Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

 


Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Is PSC willing to accept AI images - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Yes, one PSC member has proven to be "a bit of an ass" but regardless here's the poll

YES, I'd kill to grab a WIN using a really cool image created by a computer!

0%

0%

[ 0 ]

I'd consider this as long as it's included as an external source by the author.

48%

48%

[ 12 ]

Hell NO! Go crawl back into your hole, troublemaker! harrumph

52%

52%

[ 13 ]

Total Votes: 25

genesis2

Location: PA USA

Post Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:32 pm   Reply with quote         


SplatShot wrote:



I Concur, ... and a poll with only 18 votes can hardly be taken too seriously.




Eve
Site Moderator

Location: Planet Earth

Post Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:37 pm   Reply with quote         


genesis2 wrote:

I Concur, ... and a poll with only 18 votes can hardly be taken too seriously.


Take a look around. There's maybe only 20 ppl on this site now. And the 2 who didn't vote prolly wanted to vote for the 1st option
Rolling Eyes




_________________
If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance!
thank u Tawiskaro
genesis2

Location: PA USA

Post Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:31 am   Reply with quote         


Eve wrote:
genesis2 wrote:

I Concur, ... and a poll with only 18 votes can hardly be taken too seriously.


Take a look around. There's maybe only 20 ppl on this site now. And the 2 who didn't vote prolly wanted to vote for the 1st option
Rolling Eyes


With about 12 regular contributors, and the rest occasional.




genesis2

Location: PA USA

Post Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:33 am   Reply with quote         


But I hope the site stays alive, it is the last of it’s kind.




genesis2

Location: PA USA

Post Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:35 am   Reply with quote         


Now let’s all STFUAC




Post Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:57 pm   Reply with quote         


SplatShot wrote:
Welcome Back, Mason! You create super images! Let's talk Website Spirit. What's it been, 14 yrs. since your last entry? If voters and contest participants are any indication of "Site Spirit", this your last contest (2009) https://photoshopcontest.com/photoshop-contest/2795/three-mysterious-dots.html garnered 54 entries, 899 voters and 61 comments. Today's (2023) and a typical contest of these days, https://photoshopcontest.com/photoshop-contest/1004857/pc-innards.html took in 5 entries, 19 votes, 5 comments. At this rate of decline In your estimation how much longer will the PSC "Spirit" remain more than a vapor of the past?
Mason... Old Yeller's time is at hand. PS's "Generative Fill" (AI) has the potential to evolutionally transform PSC into an alive productive energy, or it could indeed be PSC's final coffin nail. Do nothing and well... I'm certain PSC will suffer the same fate as Old Yeller. So in closing I urge everyone to by any means post images, vote, comment, be active in the forum, use the chat, and submit source material. It's time for action, not excuses! Please Chop, and vote for an image's merit and personal appeal.
"Generative Fill" is incorporated into Adobe's Photoshop. It's here guys! What am I supposed to do, stand on principle and not submit to (AI) even though it sits upon my desktop? Shoot... guess I'll stop obeying those pesky traffic lights as well. How dare they tell me when to Stop! *sarcasm*
By the way, I voted "Hell No" on this threads poll but have since change my mind. And I for one am not afraid of being fooled by AI. Not here, not on this playground. Basketball


Thanks, I'm sure kid me of the past would be thrilled at the compliment for those old chops. To answer your question, I'm always surprised that the site is still going at all despite everything. I commend your spirited optimism in regards to the second coming of PSC. I felt the same way once. If life permitted me the spare time and energy to get back into casual competitive chopping I probably would.
Not really sure if the rest of your post was directed at me or was just being said in general, but let me reiterate what I said previously that I love AI tools and they are certainly going to have a permanent place in the digital artist's toolbox going forward.




