Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

 


Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Gratuitous product placement - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:26 pm   Reply with quote         


.


Too often I see the letters "PSC' or the PSC logo appear for no good reason in a contest entry.

Although on rare occasions this actually added something to the image, for the most part I find
it distracting and detracting.

If you insist on putting a message somewhere in your image, you can think of something smarter and more fitting to your theme. "PSC" is just too obvious and easy. We all know what site we're on.


Just a thought.




Cynn

Location: California Choppin'

Post Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:29 pm   Reply with quote         


I don't see it as vote-mongering; I see it more as PSC enthusiasm. Am I just being naive?




_________________

Showcase

Location: A little town on the edge of Sanity

Post Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:53 pm   Reply with quote         


Cynn wrote:
...Am I just being naive?

yes, but then again you are a woman...

However, with that said, Im not sure I agree, Badcop. I sort of look at it as team spirit, or as Cynn naively mentioned...enthusiasm. You know, when you go to watch your team play, or participate with your team, you often will wear the Team Logo or colors or whatnot right?

Aint nothing wrong with Team spirit.

However, with that said, I dont think people should expect votes because they happened to toss those letters somewhere in the image. It is a site for creativity afterall...




Post Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:55 pm   Reply with quote         


.
Cynn wrote:
I don't see it as vote-mongering; I see it more as PSC enthusiasm. Am I just being naive?



I never implied that this was a form of vote mongering so I have to assume you're projecting your own hidden beliefs onto me.

In which case I'd have to say that I agree with you.

There may in fact be a "vote mongering element" to this.




Cynn

Location: California Choppin'

Post Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:14 pm   Reply with quote         


Hahaha, Show!!

Badcop-- Defensive, much? Laughing




_________________

Post Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:20 pm   Reply with quote         


Cynn wrote:

Badcop-- Defensive, much? Laughing



ahhhh come on

I'm just not a big fan of emoticons but my last response did need a few winks and smiles.




Showcase

Location: A little town on the edge of Sanity

Post Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:42 pm   Reply with quote         


All I can say is...


AND...
what about gratuitous use of PSC Member photos?
Im not talking about using yourself but rather the use of more than one...like 15 or so. Thats GOT to be some sort of vote whoring, Im sure of it.

Adding a bunch sorta seems like you intend to, at the very least, get votes from each member that appears so gratuitously in your entry...the more the marrier! Why else go through all that effort? WHY!?!?

just a thought Smile




_________________
Don't be stupid
Lrossa

Location: the sunny side of NY

Post Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:47 pm   Reply with quote         


I really don;t know what you guys are talking about, I've never seen it. Wink

PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC PSC




_________________

Post Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:51 pm   Reply with quote         


Showcase wrote:

AND...
what about gratuitous use of PSC Member photos?



ha! I was actually going to mention this and simply forgot.

It's true, though. 28 members in your entry = 28 guaranteed votes.




HandToolUK

Location: London, UK

Post Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:51 pm   Reply with quote         


Showcase wrote:
yes, but then again blahblahblah...


Showcase also wrote:
All I can say is blahblahblah...


I think what showcase means to say is: badcop, you're WRONG! Wink

(Although I'll concede that point about vote-whoring by using PSCer photos... Laughing )




_________________
"The true work of art is but a shadow of the divine perfection." - Michelangelo
billtvshow
Site Moderator

Location: North Carolina

Post Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:52 pm   Reply with quote         


I thought this (by wolf_man) was a good example of using the psc logo well to support a theme:

womprat_blaster

Location: North Carolina

Post Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:54 pm   Reply with quote         


Oh yeah, I liked that entry. It was a good chop with a nice idea to back it up.




Showcase

Location: A little town on the edge of Sanity

Post Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:56 pm   Reply with quote         


Hey Bill, we arent talking about the "Good" examples...we're talking about the other ones. Very Happy

HTUK, your concessions are appreciated...but dont expect any votes for it Wink




_________________
Don't be stupid
deshone

Location: .NL

Post Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:15 pm   Reply with quote         


i agree with badcop ... Razz




AtHeaMo

Location: Duketown

Post Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:40 pm   Reply with quote         


Quote:
i agree with badcop ... Razz


Yes, but then again you are a woman...




_________________

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Gratuitous product placement - Reply to topic

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Navigate PSC
Contests open  completed  winners  prizes  events  rules  rss 
Galleries votes  authentic  skillful  funny  creative  theme  winners 
Interact register  log in/out  forum  chat  user lookup  contact 
Stats monthly leaders  hall of fame  record holders 
PSC advantage  news (rss)  faq  about  links  contact  home 
Help faq  search  new users  tutorials  contact  password 

Adobe, the Adobe logo, Adobe Photoshop, Creative Suite and Illustrator are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Text and images copyright 2000-2006 Photoshop Contest. All rights reserved.
A venture of ExpertRating.com