Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - LIVE 8 GOOD LUCK PHILLI FROM UK AND REST OF WORLD - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Leave ya messages here people

marcoballistic

Post Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:59 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic

Post Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:37 pm   Reply with quote         

Awsome absolutely awsome... I don't even care that no one is posting to this topic Laughing
all the shows are fantastic.... anyway just a quick message to say go to:

www.live8live.com

and click the online now button under the sign the list now bit on that page, and fill in ya details (Name and country) and you will have helped more than you know, i'm just trying to do my bit here, if we all sign... thats a hell of alot more names getting delivered to gleneagles in scotland on the 6th to the G8 leaders.

Ok people... up to you now...

laters

marco b

Lexi

Post Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Great Music and good on you for trying to do this.. I've been watching it live most of the day.. good to see Pink Floyd back together ...Some awesome music happening here maybe not a subject for here (who knows)..... but some great artists are performing for this cause
Smile

splodge

Post Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:25 pm   Reply with quote         

purely a promotional gig U2, MADONA, Africa will over come, without geldof and his crew.
all they want is there land, so they can feed them selves again.
trust me most africans are embaraced by the atention they are getting.
OOOH the beach boys are on now, must go.

Hallcross Toots
marcoballistic

Post Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:57 pm   Reply with quote         

maybe it isnt a subject for here.... but then again why not, in a few days we will have all forgotten, i think its important enough to bring up while its fresh in our memories

marcoballistic

Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:03 am   Reply with quote         

and in reply to you splodge i hear what ya saying man.... although a tad cynical, but hey if thats your opinion thats ok, but mine is..... i doubt very much the parents and even more so the children, are getting embaraced at the point were they know within 5 minutes their son...daughter...husband...wife...mother....father will have died because of one of so many preventable problem we here in the west just take for granted every day. and as for apromotional tour....maybe some of the younger bands, i would perhaps agree with you there... but not U2.

marco

Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:57 am   Reply with quote         

Well its over and a smashing success!

Thousands of people attended the best concert lineup ever assembled and
the masses have spoken.

The message to the G8 leaders is loud and clear;
What we want is fare trade, debt reduction and increased aid to Africa. Or was it the tsunami ravaged regions? No no it was Africa because the guitar logo was shaped like Africa.

Anyway, Mr. G8 leader, you better meet our demands! Because if you don't,
I'm prepared to go to another amazing concert next year (if the tickets are still free, of course). And if you don't meet our demands next year, I'll go to another
free concert, and then another one...

I think you get the idea, Mr. G8 leader.

Certainly the increased tourism dollar these concerts bring to your country will make you beg us to stop.

Congrats to Sir Bob Geldof on a job well done and a heartfelt thank you to the thousands of philanthropists who braved the summer conditions to watch Madonna sing "Like a Prayer".

Let us never again underestimate the power of people brought together for a good cause and let us never underestimate the power of Elton John and his $60,000 sunglasses to end poverty in Africa.

1337hax0r

Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:48 pm   Reply with quote         

well said badcop

ReinMan

Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:42 am   Reply with quote         

I just LOVE the way politics (even "good" politics) goes over SO WELL here at PSC.
Rolling Eyes I guess it is because this is a Screw Around With Bitmaps kinda site? I wouldn't take it personally Marco - but in the past certain political threads have caused quite the uproar here at PSC. Handtool? You got the specs on those uproars handy? Wink

(I hope that rolling eye emoticon up above does not in anyway get my statement here misinterpreted in such a way as to be misinterpreted. I would not want my political views to be confused with anything confusing!)

marcoballistic

Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:40 am   Reply with quote         

i dont understand how any person on this planet that lives a healthy comfortable existance... can have an opinion against this thread..... you are sub human if you do (lol i am not referring to anyone on PSC by the way as no one has an opinion like that, that I know of).... thats my opinion, there is no good side to not helping africa, unless letting millions die annually is your idea of fun.

marcoballistic

Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:42 am   Reply with quote         

www.live8live.com/list

there is no excuse... there is no commitment on your behalf

just ya name and country...

supak0ma

Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:03 am   Reply with quote         

how are these money used? were the artists paid? i mean if the money is used to bring them food its a big scam, if then the money is used to bring education and infrastructures aimed at taching the ppl how to survive by themselves then i'm ok with it. Usually tho there's a lot of pigs getting fatter at the expense of the gullible public at these fund raidsing events. Regarding the 'g8', they couldn't care less about what we think! they're just puppets anyway.

splodge

Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:55 am   Reply with quote         

Hallcross Toots
marcoballistic

Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:13 pm   Reply with quote         

i'm thinking you missed the point of live 8 supa...it wasnt in no way a charity event...as no money was asked for... and not and artist, a musician, a stage hand, a helper at the concerts, or anyone involved got one penny, cent, euro, yen, anything. no one got paid, it was a show of people power...890 million have now signed the petition that will go to glen eagles on wednesday.... and it is growing very fast.... if we dont do something...who the hell will.... as u say g8 members wont move unless we force them... they are puppets... but we are the puppetiers, and your point about this help going to make a short term solution, or is it going to help them to stand alone... then its the latter... it wont be a short process but it is the beginning of creating an africa that will stand proud... not afraid of its leaders, governments, or militant sects.... like i said at the beginning... i think you have missed the point... go to

www.live8live.com/list

man and see for yourself.. they dont want ya money...they want YOU!

peace

marco out.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - LIVE 8 GOOD LUCK PHILLI FROM UK AND REST OF WORLD - Reply to topic