Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - who wants to go back? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Anonymous posting?

yes

59%

59%

[ 68 ]

no

40%

40%

[ 46 ]

Total Votes: 114

ScionShade

Post Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Your only proving my point.
So you want anonymous posting--while some
people wouldn't actually be posting anonymously.

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:39 pm   Reply with quote         

HAH! no matter how jmh does it, this question comes up and people "demand a change".

There are pro's and con's to both ways. Go to that faceoff/ripoff site if you want anon so bad. The site's pretty much the exact same site as this one except for it's "anon".

If you're not happy with the votes you're getting, do what the other vote focused people do. Create a few aliases and vote for yourself. Rolling Eyes

I agree with thbeghin.

Robaccomando

Post Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:49 pm   Reply with quote         

scion, you really think I want anon posting back because of ONE vote?? ONE vote that my wife cast won't make or break any of my posts. Raising Brow

Square

Post Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Robaccomando wrote:
Scion, would Square know what YerPalAL posts?
Does Fiona know what ckoenigs posts? and so on...

I don't even know why you went there.

I've always known what he's working on, and here's something I just know you're going to go through the time and effort to verify--I do not vote for all of Al's images, and vice versa. This is true regardless of whether the posting was anonymous or not. If he comes up with something I like, I vote for it. If he doesn't, I don't. Then again, I'm not that vigilant about the whole 'vote for your friends' thing so I've missed out on voting for some of his (as well as plenty of other peoples') chops. I don't put that much importance on it, and neither does Al (or most of those I associate with for that matter).

I rarely vote anymore, and I chop even less. But I'd much rather be able to see who's posting what, be comfortable with giving out advice knowing ahead of time who I'm talking to, and I also appreciate the fact that I currently have the ability to vote on someone's chop not because it's the best thing I've ever seen, but because the person has shown personal growth and improvement as a chopper.

This subject has been practically beat to death several times, given cpr and had the shock paddles taken to it, just so it could be beat back to death over and over again. I think it's time to let it stay dead, and either accept that jmh does what he sees fit with this site in regards to anonymous/non-anon posting or find another site where it's not an issue.

That's my 2 cents on this subject....oh yeah, and don't forget to have a GREAT FRIGGIN' SUMMER, because apparently that's really important too. Rolling Eyes

cafn8d 09/12 @ 09:41 pm

I've been there! Wow, I've been someplace Square's been! That is SO AWESO... what... the SHIV is over? oh... Well, I've still been there... Smile

https://shannonlea1218.wordpress.com/
Robaccomando

Post Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:35 pm   Reply with quote         

square, I didn't mean for you to have defend yourself. I was just trying to say, "Of course she knows what I post!" Neutral

ScionShade

Post Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:42 pm   Reply with quote         

That's great Square. You got a way with words.
That's exactly what I was feeling and totally said wrong.
Roba--see you got the benefit of someone knowing your post -who you can confer with--
who,when you post something your excited about, thay can share that excitement with you.
I LIKE doing that with other people. Non-anon--I can get excited for someone when they do something beyond what they could do before--
they get a PM from me right away"HEY!! I saw your post--that is WAY
out of the box!! MAN!! I hope you kick some butt with this one!!"
That's one of the best things about this place, I never wanna see that change.
I totally missed that part of the excitement when we had the tournament.

Square

Post Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Smile No worries, Rob. I know you didn't mean it that way. I simply jumped on it to illustrate a point. Smile

Scion...hard as this is to believe, you and Al share a commonality: he gets the biggest kick out of seeing choppers improve. I'm constantly having him say to me "did you see this post by such-and-such? They're really coming along in their skills...this is their best one yet!" It's his excitment on behalf of up-and-coming choppers that motivates me to vote in contests, to spend the 10 or 15 minutes it takes to honestly go through a contest and vote. His enthusiasm is infectious. Smile

cafn8d 09/12 @ 09:41 pm

I've been there! Wow, I've been someplace Square's been! That is SO AWESO... what... the SHIV is over? oh... Well, I've still been there... Smile

https://shannonlea1218.wordpress.com/
sage

Post Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Right....I know you're all waiting for sage wisdom with bated breath.

