Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Hey you! Help me to win BIG prizes! - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Fugue

Post Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:14 pm   Reply with quote         

There's a competition in Sydney to win a High-Definition Digital Video Camera and some other cool shit.

All I have to do is:
Quote:
Simply send us a photo of you with an umbrella. The wackiest and most creative entry will win.

...So obviously I want do do something amazing in PS... but what? Damn umbrellas - they're so boring. Can't think of anything good. Gimmee ideas!

Fugue

Post Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:21 pm   Reply with quote         

`
Okay, you may be asking "what's in this for me"... well let's see here... I have half a stick of lip-balm... but put it this way, if I don't get any help, I will keep bumping this thread to the top for a full week and you'll get really sick of it so you may as well help now.

HandToolUK

Post Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Hmm.. you could always try posing with the umbrella protruding from some orifice or other.

I'm sure there are plenty of PSCers who would be happy to help in putting one in place... Laughing

Post Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:30 pm   Reply with quote         

HandToolUK wrote:
Hmm.. you could always try posing with the umbrella protruding from some orifice or other.

I'm sure there are plenty of PSCers who would be happy to help in putting one in place... Laughing

And I bet there are even more who would be willing to Photoshop an umbrella there!!

cafn8d 09/12 @ 09:41 pm

I've been there! Wow, I've been someplace Square's been! That is SO AWESO... what... the SHIV is over? oh... Well, I've still been there... Smile

https://shannonlea1218.wordpress.com/
Cynn

Post Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:42 am   Reply with quote         

Hey.. can you do a "Singing in the Rain" homage?

Fugue

Post Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:26 am   Reply with quote         

`
Okay that's good HT, Cynn, you guys are just warming up. I want more! Too low-brow, HT, and Cynn: not "out there" enough. I need something nobody else will think of

Remember: "wackiest" and "most creative"

C'mon now!

screwloose

Post Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:40 am   Reply with quote         

How about something like this... Using the umbrella as a parachute, and have it blown inside out. That's happened to me a couple times from a strong wind, but it always seems funnier when it happens to somebody else.

Or maybe use the umbrella as a shield for something ridiculous, like a tank or a cannon. Laughing

Fugue

Post Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:14 am   Reply with quote         

`
Yeah, good. I like the shield idea. It would be great if we could work in something topical - like shielding from a tsunami - but that's tasteless. What else?

AtHeaMo

Post Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:14 am   Reply with quote         

A picture of you after sneaking into the locker room of the Australian Football team (not those soccer sissies) and putting up an umbrella over the head of one of the players that is in the shower washing his hair. Twisted Evil

AtHeaMo

Post Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:16 am   Reply with quote         

dunno

Post Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:06 am   Reply with quote         

lay down on some mono-color ground (on your back), the umbrella open and somewhere over your head, holding with both hands. make some weird face expression and take a picture. find a pic out of the door of an airplane with other skydivers in sight and paste yourself in there... or just jump for real with the umbrella Raising Brow ... if thats not wacky...

AtHeaMo

Post Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:57 am   Reply with quote         

good idea dunno!

Laughing

Cynn

Post Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:34 am   Reply with quote         

Is it supposed to be just a candid photo, or can you chop it?

How about something with forced perspective? Tough to do without Photoshop, but it could be pretty cool. Either with the umbrella way in the distance looking tiny in your hand, or with you way in the distance, looking like you're climbing a giant umbrella or something.

Post Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Hold a cat and dog over your head as it rains umbrellas and rubber boots.

(When I think of Australia, that's the picture that comes to mind)

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:35 pm   Reply with quote         

How about making umbrellas growing out from all over your body like a skin disorder and you are in an isolated room with a window in it and a bunch of doctors are looking in with clipboards and such with puzzled looks on their faces.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Hey you! Help me to win BIG prizes! - Reply to topic