Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Dates on closed contests - Reply to topic

kopeski

Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:58 am   Reply with quote         

I think it would be very helpful to have the date a contest closed on the contest page. When I go back and look at old entries (even my own) I am constantly wondering "When was that". It's like being in a time warp. It could be as simple as putting "Note: This contest is no longer open for additional votes and comments. It ended 2/1/05."
Thanks that's all.

irishstu

Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:00 am   Reply with quote         

Yes please. That would help a lot.

...currently experiencing some dysfunctional internal protocol problems.

http://diystrat.blogspot.com/
HandToolUK

Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:46 am   Reply with quote         

The date on which each contest closed is on the main contests page (in US-style mm-dd-yyyy format, of course! Wink )

Ok, so that makes it a bit more tricky if you're just looking at one entry... maybe having the close date on the main page of each contest as you suggest would be good too.

Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:08 am   Reply with quote         

Learn soeething new every day. Thanks HandToolUK.

kopeski

Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok, this may be whiner, crybaby thinking but....The contest page is very inconvenient. It IS a way to find out the date if you are determined to get it. If you get to an old contest from someones profile, that means you have to go back to the contest page, search through the many pages of them and find the one that you want. It's just not convenient at all....but who ever said life's convenient.

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:19 pm   Reply with quote         

That is my issue with it kopeski, I'd like to see it on the actual contest page itself as well. I have had the exact same problem you just mentioned.

Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:47 pm   Reply with quote         

kopeski wrote:
Ok, this may be whiner, crybaby thinking but....The contest page is very inconvenient. It IS a way to find out the date if you are determined to get it. If you get to an old contest from someones profile, that means you have to go back to the contest page, search through the many pages of them and find the one that you want. It's just not convenient at all....but who ever said life's convenient.

That...and also if you want to find the date of a contest which has been cycled off of the contest page and archived into PSC history.

For example, there's no way to know what the date was for this contest:

http://photoshopcontest.com/photoshop-contest/15/skyline.html

HandToolUK

Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Chopper wrote:
For example, there's no way to know what the date was for this contest:
http://photoshopcontest.com/photoshop-contest/15/skyline.html

Yes there is. You can go back through the past contest pages by changing the number in the url:

• Current last viewable page is photoshopcontest.com/archives/228/photoshop-contests.html

• Increment photoshopcontest.com/archives/xxx/photoshop-contests.html by 12 for each additional page of entries back. (Or more if you want to go way back to the dawn of PSC-civilisation... Wink )

BUT...

I agree with kopeski, billtv, Chopper, etc, that doing all that is a total pain, and having the date of closure on each main contest page would be useful. Smile

As an interesting side point though, look at some of the early, early contests like these. A maximum of 8 entries and 4 votes a day, over 12 days? Seems amazing now! Shocked

Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:07 pm   Reply with quote         

I could live with a text omfrc page listing all the contests & dates.

Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:42 pm   Reply with quote         

HandToolUK wrote:
You can go back through the past contest pages by changing the number in the url:

• Current last viewable page is photoshopcontest.com/archives/228/photoshop-contests.html

• Increment photoshopcontest.com/archives/xxx/photoshop-contests.html by 12 for each additional page of entries back. (Or more if you want to go way back to the dawn of PSC-civilisation... Wink

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle! Thanks HTUK.

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:44 pm   Reply with quote         

And while you're at it, check out the crazy names on some of those very old contests. Freakin crazy!
kopeski

Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:13 pm   Reply with quote         

ha, I didn't proof read my last post.
"omfrc" is what you get when you type "index" with your fingers off 1 key to the right. This could be a whole new language.

js js js

MommysBoy

Post Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:55 am   Reply with quote         

I had the same problem today. Does anyone who can implement something like this ever read this stuff? If thy do, they don't seem to reply very often.

Post Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:18 pm   Reply with quote         

The dates of the contests are now at the top of contest pages.

Post Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:53 pm   Reply with quote         

HandToolUK wrote:

• Increment photoshopcontest.com/archives/xxx/photoshop-contests.html by 12 for each additional page of entries back. (Or more if you want to go way back to the dawn of PSC-civilisation... Wink )

BUT...

So, back in the old days, how did you vote for images that were all the same. Didn't you guys get bored?!

Oh, wait... wrong thread. Hmmm

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Dates on closed contests - Reply to topic