Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - I want to get started... - Reply to topic

olhobemaberto

Post Tue May 03, 2005 9:49 am   Reply with quote         

Hey everyone,
I'm new to all of this. i recently downloaded the photoshop and im still discovering what can be done with it.
I would love to start entering the contests i saw in the Contests page, how can i do that?
for example, is it still possible to enter the contest "On coming Train"? I ask this coz i saw that there are already votes there... so i don't know if i can enter the contest or not.

Please help me Smile

Olho bem aberto...
billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Tue May 03, 2005 9:54 am   Reply with quote         

There are always three active contests in which you can enter. Each day, a contest closes for posting and voting at 8:00am est and a new contest opens for posting and voting at 8:00am. You can post in any active contest, which currently includes the train contest. You just need to work on the picture in a creative way and then go to that contest page and scroll to the bottom. You will then see a form to enter your picture. You will need to browse to your image on your computer, enter in any information about the picture that you want to, and then submit. There are tutorials on this site that can help you get acquainted with ps even more and you can also learn a lot just by looking back at older contests.
olhobemaberto

Post Tue May 03, 2005 10:27 am   Reply with quote         

thank you very much for the tips Smile they were very helpfull Smile see you again soon

Olho bem aberto...
arcaico

Post Tue May 03, 2005 10:31 am   Reply with quote         

seja benvindo eyewideopen! Wink

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Cynn

Post Tue May 03, 2005 10:35 am   Reply with quote         

(Is that Italian or Spanish? I was thinking Spanish, but the spelling isn't quite right, so.. Italian?)

olhobemaberto

Post Tue May 03, 2005 10:43 am   Reply with quote         

No Cynn, that's portuguese Smile a bit similar to spanish.

Obrigado arcaico! Smile já sei quem procurar se precisar de ajuda né?

Olho bem aberto...
sage

Post Tue May 03, 2005 10:51 am   Reply with quote         

Cynn wrote:
(Is that Italian or Spanish? I was thinking Spanish, but the spelling isn't quite right, so.. Italian?)

It's actually Spanish as spoken with a hot potato in your mouth Laughing

(Just kidding, my portuguese friends! (Eu falo também o português) Cool

arcaico

Post Tue May 03, 2005 10:57 am   Reply with quote         

yay! I didn't know that sage...

oba (olhobemaberto is too long... lol) you can't count on me if ya need something... by the way, nice Jim Morrison quote ya have in yer sig...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Tue May 03, 2005 11:10 am   Reply with quote         

sage wrote:

It's actually Spanish as spoken with a hot potato in your mouth Laughing

Ha! Yes!
olhobemaberto

Post Tue May 03, 2005 11:18 am   Reply with quote         

actually thats what we say about spanish Razz lol

you can call me OBA if its easier for you no problemo! Smile

tonight i'm gonna sit down and try to understand Photoshop... and do something for the train contest.

Answer this question:
can i copy that train image and paste it inside another picture? or is it only possible to make changes inside the picture given?

Olho bem aberto...
AEaglenFitch

Post Tue May 03, 2005 11:19 am   Reply with quote         

hola grande cha-cha's! <all the spanish i know...

ReinMan

Post Tue May 03, 2005 11:28 am   Reply with quote         

olhobemaberto wrote:

Answer this question:
can i copy that train image and paste it inside another picture? or is it only possible to make changes inside the picture given?

Howdy!

You must be patient with yourself... even if you are a rocket scientist you will have many years of enjoying the mysteries of PhotoShop. Wink

There are many tutorials on PS (Photoshop) on the WWW. Go take a look at them. But you might start here on this site - click the tutorial button at the top of this page. There are great tips there. I suggest that you take a day and go through them all before you start going into the contests - give yourself some time to get comfy with your new friend PS! Don't worry - we will all be here when you are ready to put up your 1st post!

Ciao Now!

Reinier d.

olhobemaberto

Post Tue May 03, 2005 11:42 am   Reply with quote         

Yeah you're right, i should slow down my horses, and take a small step at a time...
but i hate reading tutorials and instructions... i like to explore the programs by my self experimenting stuff... pressing buttons... and sometimes crap happens.. lol Smile but i'll print the tutorials from this page and read them first. Thank you all ! i like this forum, everyone here seems friendly.

Olho bem aberto...

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - I want to get started... - Reply to topic