Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Current Events - Reply to topic

MommysBoy

Post Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:25 pm   Reply with quote         

I don't really want to get political in this thread but if you mest (and I may if anyone replies), the so be it. I'd like to discuss things like gas prices, Terri Schiavo, BTK, or John Evander Couey (this bastard should die and I'd be happy to do it), This may be political but who can argue against the fact that this man muct die? There isn't anything anyone could say to convince me otherwise. Anyway, that's what I'd like to discuss here. Views from different parts of the world on current events, not a bunch of crap talk.

Post Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Concerning Terri Schiavo, whether or not she should be allowed to die, is it right to allow her to starve or thirst to death? This seems most cruel. They say she didn't want to be kept alive on life support but would she have said she wanted to starve to death? I know I'd rather be injected with something that wouldn't drag out like that. Executed killers are treated better than that.

Post Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:43 pm   Reply with quote         

um well said!!

donno what you are talking about .. but well said...
STarve them!!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil

1337hax0r 01/26 @ 04:08 pm
heather let's put all of this behind us, and just fuck till we're blue in the face
MommysBoy

Post Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Ha Basil, thanks. What about gas? You know what that is. Not intestinal gas. Gas was 2.12/ US dollars gallon for me today. Is it high everywhere or just in US?

Here's what I was taling about anyway
http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/03/23/schiavo/index.html

Post Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:41 am   Reply with quote         

Mrs Schiavo does not have the brain-function to feel pain, so what's the problem? There's no "suffering". I'm sure they'd prefer to kill her another way, but there are laws against "active euthanasia" you can only euthanase by in-action, ie: not feeding, watering.

...but if there's no suffering, she may as well be kept alive anyway - but it won't be for her benefit, it'll be for the rest of her family who seem to need a 3 dimensional, breathing shell of the person she once was, to comfort themselves with. Weird. When she does die, maybe they'll have her stuffed and mounted too.

supak0ma

Post Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:38 am   Reply with quote         

gas price here is crazy, in gallons it should be around 4-4.50 Us a gallon, bad news is i've heard the other day the oil producers aim at a price per barrel of 80 dollars Shocked

MommysBoy

Post Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:50 am   Reply with quote         

Fugue, all that makes sense. It's kinda hard for me to imagine she can feel no pain but I sure couldn't argue with it. I guess they could take her up in an airplane, put a parachute on her, let her fall out the door and tell her to pull the ripcord. If she doesn't pull it, it will be her fault she was killed. She'd probably survive the fall though.

supak0ma, that does sound crazy. What is the "normal" price of gas there? I guess by normal I mean the price where people don't complain much and just accept it. If the world could only find a way to bring the demand down. I guess they'd just lower the supply.

Post Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:52 am   Reply with quote         

the normal price is what oil companies decide, who are you gonna complain to? plus the demand won't go down until they say so, or when they find something equally or more profitable to sell us.

1337hax0r

Post Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:42 pm   Reply with quote         

gas prices here right now range from $2.30 - $2.50.....though i've seen ithem as high as $2.70.

you can bet your bottom dollar that once the summer driving season hits.....the price will get above $3.00 no problems at all. Crying or Very sad

terry schiavo....who's paying to keep her alive all of these years?
i have a feeling it's the us the taxpayers.

so here is the deal...

a.) i really feel that the current technology we have to diagnose these types of problems is accurate.

b.) ask yourself this question. would you want to be kept alive like this?

c.) fugue's point drives the hammer into the nail.

sage

Post Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:47 pm   Reply with quote         

Gas prices here (Montreal) differ according to your location on the Island. On my way to work yesterday, I saw the price of a litre stem anywhere between 88.4 to 98.4 cents/litre. (how they charge the .4 cents is beyond me.) Let's see...2.2 litres to the gallon, exchange rate today....I'm guessing here, but it's about 2.50/gallon. (If anyone's math is better than mine, please, by all means...) I expect the price to surpass the $1.00 mark per litre this summer. I remember thinking 52 cents/litre was ridiculously high.

As for Mrs. Shiavo...I'll have to get back to you on that one because, I confess, I am not really up to date on what's going on there. But, in my so far uneducated opinion on the matter, I can only say: what's up with the parents? What are their motives for fighting to keep their daughter alive in this condition? Like I said, I'll get back to you once I learn more.

ReinMan

Post Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:47 pm   Reply with quote         

Gas: in Vancouver Canada area - $0.95 per litre. About the same as Montreal. I can't do the math. But I can safely say it is a lot less than Italy.

Supa - isn't Italy a small country (compaired to the Hideous Magesty of Canada)? Can't you guys walk to wherever you are going? Seems kinda INSANE to be paying the price of two beers just to drive a few kilometers!

As to youthanasia, and being kept alive by technology only. Tough question. Darth Vader would be a good dude to ask about this. He gets cut to pieces and some doctors put him in a special suit to keep him alive and then he tries to take over the whole Universe. Seems to me that in his case they shoulda let him go...

The young woman in question is a difficult situation. To me it is not only the question of her right to die in a resonably humane and dignified way, but also the question of the media having such a circus of it. As they do with everything.

Oh, and lets also talk about badgers and all things CHEESE! Please?

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Current Events - Reply to topic