Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - We need your vote! - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

kinetic_be

Post Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:57 am   Reply with quote         

I find it a little bit sad that nowadays, a contest can be won with less than 10 votes while there are more participants out here and definitly more viewers.
We've seen better days at PSC where winners would take 80 votes (if not more) and I know getting back there is not possible, but what made this satisfying was that we saw clear winners. You'd see a tie now and then, but not as often.

All I want to say, come out of hiding, cast your vote now and then and make it 'matter'.

Cheers!

BigGame3113

Post Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Amen! I was completely surprised that I won the last prize contest with 9 votes! Let's go people!!

kinetic_be

Post Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:35 pm   Reply with quote         

BigGame3113 wrote:
Amen! I was completely surprised that I won the last prize contest with 9 votes! Let's go people!!

Yeah, you deserved a lot more for that entry Smile

Luxwiz

Post Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:36 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm still waiting to see someone win with the only image entered and 0 votes Laughing

BigGame3113

Post Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
I'm still waiting to see someone win with the only image entered and 0 votes Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

And thanks kitetic Smile

Post Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:31 pm   Reply with quote         

kinetic_be wrote:
I find it a little bit sad that nowadays, a contest can be won with less than 10 votes while there are more participants out here and definitly more viewers.
We've seen better days at PSC where winners would take 80 votes (if not more) and I know getting back there is not possible, but what made this satisfying was that we saw clear winners. You'd see a tie now and then, but not as often.

All I want to say, come out of hiding, cast your vote now and then and make it 'matter'.

Cheers!

No vote whoring. :gordonkl: ..ah the good ol' days when vote whoring was a battle unto itself.
One of my favorite chops of Kinetic_be is the "Birdy Davidson Downhill" chop.
Tons of votes on that one. Cheers.

kinetic_be

Post Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks! 73 votes Cool
Ur right though, voting was a battle upon itself Laughing

Tawiskaro

Post Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:12 pm   Reply with quote         

dbbowling wrote:
kinetic_be wrote:

Cheers!

No vote whoring. :gordonkl: ..ah the good ol' days when vote whoring was a battle unto itself.
One of my favorite chops of Kinetic_be is the "Birdy Davidson Downhill" chop.
Tons of votes on that one. Cheers.

I love that chop. Beat me by 17 votes!

Lynnette0807

Post Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:12 pm   Reply with quote         

I would like to see more voting!! Very Happy

This won with 14 entries and 9 votes? I missed something while away! scratch

Post Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:05 am   Reply with quote         

Since as you say people aren't voting much lately why not have an occasional comp with no voting and no winner decided by votes but with viewing members making an effort to help the contestants improve their work by posting positive comments and constructive criticism.It would be a noble act of altruism by viewers giving just advice and suggestions,not votes to indicate what they think is a better or worse chop.Also this would demonstrate that members that enter would do so not to win or loose but for the love of art and the willingness to have their work scrutinized positively in order to improve their skills and as an incentive to be more creative.The image of the day would be symbolic and could be decided by an administrator's consensus at the end of the contest with criteria that could include the degree of improvement a member has shown in their work or the amount of honest effort put into a chop,not necessarily the most skillful or creative chop.What do you think ? Smile

BigGame3113

Post Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:23 am   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
Since as you say people aren't voting much lately why not have an occasional comp with no voting and no winner decided by votes but with viewing members making an effort to help the contestants improve their work by posting positive comments and constructive criticism.It would be a noble act of altruism by viewers giving just advice and suggestions,not votes to indicate what they think is a better or worse chop.Also this would demonstrate that members that enter would do so not to win or loose but for the love of art and the willingness to have their work scrutinized positively in order to improve their skills and as an incentive to be more creative.The image of the day would be symbolic and could be decided by an administrator's consensus at the end of the contest with criteria that could include the degree of improvement a member has shown in their work or the amount of honest effort put into a chop,not necessarily the most skillful or creative chop.What do you think ? Smile

Sounds interesting! I'm for it! Smile

Lynnette0807

Post Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
It would be a noble act of altruism by viewers giving just advice and suggestions,not votes to indicate what they think is a better or worse chop.Also this would demonstrate that members that enter would do so not to win or loose but for the love of art and the willingness to have their work scrutinized positively in order to improve their skills and as an incentive to be more creative.

I like what you said because this is what I am here for. I am only one person but my goal here was to learn, get better, get criticism, hopefully improve, and then kick some butt someday Laughing

But this is a contest website, so obviously there will be winners and non winners. I would want to know how this website works. What happens if no one votes at all, how does the image of the day appear? and/or what happens if no one puts in chop and it's blank, will the image of the day be blank?

Oh yea, I just went to a whole new different topic, sorry guys..hahaha

Post Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Lynnette not as a regular thing but an ocassional comp as I described would be cool as it would focus on exactly what you said, putting the desire to learn before the intention of winning...if no one voted,which would be pretty sad,the Image of the Day would be the first one to enter with 0 votes and as for no one entering the daily comp not to fret as long as you and I are still around Laughing

Tawiskaro

Post Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Luis, your idea can be accomplished in the forums. There is no reason a chopper can't start a thread requesting technical assessment of a chop. Commenting is limited in the contests. Demonstration images or animations would have to be linked. Here in the forums, space is not much of an issue.

Lynnette0807

Post Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:32 am   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
Lynnette not as a regular thing but an ocassional comp as I described would be cool as it would focus on exactly what you said, putting the desire to learn before the intention of winning...if no one voted,which would be pretty sad,the Image of the Day would be the first one to enter with 0 votes and as for no one entering the daily comp not to fret as long as you and I are still around Laughing

Laughing Laughing

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - We need your vote! - Reply to topic