Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - mugs - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:24 pm   Reply with quote         

edited: I was just venting some anger and directed it toward BillTVshows post, which was wrong. So please ignore this thread and good luck to BillTVshow.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Cynn

Post Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Kidding me? It's built from source, no tutorial!

BTVS won the tournament because he's a brilliant chopper, not because he's BTVS. Same with votes--he earns them just like everybody else.

fempie

Post Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:45 pm   Reply with quote         

take a good look at the post of billtvshow...
Why would you not vote for it? Do you see something wrong with his picture? It is full of detailed precision work. I bet that it took a lot! of time to create it. This is not just one hour work. I find it great if you can draw a 3d bulb like that with so many amazing details. Try it...

velocity

Post Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:47 pm   Reply with quote         

Just look at all the subtle details... The bottom of the light bulb using the color from the the black mug and the lamp from the blue mug... the bulb itself from the green mug... all the feathered layers of shading, reflections, and transparencies that give the bulb its 3D appearance... quite amazing!

Post Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:50 pm   Reply with quote         

I suppose the thought that this might actually be vote-worthy has escaped you? With 25 votes to give out per contest, this one definately makes the grade for me.

cafn8d 09/12 @ 09:41 pm

I've been there! Wow, I've been someplace Square's been! That is SO AWESO... what... the SHIV is over? oh... Well, I've still been there... Smile

https://shannonlea1218.wordpress.com/

Post Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:55 pm   Reply with quote         

yes it's a great post. I just didn't see how the bulb was made from the green mug. Couldn't you just as easily make a lightbulb shape and shade/light it correctly? Confused

I always see alot of stuff with alot of work get little to no votes. That's why I got mad.

fempie

Post Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Bababooey wrote:
Couldn't you just as easily make a lightbulb shape and shade/light it correctly? Confused

easily?... uh... like i said... try it! Even if he made first the light bulb and then adjusted the lighting it is voteworthy.

Post Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:03 pm   Reply with quote         

I don't have to "Try it" I already know I can do it. I'm just voicing my opinion frempie

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:05 pm   Reply with quote         

It's cool man. Claf's pic rules. If people haven't seen it, they should, cause it's brilliant work and he's a cool dude. (No sarcasm)

Seriously, no hard feelings Baba. I went out on a limb on this one to attempt to make something from scratch that I had never done before, and win or lose, I was quite proud of the outcome. The chops where you learn things are the crucial ones because that's where you increase your chopping repertoire; Square has always been someone to beat that into my head. I know your concerns are legit and not hypocritical because you have heartily supported several of my pics in the past and I haven't forgotten. I can't really address your problem; I don't handle that.

And congrats again on your marriage.
billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Bababooey: yes it's a great post. I just didn't see how the bulb was made from the green mug. Couldn't you just as easily make a lightbulb shape and shade/light it correctly?

Btw, I said it was all source and ps work. I didn't make the glass part of the bulb itself from the source, that was the scratch work, just like you just said. Everything else inside of the bulb (except the very thin wires and electricity) came from the mugs.
Square

Post Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:09 pm   Reply with quote         

You're truly a good human being, BillTV. Very well spoken reply. A true gentleman. Smile

cafn8d 09/12 @ 09:41 pm

I've been there! Wow, I've been someplace Square's been! That is SO AWESO... what... the SHIV is over? oh... Well, I've still been there... Smile

https://shannonlea1218.wordpress.com/

Post Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:16 pm   Reply with quote         

thanks for responding BillTVSHOW. I didn't mean for everyone to get all crazy. Maybe I was just mad because hardly anyone voted on my TV Squirrel Torture Cage. Smile

bluefist
Site Moderator

Post Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Don't be ashamed Booey. I like BillTVShow....but I'm not voting for the light bulb post if it makes you feel any better.

More people should freely express their opinions. Good job!

Have a GREAT summer.

ReinMan

Post Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:57 pm   Reply with quote         

BlueFist - you are seriously breaking my Sarcasm Meter, dude! Razz

BaHBlahBlooey! - did you bother to download Mr. TVshow's PSD that he kindly supplied with his post? That would shut yer yap fast. LOTS of FRICKIN WORK THERE>

Personally I'm not sure you DO know how to do that chop. I think you are whining. And you are not admitting it.

Just admit you got up on the wrong side of the bed today (we all do at times) and maybe you can save some face here - but right now, with this thread you started and the other "why don't I get votes" thread, you are looking like a whiner... and that surprises me!

bluefist
Site Moderator

Post Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Seriously Rein,

It's a great effort. There's just parts of it I think could've been done better.

Given Bill's efforts in the H2H...I kind of critique his work with more scrutiny now. He knows this. I don't think he's offended.

I really do want everyone to have a GREAT summer.

It's all for real.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - mugs - Reply to topic