Stats monthly leaders  hall of fame  record holders 
PSC advantage  news (rss)  faq  about  links  contact  home 
Help faq  search  new users  tutorials  contact  password 

Adobe, the Adobe logo, Adobe Photoshop, Creative Suite and Illustrator are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Text and images copyright 2000-2006 Photoshop Contest. All rights reserved.