Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Worth1000 vs PSC - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Tue May 10, 2005 8:32 am   Reply with quote         

I like browsing the work at Worth1000, but never have desired to enter that bad. I know Meeshoo Klan won the very first contest he entered there.
bluefist
Site Moderator

Post Tue May 10, 2005 10:32 am   Reply with quote         

OneChiefRocker wrote:
Tasks are cool, specs and rules make it more interesting, weeds out the bogus entries...but sometimes I like the bogus entries..ahhh Whoa-is-me Confused

PSC more user friendly. and better design. Rock on!.

Worthless1000 has great work on it. That's irrefutable.

What else is without question though, is that the guy that runs it.....ONLY CARES ABOUT TAKING YOUR MONEY & PUBLISHING YOUR ARTWORK IN BOOKS TO LINE HIS OWN POCKET. Period.

Avi's in it for the money. JMH isn't.

You can play here for free & win. You don't have to sign a 7000 word agreement signing all your rights away.

I could go on, but won't. They suck.

OneChiefRocker

Post Tue May 10, 2005 1:35 pm   Reply with quote         

bluefist wrote:
OneChiefRocker wrote:
Tasks are cool, specs and rules make it more interesting, weeds out the bogus entries...but sometimes I like the bogus entries..ahhh Whoa-is-me Confused

PSC more user friendly. and better design. Rock on!.

Worthless1000 has great work on it. That's irrefutable.

What else is without question though, is that the guy that runs it.....ONLY CARES ABOUT TAKING YOUR MONEY & PUBLISHING YOUR ARTWORK IN BOOKS TO LINE HIS OWN POCKET. Period.

Avi's in it for the money. JMH isn't.

You can play here for free & win. You don't have to sign a 7000 word agreement signing all your rights away.

I could go on, but won't. They suck.

Good point! Free is better.

Post Tue May 10, 2005 6:18 pm   Reply with quote         

One more time OCR, W1k is FREE.

Tapewormproject

Post Tue May 10, 2005 6:30 pm   Reply with quote         

I thought you needed to buy credits to enter contests, and the cool contests costs 10 credits to enter. Am I wrong Fugue? I just signed up a few days ago and was majorly turned off by this money spending feature.

Ms_Nicole

Post Tue May 10, 2005 6:46 pm   Reply with quote         

OneChiefRocker- yes I found you name at worth1000. I have a question. If you sign up there and get 10 points and use them what stops you from sign up under another name and get 10 more points? (Sorry for my mistakes I usually make in English)

Fugue

Post Tue May 10, 2005 6:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Indeed you are wrong, TWP. The credits is like gambling on the side. You can enter without them, or you can offer up your entry for other members to sponsor (in which case you share the winnings).

NO CREDITS NECESSARY TO ENTER AND WIN

Tapewormproject

Post Tue May 10, 2005 6:52 pm   Reply with quote         

wow, so whats the point of the stinkin' credits? lol

by the way, love the abreviation, TWP. I didnt know who you were talking to... Laughing

dewking

Post Tue May 10, 2005 6:54 pm   Reply with quote         

huh... i always thought you had to buy credits to enter contests... thats why I never bothered to enter...

well whaddya know.

Though most of my posts would probably be too "cliche" or "taboo" to be posted over there...

zebob 06/09 @ 11:14 am
im more of an alethic computer geek that doesnt play sports but is still strong.

Post Tue May 10, 2005 7:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Great thread...I've always been wondering how that site stacks up to this one. I think w1k is more of a "photomanipulation" site, because of the restricted theme, while ours is more artistic. Here, I like seeing how two people can see something entirely different in a given source photo. Over there, there's less variability...I saw one contest where you had to change the material of an object, and there must've been like a dozen ice/glass entries. Still, the best choppers there really are astounding. No wonder the website steals their work and profits from it.

Fugue

Post Tue May 10, 2005 9:56 pm   Reply with quote         

TWP wrote:
so whats the point of the stinkin' credits? lol

So you can buy stinkin' W1K merchandise.

Feral, you don't think having to use a source image is more restrictive than having to use a theme? Whatever. Whether theme or source, both are open to wide interpretation. W1K do both theme-based comps and source-based (just like here). You can also compete for corporate contests (eg: to create a new logo) - again, no entry fee, but you win cash.

I wouldn't say there was any stealing going on - the ONE book that has been published by W1K used seperate contests with specific conditions set out clearly (you also had to make your entry to a higher resolution for printing and guarantee no copyright violations). Each artist is clearly acknowledged on each page and artists wrote the tutorials too. The cover lists the author as "Avi Muchnick and the Worth1000com Artists". I don't know what other rewards the artists got, if any, but nothing's been stolen.

I wonder if W1K members are as paranoid as some of us here?

Cynn

Post Tue May 10, 2005 10:05 pm   Reply with quote         

I think PSC is beautifully designed and organized, and I really like having my source photo provided. I have to admit I *did* sign up for W1K, but I dislike the idea of my work being sold for somebody else's profit, and I also think the navigation is cumbersome and confusing.

I like the elegance of PSC. It's just way more intuitive and easy to understand, and member work is featured in a more flattering way--like a gallery.

Fugue

Post Tue May 10, 2005 10:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Well guess what, you do not sign away the rights to your artwork at W1K, only a licence to publish content for site advertising purposes (and include artist's credit).

You have the option to opt-in for the sale of your content on t-shirts, mugs etc and receive a share (up to 50%) of the net profit, but that's entirely optional.

You always retain copyright and ownership in the above cases.

OneChiefRocker

Post Tue May 10, 2005 10:14 pm   Reply with quote         

hmmm....awesome.

Post Tue May 10, 2005 10:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Fugue wrote:
I wonder if W1K members are as paranoid as some of us here?

Why would you say that? Do they say we're paranoid? I bet they do. I bet they all do.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Worth1000 vs PSC - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.