Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Goals for 2018? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

genesis2

Post Sun May 20, 2018 7:33 am   Reply with quote         

I quit the nasty habit about 20 years ago, don't miss it at all.

Post Sun May 20, 2018 7:54 am   Reply with quote         

genesis2 wrote:
Bravo and good for you, I try to stop next week, they say on holiday its easier

genesis2

Post Sun May 20, 2018 8:16 am   Reply with quote         

candron wrote:
genesis2 wrote:

JUST DO IT. Everything is easier on holiday, drink more wine and beer. lol

Post Sun May 20, 2018 8:30 am   Reply with quote         

genesis2 wrote:
candron wrote:
genesis2 wrote:

LOL, that i have to quite too

Post Sun May 20, 2018 5:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Mundo

Post Mon May 21, 2018 1:32 pm   Reply with quote         

candron wrote:
Mundo wrote:
Lynnette0807 wrote:
candron wrote:
stop smoking would be nice

well I can't say anything there, I unfortunately developed that habit long long ago, still doing it but I wish you luck, it's really super hard, and have to have willpower of superman!

It is hard... I started smoking when I was 15, I'm 76 now, I managed to quit 3 years ago.. haven't touched them since.. It might be too late for me, I've been diagnosed with COPD, and nothing can be done about it...But if it helps any, I used Chantix to quit, and lots of will power...
Thats hard to hear you have COPD, I lost a person with this deasease. But with here it was very bad. Hope you can keep staying doing things you like. BTW is your avatar when you were younger?
picture not that old really probably took that picture a couple years ago... I'm one of those people that don't show it's real age. [/img]

Post Mon May 21, 2018 1:35 pm   Reply with quote         

genesis2 wrote:
So sorry to hear this Mundo, wish you the best. Didn't know you are an old timer like me, we keep on going though. Cool
Glad to hear I'm not the only one..lol Laughing

Post Mon May 21, 2018 1:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Mundo wrote:
genesis2 wrote:
So sorry to hear this Mundo, wish you the best. Didn't know you are an old timer like me, we keep on going though. Cool

I have a feeling I'm the youngest one here... Razz

Tawiskaro

Post Mon May 21, 2018 10:22 pm   Reply with quote         

genesis2 wrote:
candron wrote:
genesis2 wrote:

I have smoked for more than 40 years. Quit cold turkey several times, including one stretch of sixteen months. That ended on September 11, 2001. I was in downtown Manhattan that day. Came up out of the subway two blocks from the WTC a couple of minutes after the first plane hit. I never made it to my agency's office across the street from the WTC that day. Witnessed the explosion of the second plane strike. Saw four jumpers. Very unpleasant day. First opportunity that arose, I bought a pack of Marlboros and resumed smoking like a chimney.

Ten or twelve years ago, I tried Zyban. Made me a cranky, near-homicidal insomniac. I later tried Chantix, but that made me increase my smoking from 20 a day to 30 a day. About six years ago, I tried the nicotine patches. Almost immediately I dropped to eight per day. Lately, I am down to 6 or 7. My cardiologist tells me at this point it is psychological. Maybe. I still use the patches.

Just do it, if you can, Roel. If you need help, try the patches.

I am curious: What does a pack of cigarettes cost in Belgium or France these days? A U. S. pack numbers twenty cigarettes. The price is all over the place depending on the state. NY state retail is $10.00 or more, unless you have access to a Native American smoke shop. You can still get them there for less than three dollars a pack. Canada used to be 25 cigarettes per pack, but it's been a while since I bought those awful things. Like smoking a brown paper bag. Laughing

Tawiskaro

Post Mon May 21, 2018 10:23 pm   Reply with quote         

BigGame3113 wrote:
Mundo wrote:
genesis2 wrote:

You are, you little booger!

Laughing

Lynnette0807

Post Tue May 22, 2018 1:10 am   Reply with quote         

BigGame3113 wrote:
Mundo wrote:
genesis2 wrote:

I think you are too young whipper snapper!..hahaha Laughing

Post Tue May 22, 2018 1:13 am   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
genesis2 wrote:
candron wrote:
genesis2 wrote:

I have smoked for more than 40 years. Quit cold turkey several times, including one stretch of sixteen months. That ended on September 11, 2001. I was in downtown Manhattan that day. Came up out of the subway two blocks from the WTC a couple of minutes after the first plane hit. I never made it to my agency's office across the street from the WTC that day. Witnessed the explosion of the second plane strike. Saw four jumpers. Very unpleasant day. First opportunity that arose, I bought a pack of Marlboros and resumed smoking like a chimney.

Ten or twelve years ago, I tried Zyban. Made me a cranky, near-homicidal insomniac. I later tried Chantix, but that made me increase my smoking from 20 a day to 30 a day. About six years ago, I tried the nicotine patches. Almost immediately I dropped to eight per day. Lately, I am down to 6 or 7. My cardiologist tells me at this point it is psychological. Maybe. I still use the patches.

I am curious: What does a pack of cigarettes cost in Belgium or France these days? A U. S. pack numbers twenty cigarettes. The price is all over the place depending on the state. NY state retail is $10.00 or more, unless you have access to a Native American smoke shop. You can still get them there for less than three dollars a pack. Canada used to be 25 cigarettes per pack, but it's been a while since I bought those awful things. Like smoking a brown paper bag. Laughing

Boy you had a long hard history, sorry to hear that! In Connecticut they are like 10 dollars a pack unless you roll your own which comes down to about 3 - 4 dollars a pack! it all depends. I use to buy in the Ukraine and they were like $20 dollars a carton but it's really against the law now.

Post Tue May 22, 2018 2:03 am   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
genesis2 wrote:
candron wrote:
genesis2 wrote:

Ted i will think about it. A pack of cigarettes with 20 pieces is in Belgium around 7 euro, thats 8.20 dollars. but there are countries it will cost a lot more, also alcohol. Gasoline is 1.65 dollar per liter , thats 1.65 dollar per 0.26 gallon. Carrots about 80 cents a kilo. One kilo is 0.22 pound. Smile Thats quit a store you had on 9/11

Post Tue May 22, 2018 8:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Well if it's any comfort I've turned 40 3 days ago and have been diagnosed with COPD about 3 years ago. And there is rare man specimen in my family that lived over 60. I am smoking while typing this (25 years under the belt) also smoking pipe, and we have cheapest tobacco in Europe: 2 euros for pack of Luckey's , 3 for Marlboro light, And I am rolling my own Golden Virginia (from Holland) which is basically sweetest barley brand you can smoke.

Darth Vader

Post Wed May 23, 2018 3:00 am   Reply with quote         

Soon you will.all sound like me...breathing through this darth vader mask.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Goals for 2018? - Reply to topic