Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Spam everywhere! - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

kinetic_be

Post Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Last week I noticed 20 new comments on a finished contest of mine.
It appeared a spambot posted 20 comments. I notified a moderator and it got fixed right away. (Thanks Vokaris)
Today I checked out some contests from over the past 7 days and noticed a huge increase of spam in the comment-fields. It's usually after the contest.

Right now, there is a rule that you can only vote after 10 submitted images. How about there comes a new rule you can only make comments after you uploaded at least 2 or 3 chops?
I'm sure it pretty much rules out spambots and gives the moderators less work cleaning up garbage.
It's impossible to keep track on comment-fields from finished contests.

Just an idea.

TJ

Post Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Cool

TheShaman

Post Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:08 pm   Reply with quote         

yeah I keep coming back to the site, and there are another 20-30 spam comments each time!
Laughing It's getting ridiculous. I PM'd Eve... But she said it had to be done one at a time... and with over 130 to delete... That's insane.

I don't even think you need to go that far...
I've already asked for this idea, but it does bare repeating.
one actual entry before being able to comment should just about do it.
I doubt very much a spambot is going to upload a entry, or even bother with a BS picture just to spam.

Besides, you'd think that if you're going to actually participate in this community, having one chop in your portfolio to do things like comment... really isn't much to ask...

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:14 am   Reply with quote         

cleared

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:48 am   Reply with quote         

kinetic_be wrote:
Last week I noticed 20 new comments on a finished contest of mine.
It appeared a spambot posted 20 comments. I notified a moderator and it got fixed right away. (Thanks Vokaris)
Today I checked out some contests from over the past 7 days and noticed a huge increase of spam in the comment-fields. It's usually after the contest.

Right now, there is a rule that you can only vote after 10 submitted images. How about there comes a new rule you can only make comments after you uploaded at least 2 or 3 chops?
I'm sure it pretty much rules out spambots and gives the moderators less work cleaning up garbage.
It's impossible to keep track on comment-fields from finished contests.

Just an idea.

Maybe this has something to do with it..

Welcome to PSC!
In reply to your questions: I can confirm that I have received prize money 2 or 3 times via Paypal. So don't worry about that.
Like Shaman said, get your feet wet in regular contests first, when you start learning Photoshop, you will be amazed about the things you didn't know yet. It's very addictive, trust me Smile

I'm almost 32 and I came here in 2003 but only started competing in early 2008 again. I was unemployed at that time, preparing to start my own business so I took about 3 months to try to learn as much Photoshop as I could get from the internet. Even though I'm not much around here anymore, I do give my credits to this site as it helped me a lot to develop some Photoshop skills which I still use in my work today.
My entries/wins: 230 entries, 17 wins.

Enjoy your time here! Smile

charliesou

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:50 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
yeah I keep coming back to the site, and there are another 20-30 spam comments each time!
Laughing It's getting ridiculous. I PM'd Eve... But she said it had to be done one at a time... and with over 130 to delete... That's insane.

I don't even think you need to go that far...
I've already asked for this idea, but it does bare repeating.
one actual entry before being able to comment should just about do it.
I doubt very much a spambot is going to upload a entry, or even bother with a BS picture just to spam.

Besides, you'd think that if you're going to actually participate in this community, having one chop in your portfolio to do things like comment... really isn't much to ask...

or this..

I am 39

Pretty much learned how to photoshop by competing/learning at this site.

I used to do every single contest no matter if I thought it was good or not...
Now I do about 1 or 2 a month. As time permits.

Don't get your hopes up about prize contests just yet. Get your feet wet in a regular contest where people can help you out.
Prize contests are anon and usually, not very many votes are thrown about.

Good luck & welcome.

TheShaman

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:04 am   Reply with quote         

charliesou wrote:

or this..

I am 39

Pretty much learned how to photoshop by competing/learning at this site.

I used to do every single contest no matter if I thought it was good or not...
Now I do about 1 or 2 a month. As time permits.

Don't get your hopes up about prize contests just yet. Get your feet wet in a regular contest where people can help you out.
Prize contests are anon and usually, not very many votes are thrown about.

Good luck & welcome.

Shocked That sounds almost just like me! Shocked

But I fail to see where I've asked for links to evening dresses and Louis Vuitton M93800 Monogram Macassar Canvas Tanon Wallets to be posted on my entries.

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:04 am   Reply with quote         

Grefix wrote:
cleared

Bow THANK YOU! Bow

but uilouiseshan is at it again!
51 more wonderful comments
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/186072/sgt-peppers-band.html

can you just ban him for being such a dumbass and not knowing how to link inside a comment? If you're going to spam, you should at least know how to link back to the area you're selling to. Rolling Eyes

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:23 am   Reply with quote         

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/186105/its-a-trap.html

20 more on a different one. Rolling Eyes

Tony, can't you just make it so that you have to at least post one entry before you can comment on other entries?

I'm sure 'new members' like the Talented Mr Ripley wouldn't have minded waiting to comment "nice" on others entries until he had one entry posted in a contest...
then he still has to wait to vote until he hits 10 entries...

It's like a right of passage.

Plus, wouldn't it make yours... and the other mods job easier? not having to delete all this BS all the time...

Former Site Moderator

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:11 pm   Reply with quote         

I miss Splodge. He was the bestest spam monkey ever!

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:50 pm   Reply with quote         

HAHA Flash from the past, I just deleted spam from chat. Smile

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:57 pm   Reply with quote         

thumright

kinetic_be

Post Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:40 am   Reply with quote         

charliesou wrote:
Maybe this has something to do with it..

Welcome to PSC!
In reply to your questions: I can confirm that I have received prize money 2 or 3 times via Paypal. So don't worry about that.
Like Shaman said, get your feet wet in regular contests first, when you start learning Photoshop, you will be amazed about the things you didn't know yet. It's very addictive, trust me Smile

I'm almost 32 and I came here in 2003 but only started competing in early 2008 again. I was unemployed at that time, preparing to start my own business so I took about 3 months to try to learn as much Photoshop as I could get from the internet. Even though I'm not much around here anymore, I do give my credits to this site as it helped me a lot to develop some Photoshop skills which I still use in my work today.
My entries/wins: 230 entries, 17 wins.

Enjoy your time here! Smile

What the heck does that have to do with it???

charliesou

Post Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:56 am   Reply with quote         

A person/spammer joins the site, and on that very same day posts a request asking people to tell him, or it their age/ background etc.
And, guess what ? They were lining up to give out lots of lovely info to a total stranger.
And you wonder why you are being spammed ??
You may call me an old cynic..Damn right I am.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Zoeon

Post Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:00 am   Reply with quote         

charliesou wrote:
A person/spammer joins the site, and on that very same day posts a request asking people to tell him, or it their age/ background etc.
And, guess what ? They were lining up to give out lots of lovely info to a total stranger.
And you wonder why you are being spammed ??
You may call me an old cynic..Damn right I am.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
sorry i dont get it either

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Spam everywhere! - Reply to topic