Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - More or Less? - Reply to topic

If there were no votes to give or receive, I would submit ___________ images in the next 30 days as I did in the last 30 days.

the same amount of

38%

38%

[ 8 ]

less

23%

23%

[ 5 ]

zero

14%

14%

[ 3 ]

I hardly ever post anyway

23%

23%

[ 5 ]

Total Votes: 21

Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:02 pm   Reply with quote         

a poll.
the question:

If there were no votes to give or receive, I would submit ___________ images in the next 30 days as I did in the last 30 days.

What about you? would you post the same amount of images, less, none or do you hardly ever post anyway so who cares?

Please comment this time as to what you voted and why. And for crusaders sake, be TRUTHFUL.

zed

Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:20 pm   Reply with quote         

I voted 'I hardly post at all'. Why? Well, because that's the truth.

SwordOfTruth wrote:

What about you? would you post the same amount of images, less, none or do you hardly ever post anyway so who cares?

Cares about what? I'll assume you are referring to the issue raised in the 'Noble Cause' thread in which case I would say I think it is an important point even tho I haven't posted much.

1337hax0r

Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:23 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:

i would submit the same amount of images

the votes use to matter to me when i first began posting. but now i only try to better my previous post....the key word here is "try"

it's a learning experience for me...so the votes...even though they're nice....aren't really necessary for me to enjoy mine and other members posts.[/b][/quote]

Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:26 pm   Reply with quote         

ok Zed and Hax. Thanks.

Hax, posting once this month (I think it can't be more too much more than that) won't be too hard to keep up this coming month. Maybe you should have voted that you hardly ever post. I don't know. maybe?

This post was for those that actively post week after week after week. Thats why I added the option. Anyway, thanks for contributing.

ronni3264

Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:28 pm   Reply with quote         

as far as votes go, I just don`t care anymore...I only post now when the source really moves me and I can come up with an idea (That I feel is worthwhile) immediately... Rolling Eyes

1337hax0r

Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
Hax, posting once this month (I think it can't be more too much more than that) won't be too hard to keep up this coming month. Maybe you should have voted that you hardly ever post. I don't know. maybe?

that is a good point...however i do plan on contributing more.
i did have 27 posts before i was forced to take a "time out"....and when i was allowed back on the site i had to start from scratch...

i just got my new powerbook, and have not had a computer at home or an internet connection at home in years. all of my posts were done at work during my lunch hour.

i do plan on chopping more.....this weeks lot of images looks good.....in fact sundays image is one i can relate to....and will be posting.

i like what you're doing here SOT.....

thanks and take care

Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Hax, really, thanks for participating but the poll was related to whether the lack of a voting system on this site would affect how often you submit an image to a forum/contest.

You have answered the same amount (which is really only one image in the next month) based, not on whether there would be votes to get, but that you might have more time to chop with your new mac (that you've had for the past month and still only entered one contest). you fucked it up already.

WTF!!

1337hax0r

Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:54 pm   Reply with quote         

SwordOfTruth wrote:
Hax, really, thanks for participating but the poll was related to whether the lack of a voting system on this site would affect how often you submit an image to a forum/contest.

You have answered the same amount (which is really only one image in the next month) based, not on whether there would be votes to get, but that you might have more time to chop with your new mac (that you've had for the past month and still only entered one contest). you fucked it up already.

WTF!!

you're right i fucked it up....you may need to start a new poll...
could a mod change my vote on this poll to "I hardly ever post anyway"

thank you
hax

phoenixtilt

Post Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:09 am   Reply with quote         

I post cause I like to do it...if it gets votes GREAT if it don't oh well if i do win nothing it dont matter to me..I just like to learn how to use my program more and that is what this is doing...helping me learn...and i get to meet hott chicks like ronni...lol

What you dont know how to use the three sea shells
1337hax0r

Post Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:12 am   Reply with quote         

phoenixtilt wrote:
i get to meet hott chicks like ronni...

exactly! Very Happy

sage

Post Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:28 am   Reply with quote         

I would post the same amount. In my opinion, this is a site about sharing and appreciating each other's ideas. I personally enjoy seeing what others imagine given the same image to work on. I laugh, I cry, I say "oh my" when I view entries. The "cyber pats on the back" are secondary. Votes should not be a cause for intimidation. I think that the seasoned choppers of the world should encourage the young'uns by suggesting ways to improve their chops; the young'uns should feel comfortable enough to post entries without the fear of being ridiculed for their efforts. We're not changing the world here, we're sharing a passion. Group hug.

Post Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:32 am   Reply with quote         

Sage, you get the "Best Input (to date)" Award! thank you. well said. seriously.
thank you.

patim

Post Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:39 am   Reply with quote         

Voted for the same amount. As I told earlier, couldn't care less if They don't vote at all for my pic. It makes it somehow more exciting to have some kinda competition, but I rather like it when people comment on it so I can improve my skills.

Post Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:10 pm   Reply with quote         

So, at nearly half the site members (using the poll results as of today) feel that they would post less or not at all if there weren't votes to be had.

Here's the way I see it. The ones that are voting for just anything because it was a pretty stock image and, hey, they have 25 votes, and hey, they have friends that need encouragement are the ones that are ruining the contest nature of PSC.

Do I see that right? Are the users that do play for votes receiving a bum deal because there are a bunch of users that don't feel it's a competition and that they just do it for fun so they vote for fun?

Do any of you see my point?

Post Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Either you are all dumber than I thought or I'm getting the cold e-shoulder.

Competitors that would like a "Contest" where they compete in a friendly nature to be the best of their peers in a daily contest of image editing are being shafted because votes, according to many of you, are not meant to pick the best PSC entry but to encourage those that aren't that good and to pat our friends on the back.

All this shafting of half the site members while the other half is here just for fun and encouragement. All the while, crying that they are, in fact, the ones being held back from enjoying the site as it was meant to be. A site where we don't encourage originality, creativity and/or better photoshop skills, but one where we are deceiving our peers into thinking they have accomplished something by loading then up with gratuitous, outrageaous praise (bullshit, as it may be) for simply posting someone else's image.

Well, I will live happy knowing I, at least, am right and half you people can fell good about yourselves thinking you have what it takes to win (or come close) a real contest around here.

Thanks to everyone that contributed to this thread, whether I agreed with you or not.

See you at the next poll. I'm looking forward to more "you're just an alias and don't belong here" arguments.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - More or Less? - Reply to topic