Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Launch of Site that My Friends At PSC Helped Build! :D - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

AtHeaMo

Post Fri May 27, 2005 9:02 am   Reply with quote         

from a distance, that looks like someone that is mooning his red ass... Confused

nevet

Post Fri May 27, 2005 9:56 am   Reply with quote         

hmmmmm... they all looks to me like logos for an eye doctor or optometrist or something...
i just think that photography is more of an arty thing... so maybe you can use some more fluent and not-so-defined shapes but still keep it clean...
out of your logos i would go for 9b...
10 just reminds me too much of the place i buy my glasses at Wink
11 could work too
that is my very unexperienced opinion for you Smile

ReinMan

Post Fri May 27, 2005 10:19 am   Reply with quote         

SEMI-FINALISTS ARE HERE

Okay. I have been getting some amazing feedback and ideas from a LOT of people over the last couple days. I've gotten great response from my peeps here at PSC, and I've been ruthlessly asking friends and neighbors their input as well.

It is AMAZING how diversified the LOGO DESIGN field is! I have some very respected designer friends, and it is interesting to watch them give very intelligent yet opposite input on all fronts! I've never approached a project like this before and it is certainly showing me that there are rules for THEM and rules for US and rules for THE OTHER GUYS... but in the end it comes down to what I (as the "client" in this case) like and believe in.

Well, I'm getting down to the final batch. (There are a couple in there that are PSC peep created, but I've given you no credit at this point as I want to keep any personal influence out of the judging - you can dig through this thread to see where they came from).

So if you go to the " i " in PHOTOGRAPHIC on the www.BrilliantEye.ca temp-splash page you can go directly to the semi- finalists.

Again, I truly do appreciate any and all of your inputs... and really appreciate those of you who have taken extra time to whip up some actual ruff proofs of your ideas for me! Very Happy

chrispis

Post Fri May 27, 2005 10:35 am   Reply with quote         

Anytime Reinier,... maybe a little bit of proof that there are some good guys at PSC too Wink

ReinMan

Post Fri May 27, 2005 10:44 am   Reply with quote         

Chrispis - you got it right. I've always known that there are good peeps here at this site. That is why I stick around! Very Happy

NOTE TO ALL: I'm working on a Black & White only version of the semi-final page - it will link at the bottom of the colour page. Have that up soon!
(one thing I and other's in the know know, is that a logo should survive perfectly in a total Black & White world! Wink )

Post Fri May 27, 2005 10:49 am   Reply with quote         

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Fri May 27, 2005 11:09 am   Reply with quote         

Out of the semi finalists I like f,b, and g in that order.
chrispis

Post Fri May 27, 2005 11:27 am   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
(one thing I and other's in the know know, is that a logo should survive perfectly in a total Black & White world! Wink )

Exclamation

Robaccomando

Post Fri May 27, 2005 11:28 am   Reply with quote         

or this way:

Patre

Post Fri May 27, 2005 12:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Rein...
I am a novice of the highest order when it comes to making judgments concerning things I know nothing about. So if you are looking for the untutored eye's version of what is most appealing, I offer it for your consideration.
G
D
A-My wife's first pick..

What do I know?There were times in the Service when I confused my right and left feet.
And suffered a DI tongue lashing I still haven't forgotten. But I figure you needed opinions from the worst to the first-since it takes all kinds..

Good luck with this project!!

patim

Post Fri May 27, 2005 1:03 pm   Reply with quote         

G,D and C in that order Smile

ScionShade

Post Fri May 27, 2005 5:21 pm   Reply with quote         

Chris' new set is a winner- love it.
Smile
That looks professional and not just nice.

chrispis

Post Fri May 27, 2005 6:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok,.. I really agree with Rein on the Black and white version of a logo. It shows the power of a logo and you know you can use it for everuthing in print. For instance > embossing, screen printing, varnish print to name just a few. Simplicity in logos is the best, beacuse a lot of the times to much 'bling bling' doesn't add to a logo. Less IS more, people.

Smile

@scion,.. thanks!

ScionShade

Post Fri May 27, 2005 6:23 pm   Reply with quote         

27 May 2005, Chrispis and Scion were nice to eachother on
Lag B'omer DAY!!!
Happy Lag B'omer day!!!

dunno

Post Fri May 27, 2005 6:32 pm   Reply with quote         

i can only speak from the point of a 'customer', no clue about logos, design and such. Howsoever, i'd vote for G. Its appealing to the eye, consistent and usable colored and b/w ....... err....... wait.... it is black/white?.... nevermind Very Happy

for me its G! Good luck ReinMan!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Launch of Site that My Friends At PSC Helped Build! :D - Reply to topic