Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - In Memory of - Indi - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

johndownunder

Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:35 pm   Reply with quote         

Hi guys,

Sadly a few days ago my little dog Indi whose image is used for my Avatar passed away.I have posted some of my favourite pics of her here to celebrate her life.She was a real treasure to my wife Leanne and i and was always curled up beside me every time i did a chop.She was a beautiful natured gentle little soul who was adored by every member of the family especially the children.I am sure many members in the community have experienced the same kind of loss and as i have friends here who i feel are like online family i just wanted to share my sorrow with you over the loss of my cherished little Avatar.

JDU

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and condolences.I am replying to everyone by personal message to say thank you on behalf of my wife Leanne and i.We would also like to offer our condolences to everyone who has shared the same kind of loss in the past.We share the same heartfelt feelings.Thank you to everyone.

John and Leanne

seamusoisin

Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:41 pm   Reply with quote         

I know it's hard but the best thing is to get another dog. Indi will meet you at the rainbow bridge when you cross over.

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
Tesore

Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:58 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm so sorry John.
Always such a sad loss when you have to say goodbye to your dog.
I'm sure he had a great life with your family.
And what seamusoisin said, it's all true!

Hug

cringer8

Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:09 pm   Reply with quote         

seamusoisin wrote:
I know it's hard but the best thing is to get another dog. Indi will meet you at the rainbow bridge when you cross over.

I couldn't disagree more. After a loss like this, the last thing you should do is try to replace it. The new dog will never be able to measure up to the idealized memories of the original dog. It's too soon. The next dog has to come naturally, not as an effort to replace Indi.

I'm sorry for your loss, John. I'm sure Indi was given the happiest life with your family and you Smile

Tesore

Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:47 pm   Reply with quote         

So it's different for everybody.
Ofcourse a 'new' dog is not your old dog. But there are so many dogs waiting for some love.
And so do we Wink

kittie

Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:58 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm really sorry to hear this John. Crying or Very sad I fear this kind of loss every day and can't truly imagine how it feels. It will take time, but I hope you start to feel better soon. She was lucky to have a family who cared so much.

acire111

Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:10 pm   Reply with quote         

That's real sad news John Crying or Very sad

Animals can be such great characters,they can become like family members...

I do hope you can find solace in your art & poetry,let Indi be a lasting inspiration to you,
in that way she'll always be around

flower flower flower flower flower flower

papavales

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:53 am   Reply with quote         

John i have no words. I m so sorry for your little friend. Indi was very special to John and his family. She saved his life once, and inspired him at many ways.
I feel you John as i had lost my little pet-friend(Eddie) too.
Carry on my friend, i know last months was hard for you. I know indi was a piece of your heart which never could be replaced but i m sure you have plenty of love and care to give to any other lucky pet.

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Its amazing how these little guys can mean so much. A few years ago I had to put down my cat of 17 years so I understand your pain.

Condolences, my friend.

Cartoon Contractor

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Sorry to hear about your loss John. As a pet owner myself I understand what you are going through. I've always had dogs and they become more than pets. They are a part of the family and irreplaceable. But time does heals the pain. Good luck to you and yours.

Daenerys

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:19 am   Reply with quote         

Sorry for your loss John, i know how you feel, believe me!
But she will be always a part of your family and i know that she was very happy in life.

anabe

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:18 pm   Reply with quote         

I am so sorry to hear these sad news, John.I know how much love Indi has given you and your family. My heart goes out to you and Leanne. May the cherished memories of happier times with her help you to overcome the pain of her loss.It will take time. Hug

charliesou

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:34 pm   Reply with quote         

“A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.”
Hug

shane.e.randall

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Sorry to hear about Indie John.

TJ

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Damn!...... I seen this thread a few days ago and wanted to say how sorry I am. I know your feeling way to well.
I had to put my best friend down almost three years ago and miss him everyday. Some folks around here may remember him too.

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/187759/suzzi-and-shadow-upd.html
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/150029/shadow-and-suzzi.html
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/149046/pack-leader.html

I'm very, very sorry John.

Crying or Very sad

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - In Memory of - Indi - Reply to topic