Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - FREE LEGAL CS2 - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

irgum

Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:57 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:
The interwebs is abuzz today with news that you can get yourself a copy of Adobe’s CS2, including Photoshop, for free from the Adobe website. We’ve triple checked our sources and this is being reported on Gizmodo, Lifehacker, Forbes and other sites so from what we can see, it’s 100% legit.

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

Designed2522

Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:56 am   Reply with quote         

irgum wrote:
Quote:
The interwebs is abuzz today with news that you can get yourself a copy of Adobe’s CS2, including Photoshop, for free from the Adobe website. We’ve triple checked our sources and this is being reported on Gizmodo, Lifehacker, Forbes and other sites so from what we can see, it’s 100% legit.

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

Wow, thats awesome, thanks irgum!!! Smile Merry Late Christmas to me!!!! Very Happy

anfa

Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:05 pm   Reply with quote         

It's about time these greedy bastards done something like this. The site was down yesterday due to too many people trying to download it.

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Not free, should be used by previous customers only
http://blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2013/01/update-on-cs2-and-acrobat-7-activation-servers.html

Long story short:
- Customer bought CS2 way back when
- CS2 requires activation when installed on new machine
- Adobe shut down the CS2 activation servers
- Potential scenario: customer's old computer crashes and he/she wants to install his/her legal copy of CS2 on a new computer
- Since the activation servers don't work, customer is left with a dud
- Adobe gives away copies of CS2 that don't require activation to previous customers

Tesore

Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Tesore

Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:25 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
Not free, should be used by previous customers only
http://blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2013/01/update-on-cs2-and-acrobat-7-activation-servers.html

Long story short:
- Customer bought CS2 way back when
- CS2 requires activation when installed on new machine
- Adobe shut down the CS2 activation servers
- Potential scenario: customer's old computer crashes and he/she wants to install his/her legal copy of CS2 on a new computer
- Since the activation servers don't work, customer is left with a dud
- Adobe gives away copies of CS2 that don't require activation to previous customers

That's a lot of English Wink
Do you say: don't do it?

Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Don't be too happy about it:
"There has been clarification since this story broke. Adobe has not released the CS2 software for free. Instead, it has cancelled its CS2 license management servers, so for those with existing licenses it is now offering downloads that do not require contact with the licensing servers. This service is only going to be available for those with existing Adobe CS2 licenses, which will be verified when creating the Adobe account to download the software".

Designed2522

Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:31 pm   Reply with quote         

dont know but the download worked for me and the program is working fine. I have never had PSCS2 installed on this computer..... just ps elements which I never got use to.... is this some type of trial period that I am... I just did not register it.... but it doesnt tell me that I need to???? oh well its working and that is all that matters!

Cartoon Contractor

Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Like Designed said! I downloaded it on my new office computer which is a windows machine. (I got a Mac at home I use photoshop on) I've never had any version of PS on this machine and its working just fine! Not sure if I should register it or not Hmmm ! But so far it looks like a free version of CS2 thumright

PS: If anyone registers their version let me know so I can register mine! Laughing

nevet

Post Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:12 am   Reply with quote         

It's all lies.... Hmmm

Cartoon Contractor

Post Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:56 am   Reply with quote         

nevet wrote:
It's all lies.... Hmmm

I beg to differ! Worked for me! Cool Very Happy

Post Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Worked for me too...

Cool

Post Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Here I come to kill the thread...
...It's working as any other illegal software you may find online... Laughing
The fact that is working does not mean...Oh, never mind. Enjoy your "victory".

Cartoon Contractor

Post Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:54 pm   Reply with quote         

BSmatic wrote:

Well if it's illegal why is it from Adobe? Not like it was pirated from somewhere! I don't understand why they would give it away, but if someone offered something to you for free that they owned would you insist on paying them something for it? If so your either really rich or extremely guilt ridden. I'm not sure which. Shocked

Post Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Cartoon Contractor wrote:
BSmatic wrote:

Well if it's illegal why is it from Adobe? Not like it was pirated from somewhere! I don't understand why they would give it away, but if someone offered something to you for free that they owned would you insist on paying them something for it? If so your either really rich or extremely guilt ridden. I'm not sure which. Shocked

Believe me, if Adobe has given anything for free it would be top story for weeks...why do I think you don't have license for this? Server is down but license agreements still stands (oh Lord, I sound like people I hate the most). And even if you want, you couldn't buy CS2 any more. Real act of charity would be (for example) that you can get older versions of PS at lower prices, but if you can get PS7 for 10 bucks and make 90% of your work with it, would you buy something new(er) and expensive?
Than again if they say in the future "we give this product for free" in agreement probably stands something like "you agreed that two people may come in the middle of the night and take your liver out". Razz

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - FREE LEGAL CS2 - Reply to topic