Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Future of Adobe - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Luxwiz

Post Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:22 pm   Reply with quote         

looks awesome but might take the fun out for those who like to point and click Laughing

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlLR9ANGsOo[/youtube]

Tarmac

Post Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:04 pm   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
looks awesome but might take the fun out for those who like to point and click Laughing ]

I think were screwing ourselves. The value of design, used to be determined by how many weeks or months it took to make it. Adobe flattened the field of graphic arts and design shrinking it to anyone's desktop, and that 'same design' job only took days to complete. What will be the future commercial value of that same 'design', when everyone will have the ability to make it, in a matter of minutes or even seconds?

Luxwiz

Post Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:56 pm   Reply with quote         

Tarmac wrote:
Luxwiz wrote:
looks awesome but might take the fun out for those who like to point and click Laughing ]

I think were screwing ourselves. The value of design, used to be determined by how many weeks or months it took to make it. Adobe flattened the field of graphic arts and design shrinking it to anyone's desktop, and that 'same design' job only took days to complete. What will be the future commercial value of that same 'design', when everyone will have the ability to make it, in a matter of minutes or even seconds?

I agree, but thatīs not just with adobe and design itīs with "progress" in general.I put progress in quotations cause sometimes it may in fact be a digression,even to the point of extinction... you loose what you donīt use.The obese lazy destiny of the people on the Axiom in the movie WALL-E comes to mind.Just think the Egyptian hieroglyphs carved in stone still communicate to us after 5000 years.Where will our virtual electronic data be 5000 years from now? Gone in a major electrical blackout along the way? Or become undecipherable if our civilization is Mad Maxed in a major cataclysm? Anyhow for good or bad, whatīs true is that putting all this technological power in more and more peopleīs hands will definitely bring forth a major paradigm change in all of civilization.And it will be the responsibility of future generations to do what they will with it.But hey that seems to have always been the way of the world... like water the current of life seems to always take the path of least resistance.

Post Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Too Many Cooks Spoil the Broth. If everything is easier and available to everyone doesn't mean there will be more creative people out there...knowing the Adobe, it won't be cheap also.

Luxwiz

Post Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Tarmac

Post Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
... like water the current of life seems to always take the path of least resistance.

Water does in fact start off in efficient patterns of least resistance, but then, over time, it meanders inefficiently. Coursing back and forth in serpentine patterns of added resistance. You can sometimes observe this serpentine phenomenon, as water rolls down a sheet of glass when its raining.

As for society and the cheapening of human labor through technological progress, its a crap shoot as to how things will turn out. My feelings are that Alvin Toffler and his book Future Shock were right. ... I'm shocked. Laughing

Post Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:47 pm   Reply with quote         

That's darn cool. Bring it on. I'm in.

Luxwiz

Post Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:43 am   Reply with quote         

cool too,gotta get one of these pens Smile

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jexqp-MK0pI#t=43[/youtube]

Post Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:11 pm   Reply with quote         

got to get one of these guys to babysits my child. They look so reliable Cool

Tesore

Post Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Tarmac

Post Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:49 am   Reply with quote         

Someone should shoot the guy who made the music to this. I volumed off.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK2eQQiHMQ4[/youtube]

YerPalAl

Post Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:55 am   Reply with quote         

Well, the tools set is amazing and exciting. Luxwix is right, it will put more options into the hands of those who have no talent to use them, and it will enable a further degradation of the graphic arts. (I know this is a can of worms, but I am old school and a product of the high period of graphic ARTS and typography, the late 70s and 80s. I am still offended by seeing high end advertisements using word processing apostrophes and lack of kerning.) So, yes, people who have no training or understanding of the finer points of graphic design will continue to churn out drek, but also, the other side of the coin is it will also allow those truly talented and educated to do more-better.

Luxwiz

Post Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:12 am   Reply with quote         

BSmatic wrote:
got to get one of these guys to babysits my child. They look so reliable Cool

among other things ...he reminds me Mr. Dressup or Mr. Rogers Laughing

Luxwiz

Post Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:06 am   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
Well, the tools set is amazing and exciting. Luxwix is right, it will put more options into the hands of those who have no talent to use them, and it will enable a further degradation of the graphic arts. (I know this is a can of worms, but I am old school and a product of the high period of graphic ARTS and typography, the late 70s and 80s. I am still offended by seeing high end advertisements using word processing apostrophes and lack of kerning.) So, yes, people who have no training or understanding of the finer points of graphic design will continue to churn out drek, but also, the other side of the coin is it will also allow those truly talented and educated to do more-better.

Tarmac

Post Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
YerPalAl wrote:

Hear, Hear!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Future of Adobe - Reply to topic