Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Let's analyze this Reunion - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

MommysBoy

Post Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:33 pm   Reply with quote         

I've looked over the posts by the "old-timers" and I think they are good but what I'm wondering ie, What does that say about this site and the current posters? If these people are so much better than the ppl that are posting on here now, What does it say about this site? Does anyone who has won a contest lately deserve it? Don't get pissed at me for asking this! It reminds me of scrubs playing in the NFL because the players are on strike. Of course, I'm sure I'm the only one who sees this, as usual. I didn't post this to get ppl all pissed off. I am really curious about it. If ppl can show up out of the bowels of the earth and get so many votes, what does that say about regular Joe's?

Post Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:36 pm   Reply with quote         

It says we're never gonna get any respect, and we should find another site.

MommysBoy

Post Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:44 pm   Reply with quote         

I don't think you mean that Cynn. I really am serious. I'm not saying this to be an ass or anything. I haven't had time to look closely at all the posts, just more or less the amt of votes but it made me wonder.

Post Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Rolling Eyes

nancers 02/01 @ 10:51 pm
hacky is funny :D
Cynn

Post Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Well, all I know is, next time somebody has a "Reunion," I'm staying home. Laughing No matter how many times they insist that everybody's invited.

Hey.. maybe we should take a few months off. That seems to be a good vote-getting strategy. Wink

Showcase

Post Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:46 pm   Reply with quote         

(nevermind)

the site is the same as it was yesterday and will be tomorrow...people come and go and hopefully have fun and learn and get votes..thats all. (IMHO)

Cynn

Post Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Message received.

Toldja, Al! Wink

See you around.

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:07 am   Reply with quote         

Showcase wrote:
(nevermind)

the site is the same as it was yesterday and will be tomorrow...people come and go and hopefully have fun and learn and get votes..thats all. (IMHO)

Darn, I really liked that part where (nevermind) is now. It made me feel all nostalgic and stuff.
Showcase

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:11 am   Reply with quote         

sorry bill. apparently the (nevermind) is was expected and Im trying not to offend too many users at once these days.

you are welcome to say the same thing if you like.

or, if momma's boy wants to ask me in a PM, I will tell him what I said.

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:14 am   Reply with quote         

Nah that's ok, I'm really sleepy right about now. the Doodler has poisoned my porridge... Can't breathe...
ReinMan

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:21 am   Reply with quote         

MommysBOY - you shit disturber. I shall withhold your weekly beer rations if you keep this up.

WHAT all this means is that people come here - learn and improve and then sometimes move on to more 'challenging' things. This isn't a PRO site, it is a FUN site. That is just how it is. If you can consistantly get a good vote average happening here it means that you've grasped some good things about image manipulation. That, and $3.67 will buy you a cup of Starbucks coffee! Very Happy

Relax - the oldies aren't trying to show up the newbies. They are actually doing what they like doing - CHOPPING. The fact that they've mastered some serious photoshop licks is (for most of them) due in a large way to the fact that THEY didn't get intimidated when they started at this site ALL THOSE LONG YEARS AGO! They hung in, learned from the winners, and practiced CHOPPING CHOPPING. And if you survey them, you'll find a lot of the really good ones DIDN'T spend a lot of time fussing about on these damn threads! Razz

Okay. I gotta go figure out how to make a tennis net outa that damned router! 'Night y'all! Mr. Green

Showcase

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:22 am   Reply with quote         

thank you reinman. thats pretty much what I said.
WELL SAID.

hacky

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:33 am   Reply with quote         

billtvshow wrote:
...the Doodler has poisoned my porridge...

mmm...porridge...

nancers 02/01 @ 10:51 pm
hacky is funny :D
MommysBoy

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:01 am   Reply with quote         

Reinman, that's a great mixture of humor and intelligence. That's all I was looking for, some decent thoughts on this. If this were a contest, you'd win. Showcase would be disqualifed for wimping out.

I guess I'll go stick my head in the sand and ponder the meaning of artificial fruit.

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:19 am   Reply with quote         

Mommysboy is partially right. As ever it's up eachothers ass again. Sure there are some choppers that make really awesome chops in a skill that I haven't seen here lately. But I also see a lot of average chops and even crap. And guess who's getting the points, the same group as ever, even though I see some average work.

Strange is imo that 12384bob isn't in the first place. Now THAT is chopping. for the rest I see a lot of cut and paste-jobs with blurry, jagged images WITH A LOT OF VOTES. That shows me that it stil isn't about skills but about friends.

So ignore Mommysboy and all others that are criticising on things. That way you'll keep the status quo and lots of points for the average entries you make.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Let's analyze this Reunion - Reply to topic