Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Cuel Lighthouse gif - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Cuel lighthouse or gay waste of time?

Cuel lighthouse

81%

81%

[ 9 ]

gay waste of time

18%

18%

[ 2 ]

Total Votes: 11

Post Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:59 am   Reply with quote         

I spent about an hour or so doing this. Just breaking in my skills with my newfound ImageReady program! DUE to a request, youhave to follow the link now. DO IT!!! DO IT!!!

http://home.comcast.net/~mason4300/lighthouse.gif

Post Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:01 am   Reply with quote         

crap...disregard this second post...

Post Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:24 am   Reply with quote         

Copyright 1983, Castle Rock Entertainment Inc. Wink

Mad I don't like how the light suddenly stops as it sweeps around the back (must be hitting a fog-bank or something)

Crying or Very sad I don't like how it's 2 meg. You need to explore the optimization features

Confused I don't like how the lens-flare is static. You could have increased the intensity of that filter each step as it swings to the foreground.

Evil or Very Mad I don't like how I'm so negative.

Robaccomando

Post Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:51 am   Reply with quote         

good job Very Happy

Fugue is just jealous

Square

Post Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:58 am   Reply with quote         

it's not bad at all, but the positioning of the beam of light, as it goes around the left side of the lighthouse, jumps. the part closest to the lighthouse moves, so it looks a bit odd. The three frames just before the light beam disappears behind the lighthouse.

cafn8d 09/12 @ 09:41 pm

I've been there! Wow, I've been someplace Square's been! That is SO AWESO... what... the SHIV is over? oh... Well, I've still been there... Smile

https://shannonlea1218.wordpress.com/

Post Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:07 pm   Reply with quote         

[quote="Fugue"]:
I don't like how the lens-flare is static. You could have increased the intensity of that filter each step as it swings to the foreground.
quote]
Ifyoupayattention, it isnt static. it increases as it comes full face. You cant really tell i guess b/c youre being blinded with the light a second later.

Post Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Mr. Mason:

Good for a starter GIFFY animation. AND welcome to the site!

SERIOUSLY THOUGH, . . a little PSC ettiquette (what is nice to do here): refrain from posting a 2 MEG image in the actual THREAD! The dial-up users will hunt you down and OPTIMIZE YOUR NAUGHTY BITS! Shocked

Here's what a Nice PSCer would do: Create your MASSIVE and STUNNING GIF animation and put it on a webpage somewhere. Then create a Wee (200k max) version of it to attrack your well deserved attention here, post that image in the actual thread. PROVIDE a LINK to the BIG MUTHAFRICKA GIF. This way you will not have the OPTIMIZATION POLICE after your arse!

Okay - the actual GIF animation you created is fine. Now, if you can add a naked woman in the forground, a ferral squirrel in the background, and perhaps a flightless waterfowl in the water you will have a winner here! Wink

Post Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:28 pm   Reply with quote         

thanks reinman. I got rid of the image, hopefully your happy now. As forthe other requests, maybe in a while! Wink

Post Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Nice GIF anim there mason:

Fugue wrote:
Mad I don't like how the light suddenly stops as it sweeps around the back (must be hitting a fog-bank or something)
Crying or Very sad I don't like how it's 2 meg. You need to explore the optimization features
Confused I don't like how the lens-flare is static. You could have increased the intensity of that filter each step as it swings to the foreground.

Square wrote:
...the positioning of the beam of light, as it goes around the left side of the lighthouse, jumps.

I'd pretty much agree with these observations.

I'd also add that the point where the beam hits the viewer, you could add a quick frame of white-out or with very high levels, to create a "dazzling flash" effect.

(and of course you'd need to animate the waves around the rocks slightly too, to make it realistic... but that's another issue. Wink )

Good work though - you've got the timing and idea right, so keep working on different concepts and techniques and you'll be posting great GIFfys shortly (and we need more cool animation entries IMO Razz )

Post Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Mason - seriously, try doing a small sized version for the start of this thread. It really helps "tease" someone to actually HIT the link.

Open ImageReady - go to IMAGE --> DUPLICATE
then on the copy image go IMAGE - -> IMAGE SIZE and in the width put in around 250px or so (make sure the CONSTRAIN PROPORTIONS button is ON) and there you have it! a nice semi-Thumbnail version of your MasterPiece (even without the extra bits that i KNOW would make it BRILLIANT!) that you can entise viewers to look at in the LINKED page! Just post it in the thread about your (well executed) link.

Smile

Go ahead - I DARE you! Razz

Square

Post Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:21 pm   Reply with quote         

am I the only one bothered by the spelling of 'cuel'?

cafn8d 09/12 @ 09:41 pm

I've been there! Wow, I've been someplace Square's been! That is SO AWESO... what... the SHIV is over? oh... Well, I've still been there... Smile

https://shannonlea1218.wordpress.com/
ReinMan

Post Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:28 pm   Reply with quote         

yez

Post Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:40 pm   Reply with quote         

thanks for the resizing tip, reinman. as for "Cuel', dont use it...ITS MINE!!!! its copyrighted, so i'll SUE you!!! Wink When I have the time, I will do all the things that you guys have said would make it better. I didnt forget about these things, I considered every aspect of the picture, I just wanted to try my hand at it. You might see a new one within the month.

Post Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:18 pm   Reply with quote         

It is wacky, but I actually like the small one you posted at the top of the page better!

Sometimes if a GIFFY is TOO BIG it tends to show up the limitations of having a limited colour palette!

Anyway, there you go MASONdude - you've learned a few things here and now you can get back to planning your World Domination! Very Happy

Post Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:13 pm   Reply with quote         

I know exactly what you're talking about. I like it smaller, too. By the way, how did you know that I was planning to take over the world?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Cuel Lighthouse gif - Reply to topic