Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Hi PSC people, PLEASE HELP me with something, a GOOD DEED - Reply to topic

cheezy

Post Thu May 05, 2005 6:18 pm   Reply with quote         

I haven't been here in so long, some pretty bad stuff has been going on in my world. I haven't forgotten how fun it is to play here... someday I hope to come back to those happy times.

I am asking for your help in forwarding an email to help my 5 yr old niece Cindy. It really would only make sense for the US folks, just a geography thing. It's not a request for money or anything like that. I just need help forwarding an email to accomplish a task to get my niece a blood drive.

An explanation of what's going on is explained here: http://www.helpcindy.com

All you have to do is write to the addy on her site with SEND ME THE EMAIL in the subj line. I will reply with an email to forward to your family, friends, co-workers, etc. This is all I'm asking you to do. Even if you don't live in So. Cal, I figure everyone might know one person, and they know one, etc. etc.

I PROMISE AND GUARANTEE I will not use your email address for ANYTHING at all but to reply to it with the info I need to get out in cyberspace. I am not going to use them for anything like spam, selling it, etc. I am just trying to contact as many people as possible in a short amount of time. THANK YOU in advance if you can help me with this. I hope to be back to PSC soon when life is good again.

Sad

ReinMan

Post Thu May 05, 2005 6:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Sounds like you've got much more important challenges than chopping a Persian carpet. God Bless you and yours, Cheezy, and hope you get back here Sooner rather than Later!

Post Thu May 05, 2005 6:56 pm   Reply with quote         

god bless - i'll put you and yours in my prayers

Chukn8r

Post Fri May 06, 2005 1:36 am   Reply with quote         

Well, I'm not in Southern Calif, and I can't give blood (hepatitis in the past) but I have
family and friends in Orange County and I'll try and light a fire under 'em for ya.

cheezy

Post Fri May 06, 2005 3:41 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks for your well wishes...

and Reinman, you can always make me laugh. I need that right now. "chopping a persian carpet" got me a giggle.

I'd like to chop something right now, with my hand though... and something that can't chop back. I'm a weeee bit frustrated with the hospital red tape mumbo jumbo. They want me to show them a list of willing donors before they agree to do the drive. But how do you get a list of donors when you can't tell them time, date & place?

It's kinda making me nutso in a time I'm under enough stress. I did get 26 people today to say "maybe" and I'm just going to submit those as the first list. I really can't see a difference if THOSE particular people give the blood, or I advertise and get 40 other people who do... if I could only advertise it!! How do you advertise "I might have a blood drive" on the news? "Today's story, there might be a blood drive, stay tuned"

(I hope this makes sense)

argh. Ok, done with my rant. Thanks everyone, if you want to help me by forwarding the email, just write me at info@helpcindy.com with the subj line "I will help forward email".

You will get GOOD KHARMA just for going click clik click. Smile

Post Fri May 06, 2005 9:43 am   Reply with quote         

This message brought to you by all the members of the PSC who support cindy Smile

cheezy

Post Fri May 06, 2005 8:52 pm   Reply with quote         

THAT JUST ALMOST MADE ME CRY!

I have been so tired, frustrated with bureaucracy and red tape, and just plain worn out to do any chopping even in the name of CINDY.

I assume I can add this to her website? purdy please? It made me so happy to see this!!

Post Fri May 06, 2005 9:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Sure cheezy,

Your welcome to use it. I touched up cindy's skin tone a little for this so the picture looks a little better. Good luck and god bless you and cindy Smile

-dbbowling

Square

Post Fri May 06, 2005 11:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Cheezy! So nice to see you around again, my friend! I live in New York, but if it'd help your little one there, I'd be more than happy to say I'll come to the blood drive. In fact, if they'll foot the plane ticket bill, I'll come out and draw the blood personally (I have a great technique!). I'm off to check out that link, and to see what else I can do to help lift the spirits of you and yours. Smile

cafn8d 09/12 @ 09:41 pm

I've been there! Wow, I've been someplace Square's been! That is SO AWESO... what... the SHIV is over? oh... Well, I've still been there... Smile

https://shannonlea1218.wordpress.com/
cheezy

Post Sat May 07, 2005 10:15 pm   Reply with quote         

edited to say:

I have updated Cindy's website with your graphic DB

http://www.helpcindy.com it looks super!

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Hi PSC people, PLEASE HELP me with something, a GOOD DEED - Reply to topic