Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

 


Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Rules regarding Alternate accounts... - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:50 am   Reply with quote         


I see some entries that look very much like same artist doing them, how many accounts can a person have to enter contests?




_________________
Thank you Autobot for the avatar gif Wink
papavales

Location: greece

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:29 pm   Reply with quote         


i think five or six. People with 7 accounts gets banned for sure




_________________
random

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:35 pm   Reply with quote         


[quote="papavales"]i think five or six. People with 7 accounts gets banned for sure[/quote


Oh, I see...seems odd to allow that




_________________
Thank you Autobot for the avatar gif Wink

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:39 pm   Reply with quote         


The banning offense comes when discovering someone voting for themself




Eve
Site Moderator

Location: Planet Earth

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:40 pm   Reply with quote         


~Sierranne~ wrote:
I see some entries that look very much like same artist doing them, how many accounts can a person have to enter contests?


Quote:
Can I have multiple accounts?
Short answer: no. Multiple accounts, aka aliases, are not allowed. The reason is quite simple, because users are not allowed to vote for themselves using such accounts. If a user gets caught cheating in this way, his alias votes will be removed. Other measurements can be taken at the discretion of admins and moderators. This can range from a simple warning to a banishment of all the accounts (including the main one).


If you're referring to today's comp, I see several that are similar in idea.

The site's Help section should answer your questions. Very Happy




_________________
If your going to walk on thin ice, you may as well dance!
papavales

Location: greece

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:41 pm   Reply with quote         


just kidding. There is no way a good chopper do something so lame like this.




_________________
random

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:42 pm   Reply with quote         


Eve wrote:
~Sierranne~ wrote:
I see some entries that look very much like same artist doing them, how many accounts can a person have to enter contests?


Quote:
Can I have multiple accounts?
Short answer: no. Multiple accounts, aka aliases, are not allowed. The reason is quite simple, because users are not allowed to vote for themselves using such accounts. If a user gets caught cheating in this way, his alias votes will be removed. Other measurements can be taken at the discretion of admins and moderators. This can range from a simple warning to a banishment of all the accounts (including the main one).


If you're referring to today's comp, I see several that are similar in idea.

The site's Help section should answer your questions. Very Happy
''



This forum has Contest questions please forgive me for posting here .




_________________
Thank you Autobot for the avatar gif Wink
papavales

Location: greece

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:44 pm   Reply with quote         


on today's contest i found only 2 similar entries maybe is the same person, this is not illegal, you could add 2 entries per contest




_________________
random

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:48 pm   Reply with quote         


papavales wrote:
on today's contest i found only 2 similar entries maybe is the same person, this is not illegal, you could add 2 entries per contest



This contest allows 2?




_________________
Thank you Autobot for the avatar gif Wink

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:52 pm   Reply with quote         


~Sierranne~ wrote:
papavales wrote:
on today's contest i found only 2 similar entries maybe is the same person, this is not illegal, you could add 2 entries per contest



This contest allows 2?



Just read it does allow 2 thank you everyone Smile




_________________
Thank you Autobot for the avatar gif Wink

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:00 pm   Reply with quote         


Aliases are stupid Cool




Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:02 pm   Reply with quote         


jagerbomb wrote:
Aliases are stupid Cool



...whew I am not alone but I bet you have 10 LOL




_________________
Thank you Autobot for the avatar gif Wink
Martrex

Location: California

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:39 pm   Reply with quote         


~Sierranne~ wrote:
jagerbomb wrote:
Aliases are stupid Cool



...whew I am not alone but I bet you have 10 LOL


If you look at an individuals profile you find how many entries they have done and how long they've been here, along with wins etc.

Does anyone do what you said about working under an alias? That question has been asked multiple times over the years still not ever answered for sure. Joked about in the forums quite often.
Now the question of should they? A totally different discussion. Now has anyone been kicked off and come back under a different name?

I tell you just when you think you have the rules down, top to bottom, they will change! Laughing Laughing Laughing




Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:55 pm   Reply with quote         


Martrex wrote:
~Sierranne~ wrote:
jagerbomb wrote:
Aliases are stupid Cool



...whew I am not alone but I bet you have 10 LOL


If you look at an individuals profile you find how many entries they have done and how long they've been here, along with wins etc.

Does anyone do what you said about working under an alias? That question has been asked multiple times over the years still not ever answered for sure. Joked about in the forums quite often.
Now the question of should they? A totally different discussion. Now has anyone been kicked off and come back under a different name?

I tell you just when you think you have the rules down, top to bottom, they will change! Laughing Laughing Laughing



Yes its hard to determine for sure, even IP addresses change...I will never win anyways lmao Laughing Laughing Laughing so won't worry much about it. I will continue voting for the ones that I love regardless.




_________________
Thank you Autobot for the avatar gif Wink
charliesou

Location: Independent Scotland

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:33 pm   Reply with quote         


Its ok to have lots of accounts as long as you can prove that your votees are not alternative account holders ..just family members who occassionaly come to the rescue .
I'm only fecking kiddin' !
Very Happy




Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Rules regarding Alternate accounts... - Reply to topic

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Navigate PSC
Contests open  completed  winners  prizes  events  rules  rss 
Galleries votes  authentic  skillful  funny  creative  theme  winners 
Interact register  log in/out  forum  chat  user lookup  contact 
Stats monthly leaders  hall of fame  record holders 
PSC advantage  news (rss)  faq  about  links  contact  home 
Help faq  search  new users  tutorials  contact  password 

Adobe, the Adobe logo, Adobe Photoshop, Creative Suite and Illustrator are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Text and images copyright 2000-2006 Photoshop Contest. All rights reserved.