Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Non-posting in Tourney... - Reply to topic

OneChiefRocker

Post Tue May 03, 2005 11:02 am   Reply with quote         

People who do not post anything in a tourney because they can not think of ideas/themes or didn't have time should not be allowed to enter for the next tourney. Thoughts??

Post Tue May 03, 2005 11:18 am   Reply with quote         

no, then it would never end and suppose the total for the next h2h was un even then what would happen, the h2h is for the best of the best to compete, if you can't think of SOMETHING then you're not the best, not to sound mean or nething, but thats what i think

ReinMan

Post Tue May 03, 2005 11:33 am   Reply with quote         

Sometimes it is difficult to keep time open for these things. Some members here have LOTS of TIME on their hands and some of us (especially those of us who are self employed) don't have much spare time.

It has happened to me that I'm really ready to do a contest, but then a couple clients need stuff RIGHT AWAY - and guess what? The choice between taking a couple hours or more to chop for a contest OR take a couple hours to make a $100 bucks becomes no choice at all! Smile

In the end - we all do what we do here. If you are really wondering why someone didn't post, send them a private PM and find out.

I'm just glad that that SpenceJ took me out in the first round or else I'd be losing TONS of MONEY spending time KICKING EVERYONE ELSES ASSES in the contest Wink

OneChiefRocker

Post Tue May 03, 2005 11:39 am   Reply with quote         

Cool. I was just curious. and I guess pissed beacuse I missed the contest, and it kills me not to see any entries..but I understand the time issue. Thanks.

Post Tue May 03, 2005 12:36 pm   Reply with quote         

and remember, thats 100$ canadian bucks! woo Wink

YerPalAl

Post Tue May 03, 2005 3:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Canadian bucks . . . . . does that go with Canadian happy beavers?

Post Tue May 03, 2005 7:35 pm   Reply with quote         

isnt a 100 Canadian about the equivenlent of buying a corona in the states?
Im glad i saved you so much money, Reinman, does mean i get my cut next week in the mail? BTW rein... see my new siggy?

zebob

Post Tue May 03, 2005 7:47 pm   Reply with quote         

ha ha nice sig

Post Wed May 04, 2005 2:03 am   Reply with quote         

Spence: yup - we are both carrying the MARK O' Th' LOSER!

But I got news for all you YANKS - $100 Canadian buys LOTS of HIGH QUALITY BEER - all you have to do is fight your way through the driving snow, and avoid the hostile local savages... but SUCH BEER YOU'VE NEVER TASTED!

Okay. I'm done now. Thanks for listening! Very Happy

Post Fri May 06, 2005 1:41 pm   Reply with quote         

OneChiefRocker wrote:
People who do not post anything in a tourney because they can not think of ideas/themes or didn't have time should not be allowed to enter for the next tourney. Thoughts??

Yeah, what's funny about this is that I competed against a "I had no time/had no ideas." and the best part is that it got 7 votes... Damn, that hurts. Losing votes to a quitter is just wrong somehow.

I spent so long on that post, too.

Oh well, on to the next round...

Post Sat May 07, 2005 12:28 am   Reply with quote         

OneChiefRocker wrote:

I think you meant to say "because they can't find any one of a thousand good ideas directly from getty, make a 5 minute change and successfully blow your competition away with it".

Perhaps these people with no idea actually tried to come up with something original that required a bit of work that they just couldn't find the time for. Not everyone relies on Getty, especially for a tournament designed to end with the best of the best.

Post Sat May 07, 2005 12:39 am   Reply with quote         

kevindey wrote:
OneChiefRocker wrote:

Yeah, what's funny about this is that I competed against a "I had no time/had no ideas." and the best part is that it got 7 votes... Damn, that hurts. Losing votes to a quitter is just wrong somehow.

Yeah, what's really funny is that there were only 6 votes, not 7. Don't lie Kevin. Then, to top it off Kevin, you even voted for it in addition to RonniXXXX whom we all know to be a bit off her housewife rocker and shouldn't be held accountable for her actions.

Whatever the case, these 6 should not be allowed to vote in the next tourney? Thoughts??

Post Sat May 07, 2005 9:54 am   Reply with quote         

SwordOfTruth wrote:
kevindey wrote:
OneChiefRocker wrote:

Yeah, what's really funny is that there were only 6 votes, not 7. Don't lie Kevin. Then, to top it off Kevin, you even voted for it in addition to RonniXXXX whom we all know to be a bit off her housewife rocker and shouldn't be held accountable for her actions.

Whatever the case, these 6 should not be allowed to vote in the next tourney? Thoughts??

Wow, I could have sworn that said seven.. I guess I'm losing my mind. I guess I'm a fibber. That, or it's a conspiracy.. yeah... that's it. Conspiracy.

I don't think these voters should be banned from the tournament. That's just ridiculous. If the popular vote wants to vote for some lame text instead of my entry, fine. Then I failed to get the votes and I lose.

It does say, though, when you register for the tournament, that if you don't have the time, don't register. In qqqqqq's case, I was more upset that it was the third round and that he(?) said he had no ideas. That's a load of Grade-A bologna. Lots of times I don't have ideas. That's when you think and be creative. Do you actually think I saw those cymbals and said, "Yes, that should be a candle holder."? No, I played with the image a lot, and have lots of trashed entries that may have taken some time, but just weren't good enough. I think qqqqqq's lack of creativity deserves to lose. But who am I to say. I'm just one vote. And, actually, I was one of the votes for qqqqqq. I commented on how lame the entry was and the comment didn't come through (Grr!)

I'm not mad, just a little disappointed. I like being pitted up against competition and winning. The challenge is what is fun.

ScionShade

Post Sat May 07, 2005 10:12 am   Reply with quote         

when you register for the tournament, that if you don't have the time, don't register. -
actually--jmh's thread did say that. That's why I aint in Smile

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Non-posting in Tourney... - Reply to topic