Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - who wants to go back? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Anonymous posting?

yes

59%

59%

[ 68 ]

no

40%

40%

[ 46 ]

Total Votes: 114

MoLinKo

Post Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:28 pm   Reply with quote         

If you want it to be completely fair here is what you do.

1- Anonymous posting
2-Hidden Votes
3-Random Placement of posts on pages
4-Everyone would have a day to prep before voting began

But since this site is more about supporting one another and helping each other out with our knowledge and skills, maybe we should focus less on who gets the most votes or which post deserves more or less votes, and instead try focus our combined skills to once and for all, take over and rule the world.

Who is with me?

splodge

Post Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:03 pm   Reply with quote         

JMH is god/good, we asked for anonymous posting and we got it, big mistake, the whole comunity spirit vanished almost straight away, the number of posts started falling off, hardly anyone bothered voting, the chat page was empty all day, there were no new topics in the forum, the few ppl that did use the chat site were bitching and back stabbing, usualy about hinting about there post or messaging there posts to each other, ppl being acused of cheating, i must admit during those months i was e-mailed or messaged dozons of times, almost every day by ppl wanting my vote, i ignored them. even the ones i would of voted for. i think we nearly lost the site altogether so JMH changed it back to the way it was,,,BOOM ,,it was almost instant, the spirit that had abandoned us was back, the chat pages and forum started flowing again, the number of posts and votes started climbing back up, now to record levels.
the old site is back, bigger and better than ever before.
so in short,,,the next person to mention anonymous posting gets there face broken, the next person to start a forum topic about anon posting should be banished to photoshopripoff.com

Hallcross Toots
Cynn

Post Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:15 pm   Reply with quote         

And that, I believe, should be the last word on the matter.

( Er, so, ignore this post. Only, um, not. Argh )

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:52 pm   Reply with quote         

nah the last word is always going to be zylotingagram, ner ner cynn lol.... wait awwww buckets of plop.... I just made that word up didnt I .......sigh Rolling Eyes

vunt van pumununt

Post Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:46 am   Reply with quote         

in the wise words of the ancient philosopher Marcanicio Ballisticiditada: "zylotingagram"

Post Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:38 am   Reply with quote         

Post Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:12 am   Reply with quote         

Nurse! Nurse! He's out of bed again!

I think the sedatives wore off!

Post Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:41 am   Reply with quote         

you know, as much as I liked anon voting.... you're right slodge.

vunt van pumununt

Post Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:50 am   Reply with quote         

tamir: pity you had behave like an idiot to prove a point that's allready been proven...

Post Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:44 am   Reply with quote         

whatever your reasons, Tamir, and whether you are right or wrong, there is no justification for the abusive tone you took and the insults you made to cynn. what kind of message does that give? the ends justify the means? trampeling on feelings and using language (which might have been read by my kids) is ok if you have a point to make? even when the point has been made over and over (and whereby the choice was made for the lesser of two evils)?

I don't know, Tamir, what to think of all this. it saddens me to see people behave in such a way. it is inevitable for people to behave like total idiots sometimes (god knows i do), it is inherent to human nature. but it is becoming increasingly common, especially on the internet, where everybody is sitting safely behind a monitor on the other side of the globe and can cuss away without any real consequences. one of the major problems today is tremendous increase in the lack of respect for others, and this summits in your rationalization of your behavior: it's ok to be a prick, cause i -the most important person in the world- had a point to make.

yours truly,
mother teresa

Post Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:45 am   Reply with quote         

Ti-diot wrote:
i had to do it vunt van pumununt , you have to act idiot to let the real idiots prove your point

Unfortunately for you, my michael loving freak, THAT statement makes you the biggest idiot (nevermind the whole Jackson thing).

I really hate to be the one to tell you, but you are no pioneer at being a gigantic idiot. What you said to Cynn and others was grossly out of line and if your behavior is allowed without some sort of suspension or banishment, I would be surprised. Not because of your attempts at making your point, but for the hostile comments and blantant disrespect for others.

Others have expressed their strong feelings, me included, without being so hostile.
Ok, maybe one time I was but I'm better now. really.

What do you think you proved?
That the contests could be fairer with anonymous voting and entries?
That there are votes cast by friends for friends?
That there are votes not cast by members for dumbasses like yourself?

Well, guess what? No Shit, Sherlock!. Thats why this particular topic has been around for years here. Some feel strongly against anonymous anything, some feel strongly for anonymous and still others just come here to have fun and show their work and meet a few others like themselves.

Its called a community. We get together for fun, some chop better than others. Some have more "e-friends" than others. Some chat. The thing that binds us all together here is that we all like the site.

With that said, if you are only here for the competition and not the community, and you do not like the way the competition is run, go find another one that makes you feel all fuzzy and better. I learned this, thanks to the gracious attention of others here.

Now, if you do stay, don't bother focusing all your anger towards something that isn't going to change any time soon. Focus it on something more worth your while. Like, promoting harder work on images, less laziness by not using or relying on stock image photos too much, buy providing a good example of what a well chopped image is. hmmm?

Smile

HandToolUK

Post Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:12 am   Reply with quote         

vunt van pumununt wrote:
whatever your reasons, Tamir, and whether you are right or wrong, there is no justification for the abusive tone you took and the insults you made to cynn...

...one of the major problems today is tremendous increase in the lack of respect for others, and this summits in your rationalization of your behavior: it's ok to be a prick, cause i -the most important person in the world- had a point to make.

SwordOfTruth wrote:
I really hate to be the one to tell you, but you are no pioneer at being a gigantic idiot. What you said to Cynn and others was grossly out of line and if your behavior is allowed without some sort of suspension or banishment, I would be surprised. Not because of your attempts at making your point, but for the hostile comments and blantant disrespect for others.
Now, if you do stay, don't bother focusing all your anger towards something that isn't going to change any time soon. Focus it on something more worth your while.

Well said, both.

Now please let's have an end to your rantings on this thread, Tamir. It's not getting anyone anywhere, except yourself closer to being banned I suspect. Also the whole MJ thing is completely irrelevant to the issue of anon or non-anon posting, and getting very boring.

Post Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:37 am   Reply with quote         

i disagree with you splodge, the community was well lively when i joined and posting was "anonymous", you're painting a catastrophic picture to better prove your point, i assume you're talking about the very first period in which anonymous was implemented, before i joined. i also invite anyone who feels like opening a thread about this matter in the future to do it without fear of getting their butts kicked.

ReinMan

Post Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:47 am   Reply with quote         

bully

YerPalAl

Post Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:00 am   Reply with quote         

Play nicely children or I''ll lock this down.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - who wants to go back? - Reply to topic