_________________
"Recently, NASA scientists discovered that most people love to play video games but hate to die in fiery airplane crashes."
SplatShot

Location: Land of the Free

Post Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:33 pm   Reply with quote         


Quote:
Thanks, I'm sure kid me of the past would be thrilled at the compliment for those old chops. To answer your question, I'm always surprised that the site is still going at all despite everything. I commend your spirited optimism in regards to the second coming of PSC. I felt the same way once. If life permitted me the spare time and energy to get back into casual competitive chopping I probably would.
Not really sure if the rest of your post was directed at me or was just being said in general, but let me reiterate what I said previously that I love AI tools and they are certainly going to have a permanent place in the digital artist's toolbox going forward.


Mason, I'm not quite sure of your logic or the overall point you're trying to make. But you do seem to be enjoying the site (tracking and posting in the forum). Would you consider purchasing a membership as a sign of appreciation? Here's a link https://photoshopcontest.com/advantage/index.html

Thanks for the commendation and have a wonderful day! sunny
Sincerely, SS




_________________

SplatShot

Location: Land of the Free

Post Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:40 pm   Reply with quote         


In The Meantime... I have An Idea!




_________________

Post Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:36 pm   Reply with quote         


SplatShot wrote:
I'm not quite sure of your logic or the overall point you're trying to make.


Ditto. Rolling Eyes




_________________
"Recently, NASA scientists discovered that most people love to play video games but hate to die in fiery airplane crashes."
SplatShot

Location: Land of the Free

Post Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:48 pm   Reply with quote         


mason4300 wrote:
SplatShot wrote:
I'm not quite sure of your logic or the overall point you're trying to make.


Ditto. Rolling Eyes



It's really not that difficult to understand, Mason. If the site is funded it can survive. So think about it and try the link below again. "But you do seem to be enjoying the site (tracking and posting in the forum). Would you consider purchasing a membership as a sign of appreciation? Here's a link https://photoshopcontest.com/advantage/index.html"




_________________

Post Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:10 pm   Reply with quote         


SplatShot wrote:
mason4300 wrote:
SplatShot wrote:
I'm not quite sure of your logic or the overall point you're trying to make.


Ditto. Rolling Eyes



It's really not that difficult to understand, Mason. If the site is funded it can survive. So think about it and try the link below again. "But you do seem to be enjoying the site (tracking and posting in the forum). Would you consider purchasing a membership as a sign of appreciation? Here's a link https://photoshopcontest.com/advantage/index.html"


The more you go on with the faux-friendly, condescending attitude as you keep harassing me about buying a membership in a thread that is about AI-generated art, the more likely I never, ever will. Is that simple enough for you to understand?




_________________
"Recently, NASA scientists discovered that most people love to play video games but hate to die in fiery airplane crashes."
SplatShot

Location: Land of the Free

Post Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:24 am   Reply with quote         


Good to see you part of the mix, Mason!




_________________

Tawiskaro

Location: New York

Post Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:07 am   Reply with quote         






SplatShot

Location: Land of the Free

Post Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:58 am   Reply with quote         


Tawiskaro wrote:


Captain Ted, Is the moral of your post one of survival or demise? salut




_________________

Post Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:58 am   Reply with quote         


SplatShot wrote:
Good to see you part of the mix, Mason!


Yes, now for the love of all that is holy please STFUAC




_________________
"Recently, NASA scientists discovered that most people love to play video games but hate to die in fiery airplane crashes."

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Is PSC willing to accept AI images - Reply to topic

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Navigate PSC
Contests open  completed  winners  prizes  events  rules  rss 
Galleries votes  authentic  skillful  funny  creative  theme  winners 
Interact register  log in/out  forum  chat  user lookup  contact 
Stats monthly leaders  hall of fame  record holders 
PSC advantage  news (rss)  faq  about  links  contact  home 
Help faq  search  new users  tutorials  contact  password 

Adobe, the Adobe logo, Adobe Photoshop, Creative Suite and Illustrator are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Text and images copyright 2000-2006 Photoshop Contest. All rights reserved.
A venture of ExpertRating.com