Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - it would be nice - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:22 pm   Reply with quote         

it would be nice if some of the old timers stopping in over the next couple of days would take a look at some of the newcomers posts over the last couple of days and leave some comments..i know i for one would really appreaciate it..this kind of opportunity doesn't happen everyday and it would mean alot ---just a thought

chawn2323

Post Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:30 pm   Reply with quote         

I agree. I think that it would be very benificial and would appreiciate any words of wisdom from these experienced folks.

Showcase

Post Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:54 pm   Reply with quote         

I tried that Butch. I even asked people to tell me if my observations were incorrect.
people seemed to get very sensitive.

If a particular user wants to post their image here (or in the "Ask the Experts" forum (keeping in mind that Im by far no expert), but Id be glad to tell them what I find good OR bad about it. let me know.

ReinMan

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:25 am   Reply with quote         

I've had a number of members ask me for critiques over the last year or so. I prefer to handle it in PM's. The main comment area is JUST TOO SENSITIVE.

You you might try something brave and email a couple of the OLD PROs and see what they have to say to you. Most of them are quite sociable and toilet trained. (Except Leif - he'll shit all over you. But it isn't his fault; he is after all from Easternish Canada! Smile

irishstu

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:30 am   Reply with quote         

Good idea is to just leave a comment on your pic saying that you would like constructive criticism. Then you'll be more likely to get it.

...currently experiencing some dysfunctional internal protocol problems.

http://diystrat.blogspot.com/
ReinMan

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:33 am   Reply with quote         

You could leave something inviting like "Let slip the dogs of war" - something like that. I know I'd be compelled to comment with an invitation like that! Very Happy

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:53 am   Reply with quote         

thanks for the replys..i did pm a few of the old members who were more than gracious enough to leave me comments in pm...to them i say thanks..that said i notice today that over 1400 votes were cast yesterday while..less than 700 were cast for the 2 previous days...why is this?..i know the reasons, the question is rhetorical,but it seems to me that if you've benefited from the site in the past as a poster ,it 's meaningful to try to give something back as a critic....i've come to realize that votes arn't wins..what they are is encouragement to go on and to try and keep improving..they're not worth anything after the contest ends so why not use them?..i voted for alot of great posts yesterdy..i also voted for quite a few that i knew weren't the "best" of the day..i do that everyday and try to leave a comment where i feel it's appropriate...why not?..i know it means the world to me when i get a comment or a vote so why not give it back?..it doesn't cost me anything and it makes someone happy..i'm not looking for everyone to think the way i do..i know that's not reasonable or fair..it just makes me wonder what this all means to everyone else here..for me it's been an incredible source of inspiration and learning..if i can give something back by leaving a comment or casting a vote is that so hard?..just an observation

ReinMan

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:13 am   Reply with quote         

I got too much crap for leaving comments by anal people....

since we cant remember who is anal, and who wants comment, just say you want for comments in your posts, I'll be happy to leave some insane shit Wink jk

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:15 am   Reply with quote         

Unlike showcase, I will never leave a comment on a post that might be interpreted as criticism. I have sent a few PM's to people, but even then I wasn't really comfortable doing it.

I guess I listened to my momma when she said, "IF I WANT YOUR OPINION, I'LL ASK FOR IT".

When I was a newbie here, I used to Email Occecid and some of the others and ask them what they thought. If someone PM'd me and asked my opinion of their work, I'd be a more comfortable critic.

So go ahead and PM me if you like.

Holly is a MAN? Wink

ReinMan

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:25 am   Reply with quote         

That is DEFINATELY a male huminoid in Holly's Avatar. Could be a stand in MALE. Or maybe a GOOGLED male. If we can get a urine sample from Holly9000 we could take it to a lab and they'd tell us if it male or female urine. THEN WE'D KNOW! Very Happy

(*rushes off to find a wee little bottle*)

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:54 am   Reply with quote         

you bring up good points..and yes i'm of the male persuasion..aged 43 years..born/ raised new jersey..living on a small island and new to photoshop..but an ex photographer..(back in the day when you had to actually load a camera with this strange and expensive stuff called film)..divorced ..no kids..one cat named snoopy..self employed/film business..6'..220..tattooed...likes long walks and ABBA 8 tracks..holly9000 is the name of the computer from my favorite tv show..Red Dwarf(bbc comedy)..hmm..have i left anything out?..probly alot but if you care to know more feel free to ask-no need for urine Smile

ReinMan

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:56 am   Reply with quote         

SHOW US YOUR TATOOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ronni3264

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:59 am   Reply with quote         

I`m sure Holly is ALL man!!!...lol... Very Happy

and you left out the fact that you are a tattoo artiste...I remembered...

and yes...please do... Wink

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:26 am   Reply with quote         

right now they're hidden under three layers of clothing,six inches of snow and a cat..but when the weather warms up i promise i'll take some pics Wink

Cynn

Post Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:56 am   Reply with quote         

I hate to tell you this, Hol, but Holly has been alternately male and female, in Red Dwarf. In fact, I think she has been female a lot longer.

Er.. not that I would know, or anything. (=stashes her Red Dwarf dog tags=)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - it would be nice - Reply to topic