Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Let's analyze this Reunion - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

screwloose

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:40 am   Reply with quote         

I'm with dewking! I'd also like to thank Nancers for this idea.

This contest had the excited anticipation of a 10yr olds birthday party for me, ha!

I say we do this maybe twice a year!

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:47 am   Reply with quote         

i think it was was great..thanks nancers and all who participated

screwloose

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:22 pm   Reply with quote         

TIME FOR PILLS EVERYONE !!!!!

jerry717

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:50 pm   Reply with quote         

I don't know about anyone else here, but I have always posted for fun...This site has never been about quaility for me. I use PS for a living and can produce quality images in my sleep...it's what I get paid to do. Those who take this site too seriously should get a Life.

I chose to do something simple and funny (at least I thiought so). I wasn't thinking about quality or style or anything else. Since this was a "reunion contest" I thought about what attracted me to this site to begin with. This site was about comedy for me. It was rare that a post in the beginning was not done for comic relief. Some of the people who posted for this reunion contest were some of the funniest people here and always posted great stuff from a comic point of view. More than anything else I would like to see this site come back to that.

Thanks Nancers for stirring the interest and setting it up...and thanks to JMH for making it fair to all by providing the image in advance. I did have fun. For those who are disturbed by the voting results...Too bad.

leif

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:01 pm   Reply with quote         

HAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAH....hahahahhaa....hahahahhaHAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHAHHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you people realize how rediculous you sound!!!

You guys are the type of people that everyone hates playing board games with cus you're to serious about it...

"No... it says in the rules that you have pay 5000$ if you land on the monkey... you're not playing the game right... guys, stop messing around!!!... hey, that peice isn't suposed to go there...WOULD YOU ALL GROW UP!!!"

sound familiar?

well, all you people that are taking this way to seriosly , i only have one thing to say...

you all smell like poo

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:10 pm   Reply with quote         

I agree with Jerry. this site never was a matter of skills. For me, the only contest here is always: "see if i can find the idea nobody had before". (thanks Reinman for listing all these great ideas Wink). It's always a pleasure to vote for a friend, and it's always a pleasure to vote for a surprising, unknown poster.
Thanks Nancers and jmh for this "old jerks" contest...

thbeghin

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:14 pm   Reply with quote         

ok leif, i've 3 votes left. i'll give you one!

leif

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:16 pm   Reply with quote         

OK... i'll give you ALL my votes because your my friend.

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Thbeghin.. have I told you that I love you?

friend?! Wink

Also, i TOTALLY agree with Leif and Jerry. I loved this site when it was about humor, not just about great PS work. I enjoy making posts that will hopefully one day be sent to me in an email about funny "ads that you'll never see", or "great billboards"...

But thats me... Like Jerry, i could create a well photoshopped image with just about any photo, the tough part is making it NOT feel like work. Which is why I try to add humor, sarcasm, and sometimes something that may even offend someone. I like taking that chance and doing something other than what I could do for work... I'd be fired if I went into a marketing meeting with half of the images ive made, but thats the point, its called FUN not work.

So if you want to go quit because you didnt get any votes, go ahead. No one cares.

It was ONE day.... what would happen if everyone that posted yesterday posted EVERYDAY... thats how it used to be, all the "old timers" that posted yesterday, were the only ones this site used to have, and if you didnt get votes, you either worked on your skills and learned from those that did a better job, or you left.

Pick one.

/rant

zebob 06/09 @ 11:14 am
im more of an alethic computer geek that doesnt play sports but is still strong.
GooFY

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Reading through this, I do see one possible interpretation for the original thought presented by MommysBoy. What if some of the oldtimers were inspired by this contest to perhaps drop in and post once in a while? That would give any newbies, hopefully, the inspiration they need to improve their skills and maybe at the same time remind some of the more jaded oldsters what is so great about this site. And it is a great site. And it was an incredible contest. I can't wait to see who wins!

By the way, I can't post or vote, so this is my somewhat objective viewpoint.

I do miss seeing the occasional posts from the old masters. I think what they do does bring everyone up a notch the next time around. And I don't mean to discount some of the newer masters. Some of what I've seen from the so-called newbies is really quite amazing.

(although, I do have to agree that there has been an inordinate amount of vote whining going on lately. ya' vote howya' vote. big deal. to my rather untrained eye, the best posts do wind up winning or at least placing, no matter what)

ReinMan

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:42 pm   Reply with quote         

I personally think this site should staighten up and fly right!

Damnned humor-mongers!
Mad

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:47 pm   Reply with quote         

agreed.
what's better than a staight PSC.

MommysBoy

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey, I'd like to thank all the people who posted that never do anymore too. I agree with Nancers (I think she said it), It's great to see Metalic eating some dust for a change. No offense Metal Man.

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:46 pm   Reply with quote         

DEWKING FOR PRESIDENT OF THE RED ahem HEADLAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HK...................you just got into trouble with stealing my avatar

Heather!

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:49 pm   Reply with quote         

I am always right

Nancers rocks and owns all of you

Led gimme some of those pills

Reunion day was awesome!

Reinman couldnt straighten up and fly right is his life depended on it

Hk is always clueless
mamasboy needs to be locked in the closet WITH his mommy

Leif spilled his barrel full of monkeys in his monopoly box

and we all need a little....

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Let's analyze this Reunion - Reply to topic