Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - 25 votes, downfall of quality!? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

blue_lurker

Post Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:40 am   Reply with quote         

Vote dont vote
Post dont post
Win dont win
Low or high quality
Friend or foe

Who cares, I joined this site a little over 5 months ago, back then I beleived I was the photoshop king of the internet, like sure.

I came here to interact with others that shared my desire to create/re-create using digital tools. Who cares if your image is of low or high quality if your doing the best you can at your skill level, then great for you. If someone beleives your entry is of low quality then be adult about it and dont vote or if you must prove your higher skills teach them how to do it properly.

I do not consider myself a great chopper or an average chopper, I just enjoy doing the work, yep like the rest it's nice to get the votes and to win some, (Btw have won 2 and the last was a supprise to me.) but when push comes to shove I enjoy the interaction here.

Now I dont know if Im in the friendly voters guild or not and I dont care, I vote for who I want to vote for and more often than not try to leave a comment of some sort. If I find something wrong with someones picture, so what we all make mistakes.

Why dont we all just chill out sit back and smell the digital roses....hang on...hey Rienman go get ya squeeeezebox and strike up a polka.

MommysBoy

Post Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:06 am   Reply with quote         

what blue lurker said (everything except the reinman stuff). He's the man of the hour. He has a plan. Listen to him. Listen to him...man.

Post Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Seconding that, but especially the part about the accordion. Wink

Something to remember: There is no overarching rule that says we are here voting for the most technically excellent photomanipulation. Some days we vote for the post that makes us laugh. Some days we vote for the post that has the most heart. Some days we vote for a post that represents a huge amount of labor.

And here's the beautiful part: There is a new contest every day!
And you have 25 votes to expend however you like. What a gift!

There is no single person or factor, here, that is causing a downfall in quality. The voting represents our mood, as a community. The posts represent our talents, as a community. I think it's fun to step backward and take a look at the community, but if we start being destructive to one another and stop having fun, then I think we've lost sight of why we are here.

ronni3264

Post Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
Ok, I read THAT and got confused- I see a lot of responses that agree too---
the last six weeks alone have seen EASILY IMHO at least three if not FOUR of the best five chops
EVER at PSC!!
Something I find a bit worth being excited about,

Well said Scion!!!

supak0ma

Post Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:04 am   Reply with quote         

Sorry ppl, i usually am not online during the weekend so i could'nt answer sooner.

Mommysboy: your analysis of my early portfolio reflects what i'm trying to say here i guess, i got some votes in the beginning, on did 23 votes and i was on top of the world, that was mostly due to a very lucky find in google, watch the pics after that there's two zero posts and other very low voted pics.

For the others talking about great entries lately, i totally agree, i've never said there wasn't any, the "general quality" applies generally, not to specific entries.

Post Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:17 am   Reply with quote         

Cynn, people come here for many reasons, some of us shoot for technical ability in our posts (some of us are here to learn, not just have fun) and if I'm gonna spend time on making a chop as perfect as I can, why would I vote for someone who can't (or won't) clean their edges or read a tut. Sure the site is about creativity, but if it isn't coupled with skills at photo-manipulation, then it isn't complete. I think a winning entry should have originality, composition, AND skill. Some of the latest high-ranking entries have seriously missed the boat on one or more of those criteria. Would a company approve an add that was a good idea but badly chopped? This site is about creativity and learning, but the contests are (or should be) here for the competition side of it because that's how progress and improvement can be measured. People who have posted a hundred entries (for example) have enough experience that there can be no excuse for leaving a rough edge, or not getting a shadow angle correct. WINNING entries should be very close to perfect.

deshone

Post Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:02 am   Reply with quote         

Well said Yodav !!

ReinMan

Post Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:03 am   Reply with quote         

It is interesting. This thread I mean.

Verrrrrry Interesting.

I am seeing a pattern: there are people here who DON"T VOTE FOR ME because I play ACCORDION.

Seriously people: CLICK HERE (may contain offensive language for some)

P.S. HAPPY VD DAY! I love you all even if you don't vote for SQUEEZIN'! ! ! Very Happy

ReinMan

Post Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:22 pm   Reply with quote         

yes ! bonne Saint Valentin !

and thanks deshone

deshone

Post Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Thx for ?

ScionShade

Post Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:29 pm   Reply with quote         

I said i thought this thread had gotten a little confusing because-
well you can read back a page right?
Anyway--the original theme that some folks felt it was time to go back to ten votes
to end some of the vote trading mayhem and stuff?
Well, I think it is that time.There are images with no source at all,
everyday-- and every couple of days-images where elements were stolen from the advantage post and used (feel free to state your work has been stolen)--
ten vote time?
Anyone agree with this?
or disagree?

ScionShade

Post Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:38 pm   Reply with quote         

also since this thread was dead for nine whole months-- I
think some of our newer members could seriously benefit from reading
...from the start.

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/87169/tortila.html

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/87267/display.html#

I'd also like to point out that Sickleypeople has proudly announced that he was banned from PSC already.

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/87237/magic-boot-of-wonders.html

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/87232/angelinajoliesneckless.html

ReinMan

Post Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:19 pm   Reply with quote         

My accordion playing STILL offends some - mostly those from Germany! Huh..

blue_lurker

Post Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:51 am   Reply with quote         

Hey reindude...I still dont like the squeeezing...but for a mooseman ya ok...

Lord David

Location: Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets, Alpha Quadrant.

Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:58 am   Reply with quote         

Ja ReinMan, einige von den Deutsch aus hasst dort Ihr Akkordeon spielend! Very Happy

Crummy Universal Translator!
Yes ReinMan, some of the German out of your accordion hates there playing! Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - 25 votes, downfall of quality!? - Reply to topic