Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - SCAVENGER HUNT 2012 STARTS NOW! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Lord David

Location: Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets, Alpha Quadrant.

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:28 am   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
Lord David wrote:
anfa wrote:
Lord David wrote:
You better release the entries soon! If the jury decides on Saturday and results released on Sunday.

We need to see the entries and judge ourselves before the official results are released!

You don't simply go to an Olympic vote without having released the bid books for peeps to look at first!

Stop being a dick!

Well then fine, let them do this illogically. When the winner is announced on Sunday, there's little point in seeing what the entries were or how the votes were broken down.

Which is why we should at least be able to see the entries beforehand and speculate amongst ourselves.

I take it you didn't read this:
anfa wrote:
Showing the entries after the judging is done is the fairest way of doing it. If we could see them before, everyone would be talking about them and it could effect the judging. It's the same as not talking about open contests because it effects the voting.

BE PATIENT!

Or if you did, I take it you didn't understand it.

Yes but taken my Olympic example, people can view and make their own judgement, which shouldn't effect judge's voting since they have no way in persuading or influencing the judges. It's basically just to have a look at the entries.

It becomes a little lackluster to see the winner announced then we get to see the entries.

Then we come to the simple fact that they said they were going to release the images the day after.

I personally don't see how simply looking and admiring the efforts made in each team's entries will effect judging in anyways.

kittie

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:22 am   Reply with quote         

Look, I'm sure the pork chops don't WANT outside views to affect their voting, but we're a pretty close knit community, and other peoples opinions hold MERIT to us. (sometimes. half the time. I don't know.)

When you see a half done chop that you wouldn't vote for FILLED with praise and acknowledgement for "little details", well, I'm guessing you'd go back to see if you missed something. And I bet they would go back and look at an entry they weren't going to vote for if they saw the rest of us gushing about the details.

It's unfortunate, and I wish we could see the entries too... but I get it.

anfa

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:23 am   Reply with quote         

Lord David wrote:
anfa wrote:
Lord David wrote:
anfa wrote:
Lord David wrote:
You better release the entries soon! If the jury decides on Saturday and results released on Sunday.

We need to see the entries and judge ourselves before the official results are released!

You don't simply go to an Olympic vote without having released the bid books for peeps to look at first!

Stop being a dick!

Well then fine, let them do this illogically. When the winner is announced on Sunday, there's little point in seeing what the entries were or how the votes were broken down.

Which is why we should at least be able to see the entries beforehand and speculate amongst ourselves.

I take it you didn't read this:
anfa wrote:
Showing the entries after the judging is done is the fairest way of doing it. If we could see them before, everyone would be talking about them and it could effect the judging. It's the same as not talking about open contests because it effects the voting.

BE PATIENT!

Or if you did, I take it you didn't understand it.

Yes but taken my Olympic example, people can view and make their own judgement, which shouldn't effect judge's voting since they have no way in persuading or influencing the judges. It's basically just to have a look at the entries.

It becomes a little lackluster to see the winner announced then we get to see the entries.

Then we come to the simple fact that they said they were going to release the images the day after.

I personally don't see how simply looking and admiring the efforts made in each team's entries will effect judging in anyways.

For fucks sake mate. Stop acting like a child and wait patiently like everyone else.

The-Masked-Layer

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:39 am   Reply with quote         

Christmas? Really? I suppose nobody does anything festive before Christmas to prepare for the holiday? Everybody waits to Christmas Day to decorate, sing carols, party, catch a holiday flick or two? Bad analogy. Whatever. I can wait. I didn't think it would hurt to ask for a glimpse of the entries. Does it hurt? I offer my most humble and deepest heart-felt apologies to those I have offended. May your crushed spirits be healed by the magical tears of Anfa's llama.

The-Masked-Layer

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:44 am   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
23 people made up the teams and only 2 are acting like asshats. That's pretty good really (I'm staying optimistic). Laughing

Only 4 teams made it through the gauntlet, so only 16 members have a vested interest. David and I aren't the only ones who asked to see the entries. Look back through the thread.

anfa

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:46 am   Reply with quote         

The-Masked-Layer wrote:
anfa wrote:
23 people made up the teams and only 2 are acting like asshats. That's pretty good really (I'm staying optimistic). Laughing

Only 4 teams made it through the gauntlet, so only 16 members have a vested interest. David and I aren't the only ones who asked to see the entries. Look back through the thread.

I know that, but only 2 are still being asshats about it.

anfa

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:57 am   Reply with quote         

We(The Space Monkeys) released everything after the judging was done last year because that's how it's always been done and I can't remember any complaints. It's the fairest way I tells ya!

kittie

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:11 am   Reply with quote         

You know what would make everyone feel better? Chopping my source for tomorrow!

Yeah great idea kittie! yay!

Edit: do it

anfa

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:15 am   Reply with quote         

Tesore

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:49 am   Reply with quote         

kittie wrote:

shane.e.randall

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:33 pm   Reply with quote         

kittie wrote:

Thats yours. I chopped it already.

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:43 pm   Reply with quote         

nat_g31 wrote:
Lord David wrote:
anfa wrote:
Lord David wrote:

Stop being a dick!

I would agree with you David, but then we'd both be wrong. If we showed all the entries, you would know who won. Did your logic work at Christmas with your parents and your Christmas gifts? Anticipation is part of the fun. Now kindly stfuac.

My parents allowed us to open one present the night before Christmas (when the anticipation was at its peak) Wink

shane.e.randall

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:20 pm   Reply with quote         

cringer8 wrote:
nat_g31 wrote:
Lord David wrote:
anfa wrote:
Lord David wrote:

Stop being a dick!

I would agree with you David, but then we'd both be wrong. If we showed all the entries, you would know who won. Did your logic work at Christmas with your parents and your Christmas gifts? Anticipation is part of the fun. Now kindly stfuac.

My parents allowed us to open one present the night before Christmas (when the anticipation was at its peak) Wink

Actually that was a family tradition of ours too.

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:22 pm   Reply with quote         

After a while we chose not to do that anymore. My brother would always open a present that required another present.

My mom would get really mad, and no one had a holly jolly Christmas Laughing

nat_g31

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:45 pm   Reply with quote         

shane.e.randall wrote:
cringer8 wrote:
nat_g31 wrote:
Lord David wrote:
anfa wrote:
Lord David wrote:

Stop being a dick!

Actually that was a family tradition of ours too.

Me too!!!! But you already stated the Christmas analogy sucked. Laughing

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - SCAVENGER HUNT 2012 STARTS NOW! - Reply to topic