Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Daily standings - Reply to topic

Hal23

Post Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:24 pm   Reply with quote         

As someone said, there is no point in suggesting new ideas but who knows, maybe someone read this from time to time..

Here it is: I would like to see current standing for daily contest, near the votes under thumbnails, and also in the table above the enlarged image.

I know that there is 'most votes' link but why not browsing images on default view without favorizing most votes or recent posts.

This is not real brain storming... lets say it is a light wind with few rain drops.

And for those who will comment that this is stupid idea, ok, it is. So what? Smile

Any other comments?

Post Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:28 pm   Reply with quote         

I try not to say anyones idea is stupid. An idea is an idea. Sometimes you must go through a few "stupid" ideas to come up with a brilliant one. I think you are right about this thread though. It doesn't appear that anyone that ammounts to anything on this site reads it. Even if it was "That's a stupid idea", at least it'd be something.

Post Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:56 pm   Reply with quote         

Hal23 wrote:
As someone said, there is no point in suggesting new ideas but who knows, maybe someone read this from time to time..

Sorry, but this myth has been going on for long enough now.

The fact is, jmh (who runs the site) is very good at reading and following up on user input. If the older threads in the message board hadn't been zapped, you'd see that clearly - he spent a long time consulting with PSCers over changes to the site (also posting some surveys) before he launched the new look and feel. And we had many threads running for site changes and suggestions.

It's only very recently that he's not been present on the boards much, probably because of other projects/updates he's been working on.

I'd suggest any PSC newbies check out jmh's comments on past threads to see he DOES take onboard suggestions made. Best place to start is to check the past threads he posted on - try here (and under the Migrated topics thread) for some of them, but we did lose a chunk of forum stuff during changeover AND after a hacker attack.

Post Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:

Im not sure who suggested that ideas are useless...
let me be the first to tell you that ALL of these brainstorm threads are read by mods and JMH alike.

Please understand that, while every attempt is made to make this a site for everyone, it cannot be designed to incorporate every single idea presented by one or two users.

We are ALWAYS interested in the users input on how the site works, where you think it lacks and where it might be too much, no matter how trivial or whether another users thinks its a "stupid idea"

please continue to provide feedback and ideas whenever you have some.

Showcase

Post Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:58 pm   Reply with quote         

aaah...thanks HTUK!! you have the right of it.

(we were writing at the same time apparently)

HandToolUK

Post Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Showcase wrote:
aaah...thanks HTUK!! you have the right of it.

(we were writing at the same time apparently)

Smile I wasn't sure if a mod was going to step in here, but I've seen this "noone in charge reads any of this stuff" comment several times in the last few days, so I thought it was time an "older" member cleared that misconception up.

Post Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:09 pm   Reply with quote         

yes, I read through and consider everything that I feel is reasonable. This idea is interesting, I am not quite sure of a smooth way to impliment it yet. And is this something that the majority of the psc users need/want?

I have not had much time to work on psc of late, but hope to again soon. I have bookmarked a handfull of topics similar to this though...

MommysBoy

Post Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:23 pm   Reply with quote         

This is good to know. When you read it and don't reply, ppl think you didn't rea it. I feel all better inside.

Post Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Well, it really wasn't my intention to provoke, but thanks to make it clear. I understand that site can't be made for everybodys taste. I could live without the current daily contest position, but if Brain Storming is something similar to wish list and if 5 of 100 ideas pass through then we did the progress.

I consider this good Smile

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Daily standings - Reply to topic