Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - THE TAX MAN COMETH!!! - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

WhimSea

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:31 am   Reply with quote         

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzLry3ABpV0

I just finished my 2004!!!! taxes! Feds owe me a whopping 51¢! I told them to keep it! Very Happy

I owe my state $1.00 (less but they round off darn it!). I figured 60¢ in late penalities... I'll give them $2... because I'm generous that way.

got any strange tax deductions?

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:41 am   Reply with quote         

I owe the feds and the state owes me. Wish I could get the state to give the money to the feds so that I didn't have to mess with it. Laughing

WhimSea

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:56 am   Reply with quote         

I was wishing the same thing!

Lord David

Location: Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets, Alpha Quadrant.

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:46 am   Reply with quote         

You poor primitive Americans, our taxes are automatically deducted from our weekly pay over here, we got the tax file number system.

splodge

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:44 am   Reply with quote         

when i was working in Holland i was working for an English company who were registered in Ireland and hired by a Swedish firm (Ericssons telecoms) to install there telecom systems for the dutch national phone company (PTT) we were sometimes sent over the borders to work in other countries, (France, Belgium, Germany and Switzerland) getting paid by there respective governments and telecom firms.
when the contracts ended in late march i decided to stay in Holland until April 6th, start of the English tax year to simplify things, HA!
when i got back to the UK i was called into the local tax office, by the time i left the office the woman i was dealing with was almost in tears Smile
i guess she was having a bad day and i just capped it off nicely Laughing
although I'd hardly paid any tax from my £1,000 a week job, the lovely tax people gave me a £650 tax rebate.

Hallcross Toots
FootFungas

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:46 am   Reply with quote         

Lord David wrote:
You poor primitive Americans, our taxes are automatically deducted from our weekly pay over here, we got the tax file number system.

Thats so kind of the government. They probably only charge a small fee for that service.

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:12 am   Reply with quote         

Lord David wrote:

ours are deducted as well but not to the penny so either a refund or payment gets due at the end of the year. My wife and I don't do any dependents so we are expecting around a $5,000 refund shortly so "poor" is a bad choice of words...heh heh Laughing

dewdew

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:12 am   Reply with quote         

Lord David wrote:

They deduct our weekly pay too.....the only difference is that at the end of the year....if the amount they took each week does not add up to the amount they have set. You get to pay the remaining balance by April 15...COOL HUH??
Embarassed

cherylm329

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:31 am   Reply with quote         

I remember the days (before I had a child) when I use to always have to pay state, errr. Not to mention, I would get a federal refund and have to pay my state with it. Talk about dangling food in a poor man's face, puckers! Smile

ReinMan

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:11 am   Reply with quote         

I've been doing the QUICKTAX software thang for the last 5 years or so. But I was getting more and more sweaty trying to figure out where to INSERT THINGS. So this year I got a real live ACCOUNTANT. Now I've got a professional to tell me where to INSERT THINGS.

YAY! Twisted Evil

(I hardly felt a thing!) Confused

(go to my quiet place! go to my quiet place! go to my quiet place...)

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:54 am   Reply with quote         

In Norway, you get a note with how much money the state wants to hand you, and if you're satisfied, you just wait until summer. I got around $1200 myself.

Hooray.

Oscar

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:09 pm   Reply with quote         

I did my taxes using Turbo tax... I got 7k Very Happy

delia

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:23 pm   Reply with quote         

We claim "0" dependants so we can "save" since we are poor savers. Hubby has an extra $5 state and $10 federal taken out each week too.

Then, when we file, we file jointly with all of our spawn listed, and we end up with a very pretty penny at the end of they year.... Our own personal "savings bank" if you will.

Nearly $10,000 refund (fixing our roof on our house with it...)

Then, G. Dub decided to do that economic stimulus thing, so that is expected to be another $1500.

Very Happy

http://www.track4va.com

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:25 pm   Reply with quote         

I got 209 dollars woo!
I didn't qualify for that stupid economy stimulus crap, though. didn't make quite enough to earn it. Crying or Very sad

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:46 pm   Reply with quote         

I got 6.5k, and waiting for that economy incentive check for another 2.1k.
I love the tax time.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - THE TAX MAN COMETH!!! - Reply to topic