Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Undervoted - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ReyRey

Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:44 am   Reply with quote         

There is always one or two people that do excellent work but don't get the votes they deserve because they get in late or some other reason. I would like to start a forum where these folks can get mentioned. I'm new to this Forum stuff so if a forum like this already exists then just ignore me. Embarassed
For example jsolimeo did a great entry on the ashtray contest. He or she had quite the realistic burning fire going there and I think if it was in sooner it would have gotten many more votes. Does any one else have an entry they would like to mention?

deshone

Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:29 am   Reply with quote         

i think he is not as popular is maybe you ... your dolphin was posted late and 2 entries before his and got 38 ...

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:39 am   Reply with quote         

yeah I would have to agree with desh on that, but ya right Rey, there are some talented unknown choppers around, that usually do post late aswell, it all culminates in low votes which is sad, but just the way it usually is

deshone

Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:46 am   Reply with quote         

if he really is a talent and he keeps on chopping he will get noticed sooner or later and get the recognition he deserves ... that's the way PSC works ...

rockymike

Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:58 am   Reply with quote         

One I like is wcgems. Also well done, always posted late. I guess the advantage really does give you...an advantage.
There's a few that post early that I think seomtimes don't get high votes. jefflang007 being one, though is recent work is being more recognized, as well as Cowboy.
I also think, in some cases, this is just as much a popularity contest as it is a design contest. Don't get me wrong though, those who are popular are because they do a stellar job on the contest daily, but I know, from my own experience, when I got to look at entries I look at the names with the reputation first then everything else second.

ReyRey

Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok, maybe that was not a good example. But there are people that do get in late that would have gotten alot of votes but just missed the chance. I just thought it would be a nice place to acknowledge these entries and give credit and encourage these people to keep on choppin". O.K. nevermind Crying or Very sad I'll shut up now Wink

cowboy399

Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:09 pm   Reply with quote         

deshone wrote:
if he really is a talent and he keeps on chopping he will get noticed sooner or later and get the recognition he deserves ... that's the way PSC works ...

It's not just getting noticed. Those of us on "advantage" have a huge advantage. Before I signed up I felt lucky to get over 30 votes on an entry. Since siging up I get over 40 on every single one. The big problem for me was by the time I got home from work and was able to actually finish something it was too late to get high votes, much less win anything. I really take my hat off to those who are not on it, yet manage to get a high average. There are many many undervoted entries here and most of it is because they got them in too late.

Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:27 pm   Reply with quote         

This...
is the absolute best late entry I have ever seen. It did not get the votes it desesrved because it was late and people had moved onto the next competition.

Thought it should be recognized, although I TheHead has not posted in a while. Nice idea Rey, sometimes there are entries that get overlooked because they are submitted on day 2.

ReyRey

Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:47 pm   Reply with quote         

That was a great example azionite. That is exactly what I am talking about. Very Happy

supak0ma

Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:10 pm   Reply with quote         

yep, feel sorry to have not looked at it, anyway, seems to me that the head is an alias.

cowboy399

Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:15 pm   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
yep, feel sorry to have not looked at it, anyway, seems to me that the head is an alias.

Why would you think that?

Lrossa

Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:21 pm   Reply with quote         

if everyone would look at all the pics, this would never have happened and If Woody had gone to the poilce......or wait, ... nevermind Razz

TheShaman

Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:30 pm   Reply with quote         

im just happy to recieve any votes at all... it would be nice to get comments from you guys that win all the time & that have already cast all of your votes... or just why youre not voting for my entries.... ie 'man nice try, but your perspective is all wrong'... but i know thats not really realistic.
BTW the best ive ever done was 47 votes and 2 6th place finishes.... being a non-advantage member, i am estatic with this... a few are in the 20's but most of my entries only get into the teens though.

Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:43 pm   Reply with quote         

just a feelin, cowboy

Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:45 pm   Reply with quote         

not sure if this counts. It was Persuader's second entry. Now that he's been around for a while, his posts do well, but at the time, i thought this was one of the best .gifs i'd seen around these parts:

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/80426/display.html

As for underappreciated artists, there's one guy who's pretty good but never gets any attention at all...name has something to do with a tv show or mr. bill or something like that. Poor guy never gets any votes.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Undervoted - Reply to topic