I probably work harder than all of you to be popular and accepted. Whether or not my efforts are worth it remains to be seen. If anon posting were implemented, then all my work to be popular would be for not (if, indeed, some people here like me). I didn't make it as a musician, I sure as hell won't fail here Evil or Very Mad .

In all seriousness, though ('cause sometimes we gotta be), I agree with what vunt et al. said about encouraging younger choppers to experiment and improve. Also, I believe that if a proven chopper posts something that is not up to par (by his or her standards), then I would be more reluctant to vote. It's just a way of encouraging all to better themselves with each post.

I, too, like to offer encouragement and advice (if I can) to others whether they be more accomplished than me or not as choppers. I also welcome critiques and/or advice from anyone. I also like hugs and kisses from the women here.

It is summer. You should be outside playing. Smile

square: I hope that's all he's got that's infectious Laughing

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Sage is hot. I shall vote for him because he's hot.

Damn you all for starting this up again.

I'm going outside to play. I shall roll castboy around in the grass and make his cast turn green.

st1n3r

Post Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:00 pm   Reply with quote         

imma go out on a limb here but...PLOOPY!

SWINGING BLADES LIKE A HELICOPTER

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:22 am   Reply with quote         

i think no matter what happens, if it does go back to mystery mystical wooooo voting, that all the precations in the world couldnt stop me being recognised..... aslong as there is an authors note or te ability to comment, everyone will know its my special brand of crazy off the wall and into next doors garden kinda insanity.... but hey get rid of it all and i guess i will have to revert to sign language or something...

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:20 am   Reply with quote         

i hear what ya sayin ta-mir, and most of it is spot on... except i like anfas brick wall one, i dont think by any stretch it would have got 0 votes but i agree it may have less if it was annonymous, all ya have to do is look at the head 2 head results, big name people who get an average of 40/50/60 votes consistently were flying out of that comp, and why because it was annonymous.... so i think its time for change or as it is, time to go old school back to basics, lets be having it JMH

st1n3r

Post Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:19 am   Reply with quote         

i still would have voted for anfa's pink floyd entry no matter who's it was. Smile

SWINGING BLADES LIKE A HELICOPTER

Cynn

Post Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:45 am   Reply with quote         

Me, too, St1.

I think it's insulting to say that people vote for Anfa just because he's Anfa. To me, that is the complaint of a person who hasn't developed a good eye, yet. This isn't a popularity contest, it's a Photoshop contest. And Anfa is an outstanding Photoshop artist. I think ascribing any other meaning to his strong performance in the voting is rude to Anfa and unfair to those who vote for his posts.

I absolutely think that a person's name should stand for something, and Anfa's name has come to be associated with excellent chops. But every time he posts, he has to earn that reputation again. Nobody gets a free ride to the top of the standings.

There are those who friend-vote and multi-vote, and they are the problem, not excellent choppers with well-earned reputations. And going anonymous is not going to solve that problem. (One account per IP might help, though.)

blue_lurker

Post Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:48 am   Reply with quote         

Ok I read and I read and I read...(theres 10 minutes of my life Im not getting back).

Who cares, votes should not be the main drive on a site like this, there good fun and they make ya feel all warm and yummy inside, so does hot marshmellow dipped in chocolate.

Look at the art, look at the skill, look at the talent that is here. Check out fark, up for laugths, Worth1000 up it's self, and any other site like this, whats the main reason you look. The art work, creativity, style, idea, talent and the skill.

Make the votes what they are, secondary to the talent. It was mentioned about the better known choppers getting more votes because they were know and have a circle of friends who vote for them, what about all the other vote's they get from non-friends. Lets get back to what I came here for to learn, enjoy and chop.

I find it more rewarding when some one comments on my image than getting a vote, (except my coffee cup and muffin cause that deserved more votes...LOL) and I think it's nice when you take the time out to complement others on a win in the congrates thread. Thats what we all should be doing enjoying the art for the sake of enjoyment....

(Gets of the soap box...straightens his tie, and takes his medication...sits down to read some more)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - who wants to go back? - Reply to topic