Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - What was all the fuss about??? - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

creatrix

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:07 am   Reply with quote         

Okay, so there wasn't really any fuss, but I'm a bit baffled here. Please go look at the Cats Eyes contest by votes. And while I appreciate the support and all, I don't really understand why this:

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/134306/adapted.html

(my entry) got as many votes as it did. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it sucks, but I KNOW that some behind it were much better. Eve, monkeytwin, max&roro and kinetic_be (to name just a few) had fewer votes and I like theirs MUCH better than mine. So what am I missing here?

I know this could be taken in a number of bad ways - fishing for compliments, whining about fairness, whatever. The truth is I just don't get it. I mean, at one point, it was in 3rd place. I was glad to see it had dropped - I was seriously considering updating it just to make it lose its position because it was tied with marco last night... and his is MUCH better.

So I guess my point is this: I really liked the anonymous contests... then I could know it was a really good chop and not just a returned vote or a token of friendship. Both are nice and I'm sure offered in good faith, but the anonymous contests removed that pressure.

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:14 am   Reply with quote         

There was a great deal of good entries in that comp Trix, and when you were above me, I had absolutely no problem with it, same as if many others had been. I think you are being a bit harsh on yourself. As I really liked the entry as soon as I saw it, it was original for the comp, and stood out, not to mention a clever use of the source. I would have been dissapointed in you if you had updated to drop a place.

creatrix

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:17 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks, Marco... It's not really that I'm being hard on myself as much as being honest about it, though. I mean, there are a lot of entries in that contest that looked like they took more work and - more importantly - achieved a better result. I guess I hadn't really considered use of source, though... that gives me a bit of an explanation.

Thanks again! Smile

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:25 am   Reply with quote         

sometimes a 5 minute chop done quite well with a killer idea, can kick the ass of a 10 hour painstaking chop with a million layers.... in those cases the creator of the latter can be found swinging from a tree branch usually by the neck Laughing Laughing Laughing

creatrix

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:33 am   Reply with quote         

LOL.... true! Laughing

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:46 am   Reply with quote         

it was a very creative idea imo.... Wink

cherylm329

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:06 am   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
sometimes a 5 minute chop done quite well with a killer idea, can kick the ass of a 10 hour painstaking chop with a million layers.... in those cases the creator of the latter can be found swinging from a tree branch usually by the neck Laughing Laughing Laughing

5 minute chop? Is there such a thing? I wish!Very Happy

ReinMan

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:20 am   Reply with quote         

Create Tricks! Wink Come ON! You know better than trying to analyze the "logic of the average PSC voter" by now.

Just say these magic words: "Thank You".

Very Happy

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:22 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing Laughing
This is a first!

Creatrix, you did a fine job and got recognition for your work.

I'm very happy for you...and everyone else who competed that day.

Very Happy

anabrin

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:25 am   Reply with quote         

It remembered me to one entrie of Eve, which is one of my more faves:
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/111856/votes.html
I dont know if your entrie is better than others, but if it is in that place is because it has something...don't doubt it Wink

cherylm329

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:32 am   Reply with quote         

There are too many people that vote in order for the votes to be mostly friendly or favoritism votes. Images are not only judged by the voters on quality (at least I don't vote that way). I am big on unique ideas and a show of hard work. (even though I didn't vote for yours or rather in that contest) your image is unique and it shows hard work.

Very Happy

dewdew

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:44 am   Reply with quote         

i agree...it sucked........well i thought that was what you wanted to hear. Smile ..just joshing ya......Listen to the Reiny one.....there is no logic here.....Mr.Spock gave this site up just for that reason. alien well.... that and the facty that Marco kept beating him.....Vulcan's are touchy like that....I hope the Vulcan woman from the ENTERPRISE series...(the one with the quantum leap guy) comes here.....Man she looks good in that outfit....just as good as 1 0f 6 (the borg chick) on the next generation series..........ohhhh sorry.....ughhh what was you saying again. Laughing

creatrix

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:48 am   Reply with quote         

I do really like that one of Eve's with the ostrich. And I think the snacking ostrich really makes it.

Oh, dewdew... it's 7 of 9 from the VOYAGER series.

(did my inner nerd pop out again? oops... Wink

Cheryl - I agree. I try to not look at who did an image until I have already decided if I'm going to vote for it.

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:25 pm   Reply with quote         

And, girl, it is time you changed your AVATAR slogan.

We obviously don't HATE you - we now OFFICIALLY LOVE you! Wink

creatrix

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Okay, Mssr. Rein. Better now? Smile I always feel like I need a disclaimer in international groups! Laughing

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - What was all the fuss about??? - Reply to topic